Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reg/orientation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Had my reg/orientation yesterday. you'd want to be there for 9 alright, or else you'll be late into the opening lecture thing, at the end of which they put you into your course group. Boring enough day i reckon but it was nice to meet the people you'll see for the next four years on your course!

Cant wait for freshers week now!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Skapoot

You dont have to turn up for orientation.

But if you do, be on time because they'll be sorting you into groups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

do i really need to bring my birth cert? it says nothing of it in the letters sent out in the post it just said print off the online registration confirmation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

do i really need to bring my birth cert? it says nothing of it in the letters sent out in the post it just said print off the online registration confirmation!!

I didn't bring it with me on the day but you will have to show it to someone in admin in the west wing because they will hound you with an e-mail. i didn't show mine yet and i'm going into second year i could be any age for all they know it was pure laziness on my part though i should have shown it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

If you want to get your student card the day of the orientation, you'd want to bring your birth cert or passport. It says so in the registration booklet you got in the letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Zonda999 wrote: »
    If you want to get your student card the day of the orientation, you'd want to bring your birth cert or passport. It says so in the registration booklet you got in the letter.

I don't have my long form birth cert as the VEC currently has it as part of my grant application. Will I be fine if I just bring along my Passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I don't have my long form birth cert as the VEC currently has it as part of my grant application. Will I be fine if I just bring along my Passport?

Yeah all they wanted to see was my passport....Take as much free stuff as you can while there.Ha ha:p

shezer wrote: »
    Yeah all they wanted to see was my passport....Take as much free stuff as you can while there.Ha ha:p

Will do Ken!!! :D

Three things not free but you also can get that are dog handy.....Student Travel Card 15euro.MiCard 10euro.Lunch ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

shezer wrote: »
    Three things not free but you also can get that are dog handy.....Student Travel Card 15euro.MiCard 10euro.Lunch ???
    DO NOT get that damned MiCard, tried using it last night at hillbillys to get my free chicken. Not even one of the employees had ever heard of this **** card.

• Advertisement

Thats cause they would rather pocket more of your money.Its on the website anyway so they have to accept it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

Unfortunately, you do not become privy to this secret until you are a seasoned fresher, but the MiCard is utterly worthless.

Why so?

Because everything you can get with a MiCard...YOU CAN ALREADY GET WITH A STUDENT CARD!

ALincoln wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you do not become privy to this secret until you are a seasoned fresher, but the MiCard is utterly worthless.

Why so?

Because everything you can get with a MiCard...YOU CAN ALREADY GET WITH A STUDENT CARD!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

For current students,did anyone get the email they were meant to have sent out last Friday about registration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Avenuegirl

titan18 wrote: »
    For current students,did anyone get the email they were meant to have sent out last Friday about registration?

I'm still waiting for mine.....and it won't let me register on the uccportal. Very strange! I'll start worrying next week I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flash88

Anyone here starting first year this year already having done 3rd level before?? You have to pay an extra 5500(ish) euro in fees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Do we definetly have to be there for nine?!?

I'll have to leave here at like 6:30 :eek:

As i here the traffic near UCC can get very bad :(

So what free stuff have people gotten who have already had their orientation?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Do we definetly have to be there for nine?!?

I'll have to leave here at like 6:30 :eek:

As i here the traffic near UCC can get very bad :(

i've done the registration and yes you gotta be there at nine

YFG bag and all the pens and bottle openers, then the whole freshers pack with everything helpful included and a few pens, along with tons of vouchers:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Aftershave....despite the fact that I'm a chick. :confused:

Oh and a lollipop, condoms and a Stinger bar. Strange combination.

That's just priceless. :D

ya you can use the aftershave as a present to future boyfriend and save up money for more important things:D
    oh and did ya get those pills for hangover?:D pretty hilarious when put together in the combination with a condom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Had orientation today. Had a good time and got all the subjects I wanted.

Some handy freebies like the Hot Press magazine, lollipops, condom, pens and vouchers :D And I can't forget the hangover pills. I took one that day - it really dries you out. Drank about 2 litres of water in an hour!

Yeah.I had to pay 1650 + 4400 tuition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Larkin501 wrote: »
    Some handy freebies like the Hot Press magazine, lollipops, condom, pens and vouchers :D And I can't forget the hangover pills. I took one that day - it really dries you out. Drank about 2 litres of water in an hour!

unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

unreal!!

Those hangover pills dont work. I took them one night when i was going to a house party and thought shur its grand i took hangover pills i can try and drink as much as humanly possible. The next morning i woke up with a hangover of epic proportions:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

Whatever you do don't confuse them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

deisedude wrote: »
    Those hangover pills dont work. I took them one night when i was going to a house party and thought shur its grand i took hangover pills i can try and drink as much as humanly possible. The next morning i woke up with a hangover of epic proportions:(

thanks for the tip..at least now i can be expecting the epic hangover rather then thinking ill be fine:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jonny ambition

Flash88 wrote: »
    Anyone here starting first year this year already having done 3rd level before?? You have to pay an extra 5500(ish) euro in fees!

Yea I've got a 7000 euro bill for my troubles of going back to college. Did a course when I was fresh outta the womb of secondary school 4 years ago in CIT. Hated it and dropped out after a few months. Didn't think much of it at the time until January this year. Gutting.

Anyway I've orientation on Friday. I'm still waiting on a loan to be OK'd by bank so at the moment I have no money to pay for registration. What should I do? The banks reckon it'll be another 3 weeks before anything gets to me. :confused:

Advertisement