Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was Just In Lidl.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Latchy wrote: »
    I like to collect the club card points when shopping there .

Hey if you like your shopping habits to be sold on to third parties so they can perform some direct marketing on you, then that's up to you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

A lot of cheaper items in tesco or aldi etc especially breads, yoghurts and cakes have terrible ingreadients in them ....

Aldi/Lidl cheap food is not so bad.

Tesco cheap food, value brand, is mank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I prefer tesco over lidl now. I'd only go to lidl for beer or fruit and veg. Tesco has massively lowered their prices and about time.

Yeah, but the don't deserve my custom anymore regardless of their new prices. They RAPED and GOUGED us all for years - you have a short memory Jaffa!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Hey if you like your shopping habits to be sold on to third parties so they can perform some direct marketing on you, then that's up to you :pac:

I've had a Clubcard for nearly 10 years, and never ever has anyone performed direct marketing on me - how often has it happened to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Yeah, but the don't deserve my custom anymore regardless of their new prices. They RAPED and GOUGED us all for years - you have a short memory Jaffa!:rolleyes:

Wow rape at Tesco - defo a change for good!!!

*grabs mac and runs for shop*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Just ate an entire punnet of grapes from aldi. Only 59c though, cheaper than a bag of crisps. I can really see why Caesar had those grape-doling people. Would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

35notout wrote: »
    Wow rape at Tesco - defo a change for good!!!

*grabs mac and runs for shop*

you need to get out more.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Cashing in on the club points outweigh any worries about being contacted by direct marketing companys .
    I just dont fill in those shopping survey forms anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Just ate an entire punnet of grapes from aldi. Only 59c though, cheaper than a bag of crisps. I can really see why Caesar had those grape-doling people. Would be great.

Beware the Ides of March:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

I have to split my shopping between lidl and Super Valu most weeks.

My trolly in Lidl makes us look like a family of processed food eating, obese, spotty idiots who know feck all about food and exist of crisps and ice lollies

My trolly in SV makes us look like weave your own yogurt, health food eating freaks (and this isn't in my head... several checkout assistants have commented on the freakishly healthy nature of my shopping)

Most weeks i feel like i have a spilit personality, it's only the weeks i do all my shopping at Tesco that i feel calm and normal. And now that they've dropped their prices i do all my shopping there now, better quality than my Lidl, better choice than SV and clubcard points that i can put towards my OU course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Beware the Ides of March:eek:

If I die halfway through March 2010, everybody on boards is a witness as to whodunnit. Ejmaztec!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I dont take the whole club card thing serious but still , it;s nice to know that the previous months shopping has earned you anything between £5/20 or more ....off your next shopping /air miles .Not like you have to think about it much .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

PinkTulips wrote: »
    My trolly in SV makes us look like weave your own yogurt, health food eating freaks (and this isn't in my head... several checkout assistants have commented on the freakishly healthy nature of my shopping)

Tell the shop assistants to keep their opinions to themselves!

If they were commenting on people buying junk food it wouldn't be acceptable and it ain't acceptable to do it to you even if you buy healthy food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Abigayle wrote: »
    What pisses me off about Lidl is there are no baskets. I don't want a big fcuk off trolley thank you, and I don't want to carry around my 5 or 6 items in a box either.

They cut down on convential things like baskets, so your shopping is cheaper. You know this, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

PinkTulips wrote: »
    I have to split my shopping between lidl and Super Valu most weeks.

My trolly in Lidl makes us look like a family of processed food eating, obese, spotty idiots who know feck all about food and exist of crisps and ice lollies

Most weeks i feel like i have a spilit personality, it's only the weeks i do all my shopping at Tesco that i feel calm and normal. And now that they've dropped their prices i do all my shopping there now, better quality than my Lidl, better choice than SV and clubcard points that i can put towards my OU course.

Mine is the opposite! Buy all my healthy stuff in Lidl and my processed stuff in Tesco/Dunnes/Supervalu. No one's ever commented on my basket though! I'm raging. I'm gonna buy bean sprouts the next time. And watercress.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I grew fond of Lidl while I was living in Barcelona. I haven't really shopped there since I got back though. I'm moving to Salamanca tomorrow so maybe I'll start shopping there again.

I hope they still have those themed weeks. American week was my favourite. It was the only time I was able to find cheap peanut butter in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Someone's still rippin' us off!

Their Kentucky/Tennessee sour mash bourbon is 20quid here and about £7 in the UK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    Apparently. I shop once a week/5days and every time I go to Tesco I pay well over a 100e. If I go to Lidl (for a change) I don't go above 70e for buying usually the same stuff.

Magic?

:eek:
    Are you buying for just yourself ?
    I buy for 2-3 weeks rather than going every week and would spend about 60 in tescos, including some extra junk like a readymeal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Abigayle wrote: »
    You need to be a giant eastern european weightlifter to push the damn thing! Or at least taller than me... I cant see over the push bar :(
    Ha ha - you're so sweet.:pac: x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I prefer tesco over lidl now. I'd only go to lidl for beer or fruit and veg. Tesco has massively lowered their prices and about time.
    Not in Dundrum they have'nt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

phasers wrote: »
    Has anyone tried those "tiger" loaves in Tesco? They're these big loaves of proper crunchy bread and they're only a euro. I just had some there, it was still warm and all.

Savage.

Gorgeous straight out of the oven with a bit of Kerrygold, though Sainsburys do a nicer one.

Find Aldi do more brands than Lidl.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Spare a thought for us poor fools down under the cheapest bread loaf in woolies was $3.00 (today)

I Love visiting Lidl in Oz reminds me of home! just plug in the earphones and ignore the friggin accents! ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

bluewolf wrote: »
    :eek:
    Are you buying for just yourself ?
    I buy for 2-3 weeks rather than going every week and would spend about 60 in tescos, including some extra junk like a readymeal
    60 quid for 3 weeks? :eek:

my family spend over 300 a week on shopping!

That's 50 quid per week per person... What do you live on, bread? €20 for veg, fruit, meat, bread, cereals plus extras?

fair play though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

They cut down on convential things like baskets, so your shopping is cheaper. You know this, right?

Its news to me. I was of the belief that they would only supply giant trolleys so we would buy more, and that they could afford to be cheaper because their food is imported.

60 quid for 3 weeks? :eek:

my family spend over 300 a week on shopping!

That's 50 quid per week per person... What do you live on, bread? €20 for veg, fruit, meat, bread, cereals plus extras?

fair play though

Might considering going veggie, fecking meat is so expensive now. Couldn't do it though!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

K-9 wrote: »
    Might considering going veggie, fecking meat is so expensive now. Couldn't do it though!
    I was thinking about that too, my family have very high standards for their meat so we wind up paying crazy money for a good piece of beef. I'd just miss it too much though

I was thinking about that too, my family have very high standards for their meat so we wind up paying crazy money for a good piece of beef. I'd just miss it too much though

I'd give up the booze first!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

LIDL and ALDI are great and I use em all the time. But beware their tech special offers are not always that good a deal. They have a 22" monitor atm for 179 quid but if you look at Elara or Komplett you can get the same size in a named brand for 20 quid less. Always pays to shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

Has anyone tried those "tiger" loaves in Tesco? They're these big loaves of proper crunchy bread and they're only a euro. I just had some there, it was still warm and all.

Savage.

so many of us have failed to detect Tesco's dig at Irish people with

'Tiger loaves, and have purchased them without pausing to think

about that product's name.

The sale of this timed with the collapse of the so-called 'Celtic Tiger', and

now we are offered humble pie from Britain in the form of cleverly named cut price bread, haw haw!

I did not buy one - I found it to be an intentional affront:pac:.

So poster, have you enjoyed your Tiger loaf with lashings of Free Cheese??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

have you been typing that for 2 years?

Advertisement