Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you do anything about Climate Change

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

aDeener wrote: »
    iv considered cutting back on my farting, but then what about spontaneous combustion??:pac:

I'm pretty sure there is no correlation between farting and spontaneous combustion ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

DigiGal wrote: »
    Smart arse replies aside for a moment(unless they are duurrty jokes)

Does anyone still care about his or is it just sort of fprgotten about.
    I'm not trying to be Bono here or anything(self-righteous fool, blah bla blah the poor but I'll ignore the homeless guys sitting behind my hotel)

But do you turn of your lights or you t.v etc.
    The world will be warming up by 2 degrees by 2012 which is going to have some pretty bad consequences(we can already see the effects of this now)
    Irelands carbon emmissions have actually gone UP since we signed the Kyoto agreement which is subjecting us to all sorts of fines....and Obama so far hasn't done any of his wonerful energy saving initatives, then i read in the Irish Times today that Airtricity aren't green at all!

So whats the story, are we just gonna keep killing the planet or what?

No conspiracies here please.....

I did my bit for the planet and bought an umbrella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Nolanger wrote: »
    It's just another rung in the ladder of environmental 'causes' that people fill their sad lives with - greenhouse effect -> ozone layer -> global warming -> climate change -> the next big thing!
    I had to add to your post.

greenhouse effect -> ozone layer ->Y2k Bug -> WWW -> global warming -> George W Bush -> Brian Cowan -> World Climate will now changed -> the next big thing!

y2k Bug & WWW -> caused extra emmisions for extra purchase of extra powerful energy hungry computers.
    George W Bush -> His Wars and his denials of Global Warming added to Climate change.
    Brian Cowan -> added his fair share of hot air and furious attitude just tipped the scales!! His idea of Green is Republican.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

RobD_ wrote: »
    people seem to be forgetting that countries , continents and Ireland are Islands.. yes ? We are currently floating on water (sea) , if you dig as far as you can into ireland underground, you will find water.

were floating :)

if sea level rise... we rise :p
    Best laughable post, that I have read all week. Thank you. Just like the 5 years old comments, So innocent.

Advertisement