Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

SamHall wrote: »
    It can be installed alright. But I can confirm it can only be used on one at a time. It requires a text message pin code to enable activation.

Yup. It takes a bit longer as well because you need to leave the app waiting for the text which it wont get and then it asks for the code from the text. It will disable the other instance of whatsapp on your other device.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

Can anyone suggest a good app to record both sides of a phone conversation on my HTC one x
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder I've used this one for months and it has worked perfectly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

SamHall wrote: »
    It can be installed alright. But I can confirm it can only be used on one at a time. It requires a text message pin code to enable activation.

I'm swapping between phones a lot, I must check the charge for these texts! My HTC seems to never reverify but the BlackBerry always does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Howlin1 wrote: »
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder I've used this one for months and it has worked perfectly for me.

Not for love nor money can I get that to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

I just had to install it and it worked straight away. What way doesn't it work for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Howlin1 wrote: »
    I just had to install it and it worked straight away. What way doesn't it work for you?

Installed it, set it up, it says recording, but when I go to play back the file, there's no audio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Transport app for Dublin Bus, Trains, LUAS and Dublin Bikes.

GetAround

*Full disclosure. This is one of mine! ;)
    (Its only new so expect the odd bug/missing feature)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Transport app for Dublin Bus, Trains, LUAS and Dublin Bikes.

GetAround

*Full disclosure. This is one of mine! ;)
    (Its only new so expect the odd bug/missing feature)

just installed this, when I am have selected a stop and change the orientation of my screen i get the "downloading stop data" popup. Only a small thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Good catch. It redraws the screen and re-downloads the data. This only takes a second for most screens, but the Dublin Bus server they have is fairly slow, so can be annoying.

I'll see what I can do for the next release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭corkie

10 free apps today on the amazon app store.

Angry Birds (Ad-Free) - regularly $0.99
    Drawing Pad - regularly $1.99
    PAC-MAN HD (Kindle Tablet Ed.) - regularly $2.99
    World of Goo - regularly $2.99
    SwiftKey - regularly $3.99
    CalenGoo - regularly $5.99
    Sprinkle - regularly $1.99
    Paper Camera - regularly $1.99
    Jamie's 20 Minute Meals - regularly $7.69
    Shazam Encore - regularly $4.99

Found out about it on Android Central

And here is the link to the apps on amazon.co.uk

Haven't seen anything I need/want but I thought others might.

Regards
    John

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Checking out the amazon app store now so. If i 'purchase' an app, i.e. one of days free ones, do i have to download it today? Getting cat 2G reception from o2 the last few hours. Painful.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Checking out the amazon app store now so. If i 'purchase' an app, i.e. one of days free ones, do i have to download it today? Getting cat 2G reception from o2 the last few hours. Painful.

If you purchase it through the web page, you don't have to download today. It will be in the cloud and be available to you forever (I think).

What app are you getting?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

corkie wrote: »
    If you purchase it through the web page, you don't have to download today. It will be in the cloud and be available to you forever (I think).

What app are you getting?

Angry Birds! :P Maybe world of goo as well. Don't really play games on my s3, had angry birds ages ago but the idea of it ad free now is appealing. I've swiftkey paid for a long time ago. Must have a good look through the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Someone posted an app that can be used to sync game data between devices and I can't for the life of me find it anywhere, been reading threads for ages and no sign of it.

So would anyone happen to know the name of the app or a similar app I can use. Basically I want to be able to play a game on my Nexus 4 then when I pick up my Nexus 7 be able to continue from where I left off. Or at least have most of the game data/saves?

Thanks in advance :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Someone posted an app that can be used to sync game data between devices and I can't for the life of me find it anywhere, been reading threads for ages and no sign of it.

So would anyone happen to know the name of the app or a similar app I can use. Basically I want to be able to play a game on my Nexus 4 then when I pick up my Nexus 7 be able to continue from where I left off. Or at least have most of the game data/saves?

Thanks in advance :-)

I think play games does this.

I think play games does this.

I took a look at that but I can't seem to find a way to sync my data. From looking at play games it's up to the developers to implement syncing. The particular game I'm playing at the minute is hungry shark evo and it's listed under play games because I've logged into the game using Google+ but it's not got any sync data.

This app that was posted is a generic sync app, as far as I can see. That will take any app data and sync it between devices. I might just email the hungry shark guys and get them to implement it :-P

I took a look at that but I can't seem to find a way to sync my data. From looking at play games it's up to the developers to implement syncing. The particular game I'm playing at the minute is hungry shark evo and it's listed under play games because I've logged into the game using Google+ but it's not got any sync data.

This app that was posted is a generic sync app, as far as I can see. That will take any app data and sync it between devices. I might just email the hungry shark guys and get them to implement it :-P

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quintstoffers.DataSync

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If you are rooted, Titanium backup will do this. But its a little manual.

That looks like the job, thanks! I didn't realise it was a rooted app though :-(

Thanks for all the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Not sure if it has already been mentioned but the official RTE player app is now in the play store. Looks pretty good as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

How does one get the free daily app on Amazon? It appears to be confined to US customers?

seligehgit wrote: »
    How does one get the free daily app on Amazon? It appears to be confined to US customers?

Make sure you have downloaded the app from the uk site here.

Once you have that installed you should be able to get any free app from either the UK or US promotions.

What happened to Key lime pie?

The next android os is to be called KitKat.
    god's toy wrote: »
    me think its a prono of sorts, not version 5 like most people are waiting on.
    It's for version 4.4 but that still means version 5 won't be called Key Lime Pie either.

Parody of apple for Android KitKat 4.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKOrkLxOBoY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

me think its a prono of sorts, not version 5 like most people are waiting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Key Lime Pie is dead. Bit of background.

Warning: SuperSU updated to v1.60

If you install the update through the playstore and your on android 4.3, you will need to reroute your device and flash the supersu zip again for this update to work properly.

See https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/g7QLvzrxN9f

BBC iPlayer For Android Updated To Version 2.0, Debuts Video Downloads And Android 4.3 Support -- AndroidPolice link.

You will need a uk based VPN to download (and use these here) from the Appstore + The media player has also been update. Manually required update on both.

Apptoide doesn't have the updated version yet.

Regards

John

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thanks for that John but tried using Hola and Tunnelbear as a VPN to hide my location but Google Play still says I am not in the UK, could you advise me as to what I need to do as I'm anxious to update my iplayer so I can avail of the downloads option?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I just connected to BestUKVPN and loaded the Playstore, then I manually found the apps in the list of all apps and pressed update. The store still thought I was in Ireland but still allowed me to update the apps.

If that doesn't work use the link below that Captain Morgan provided.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement