Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age were you when you moved out?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

18/19 went home the odd weekend and then that was it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    can we all stop saying "mammy" please? Stupid culchies...

die Mutter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

narwog81 wrote: »
    die Mutter?

ja das geht auch

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    can we all stop saying "mammy" please? Stupid culchies...

Have we been taken over by Britain again? Sorry Mumsie.

21 for me the first time I moved out as I was doing a year's work experience in another city. Moved back home for a year, then moved back out for good at 23.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

18 when I moved in with the lads and we had a cracking few years moving about and partying , bought a house then at 21...now it's even better because no one can give out to me when we party!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

23, but still see mammy a good bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

17 but spent a couple of years coming home 2 weekends a month or so. Moved to england at 20 so no more raiding the mammy's fridge from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

21 and moving out for the first time this weekend.

However moving out to an apartment about a ten minute walk from home, more like a half way house :pac:

Lived at home all through college, then moved to london for a year at 22 but lived with my aunt for the free rent. Then moved back home last august and lived at home for 6 months and now live away again doing a phD.

I go home almost every weekend though and all my washing etc is done at home. I usually only bring enough stuff with me for the week and bar my tv and radio all my stuff is still in my room at home. So in reality I suppose I'm not fully moved out. I'm 24 btw.

I think I can safely say if I had got a job/course locally I would still be living at home. I hate cooking for myself and wasting over 300 euro a month on rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

I was forcibly ejected at 18 ... best thing that ever happened to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

After The Leaving Cert.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gadfly

18. I've told my own gang they have to vacate by the time they are 21. My brothers stayed at home until they were in their late 30's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I was a very good girl, but it wasn't appreciated by my parents, so eventually they pissed me off enough that one day I packed a bag and moved in with my boyfriend's family (as we were both very very broke).

Was 19 then, have barely spoken to my side of the family since...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

14 left school and moved out got a job, and made o go of it, and it worked, no papers to my name and im a success

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

17, althoughhad to go back again for 3/4 months that same year due to trouble at my rented accom but moved out again as soon as i had the cash to get somewhere else.

my mother and i do not get along well under the same roof :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Moved out at 23, ended up having to move back home a year later when I decided to finish my degree. Looks like I'm going to be here for another year while I do my masters :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

14 left school and moved out got a job, and made o go of it, and it worked, no papers to my name and im a success
    Good on ya mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

It turned out that the bins didn't mysteriously take themselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

18 when i left for college. Did 5 years returning for summer months. Finished college. Thought about what to do for a few months.. came to Oz few months ago, and already thinking about going home.. It isn't all that and a bag of chips as it turns out..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ozzirt

15.... Joined the Royal Australian Navy.

Advertisement