Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was Just In Lidl.

Options
  • 22-08-2009 3:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Never seen the likes of it before and i go there all the time, the place was Jammed you could barely walk around with all the trolleys there, all 6 checkouts were open and in all six of them the lineup was going all the way down the Aisles:eek: people had full trolleys of food, the car park was Jammed as well with plenty of BMW'S and SUV'S, it looks like people are finally getting some sense and not shopping in Tesco or Dunnes anymore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i get a loaf of bread for 70 cent....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My local lidl has always been packed, but usually there's only one or two tills open :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

It was prob full of people from the zombie forum stockpiling for Z-day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

79c for punnets of peaches, nectarines and plums. I could have bought them all except obviously I'd never get them eaten. I remember there was a time a punnet of the likes would cost you nearly 4e. It pays to shop around. However I do know a few people who are still snobbish towards the likes of LIdl, Aldi etc..Get over it!

25c for your own illegally trafficked hooker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

phasers wrote: »
    My local lidl has always been packed, but usually there's only one or two tills open :mad:

Same here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I mean look at this weeks specials, why would anyone shope anywhere else: http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.wfo.Index

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

What pisses me off about Lidl is there are no baskets. I don't want a big fcuk off trolley thank you, and I don't want to carry around my 5 or 6 items in a box either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Abigayle wrote: »
    What pisses me off about Lidl is there are no baskets. I don't want a big fcuk off trolley thank you, and I don't want to carry around my 5 or 6 items in a box.
    Ah see you have to be a giant eastern european weightlifter if you dont want a trolley.

• Advertisement

Dean09 wrote: »
    Ah see you have to be a giant eastern european weightlifter if you dont want a trolley.

You need to be a giant eastern european weightlifter to push the damn thing! Or at least taller than me... I cant see over the push bar :(

Use your bag, they don't mind in lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I prefer tesco over lidl now. I'd only go to lidl for beer or fruit and veg. Tesco has massively lowered their prices and about time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Do all my shopping in Spar/Centra! Can afford to - no kids, no car, don't smoke, don't drink, and a safe job.

Tesco have stopped selling boxes of Bachelors Marrowfat peas, what's up with that?

Nolanger wrote: »
    Do all my shopping in Spar/Centra! Can afford to - no kids, no car, don't smoke, don't drink, and a safe job.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Abigayle wrote: »
    You need to be a giant eastern european weightlifter to push the damn thing! Or at least taller than me... I cant see over the push bar :(

They sometimes sell cheap ladders, but I've never seen any stilts.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I brushed my teeth this morning.
    Usually I do them after breakfast.
    But today I did them before breakfast.
    I thought it would make the food taste different but it didn't really.

Nolanger wrote: »

Living on the wild side eh?

phasers wrote: »
    Use your bag, they don't mind in lidl

I've seen people doing this. Can't say I'm keen on the idea though... I'd feel like I was stealing :o

I'd buy some fruit and veg in Lidl. But as Jaffa20 said, Tesco have dropped their prices a lot, so I shop there mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I prefer tesco over lidl now. I'd only go to lidl for beer or fruit and veg. Tesco has massively lowered their prices and about time.

Yeah, but Tesco have taken most of the Irish made goods off their shelves and are importing English sh1te now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Lidl is no busier than it has been for the last few years. Mine has always been busy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'm a major carnivore. Not a big fan of the selection of meat they have there. Every time I go in I end up buying an air mattress or some new screw drivers or something handy like that (and they're always a bargain) but I wouldn't do much food shopping there. Their electronics seem to be pretty good quality too. I don't like to eat processed food so most of the bargains are lost on me. They have some good free range meats though that are very cheap and the sandwich fillers are decent.

Yeah, but Tesco have taken most of the Irish made goods off their shelves and are importing English sh1te now.

Times must be hard if people are eating anybody's sh1te.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I'd say the no basket thing is deliberate. That you'll go in there and figure since you're going to be stuck behind someone with a big trolley of stuff while you've just got about 3 things, you might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb and buy more stuff. I like Aldi better than Lidl - I think they've got more variety and some of their stuff is better quality - but you can't fault either of them on most of what they sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i like lidl etc.... but i just dont buy meat from the butcher in store....bad experience...

local bucher has good deals on is another reason.... 4 euro for a chicken, stuffing, bag of potatoes, and bag of carrots...all local stuff and fairtrade or whatever you call it...:confused:

edit:oorganic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I admit I was quite snobby about shopping there myself when they first arrived (about six/seven years ago?). I had a good laugh at the cheapo brands, like instead of ''Wash and Go'' shampoo they had ''Wash and Leave''.:D

But you can't fault the prices, and the sweets, crisps, chocolate and booze are all good quality and cheap.

I usually buy snackage there, as you can see. If I was living out of my parents' home, I'd probably buy all my groceries here. I still laugh at how you can find snorkelling equipment next to the frozen peas though. :pac:

Mousey- wrote: »
    i like lidl etc.... but i just dont buy meat from the butcher in store....bad experience...

local bucher has good deals on is another reason.... 4 euro for a chicken, stuffing, bag of potatoes, and bag of carrots...all local stuff and fairtrade or whatever you call it...:confused:

edit:oorganic

4 euro for a chicken, stuffing and bag of spuds and carrots? where is this Butcher you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Mousey- wrote: »
    i get a loaf of bread for 70 cent....

Its only 50c in tesco! :D

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried those "tiger" loaves in Tesco? They're these big loaves of proper crunchy bread and they're only a euro. I just had some there, it was still warm and all.

Savage.

Advertisement