Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

TuneIn Radio Pro is free today on the Amazon.co.uk appstore.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004XDYJRU/ref=mas_ya

Great app for free, got it for 10c a while back on playstore....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

TuneIn Radio Pro is free today on the Amazon.co.uk appstore.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004XDYJRU/ref=mas_ya

my Amazon account is. com is there any way i can change it to get this app.?please anyone know how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

crazygeryy wrote: »
    my Amazon account is. com is there any way i can change it to get this app.?please anyone know how?

"purchase" it on the co.uk website and it will be available to download from your app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

"purchase" it on the co.uk website and it will be available to download from your app

thank you that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭corkie

crazygeryy wrote: »

Mine use to be the .com store as well, but i was on the UK website and an option came up to switch my account to that.

Make sure you have the uk version of the app store downloaded from here

Checkers is available on the US store

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Brianrh

I think I saw a mention of the Cerberus app in this thread. If you use this app you may want to read this:
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/08/17/serious-security-hole-discovered-in-cerberus-anti-theft-gives-attackers-near-total-access-to-your-phone-fix-in-the-works/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Switched to Google Play All Access the other day. Its not really all access. Some albums from Google play store don't seem to be available on it.

Though i switched for the sheer reason that the subscription will come out from my unused three credit. Its also a bit cheaper at the moment.

Let's see how long it takes for me to go back to spotify. Spotify definitely has an easier to navigate and more pleasant UI. The Google music app seems to be a bit of a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

12 of the best calendar apps available for your Android smartphone today http://drippler.com/updates/share/12-best-calendar-apps-available-your-android-smartphone-today-1 Via j.mp/

Which calendar app is best came up here a while back, and I just found this article for anyone shopping around

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Any apps out there that can turn off the device after x minutes or hours of inactivity? Prefer to set once and forget. This is not for a phone or tablet but a TV connected android device.

I want to be able to play a video [MX/VLC/XBMC/Netflix] when in bed so that videos don't play all night long and wake me up. So app has to be video player independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mrmanunited

RangeR wrote: »
    Any apps out there that can turn off the device after x minutes or hours of inactivity? Prefer to set once and forget. This is not for a phone or tablet but a TV connected android device.

I want to be able to play a video [MX/VLC/XBMC/Netflix] when in bed so that videos don't play all night long and wake me up. So app has to be video player independent.

Have you tried tasker? not sure if it can check for inactivity, but can defo do something around the time
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

• Advertisement

I have Tasker. It has an insanely higher learning curve that I can justify.

And time can fluctuate. So, I don't want the device to turn off at midnight or 1am, as I may still be awake watching stuff. The preference is definately inactivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

How many of us have got tasker but never figured it out? The only thing I could get it to do was launch spotify when I plugged in my earphones.

EGriff wrote: »
    How many of us have got tasker but never figured it out? The only thing I could get it to do was launch spotify when I plugged in my earphones.

I never figure it out. Then again I never dedicated a lot of time to learning how to use it

AutomateIt is an easier app to learn, and it does pretty much the exact same thing as Tasker. I had both, but got rid of Tasker in favour of AutomateIt. Works even better if you have a rooted device.

AutomateIt is an easier app to learn, and it does pretty much the exact same thing as Tasker. I had both, but got rid of Tasker in favour of AutomateIt. Works even better if you have a rooted device.

Heard about it before. Only tried it now. It's way simpler. Guess I'll be at this all evening now..

This on...this off :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I have Tasker. It has an insanely higher learning curve that I can justify.

And time can fluctuate. So, I don't want the device to turn off at midnight or 1am, as I may still be awake watching stuff. The preference is definately inactivity.

you probably know already but would the TV it self not do what you want?

all the ones i've do it, is that not on all TV's now?

Doesn't do inactivity count.
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    you probably know already but would the TV it self not do what you want?

all the ones i've do it, is that not on all TV's now?

Unfortunately not. It's a computer monitor. Limited menu and no remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Unfortunately not. It's a computer monitor. Limited menu and no remote.

right.

maybe your best option would be one that does it on time but gives a warning/option like TV's do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I bought it on some special offer and had a look at it. I've never set it up because the length of time needed to set up a task far exceeds the time you're going to save. I mean, how long does it take to turn on your wifi ffs?

• Advertisement

I bought it on some special offer and had a look at it. I've never set it up because the length of time needed to set up a task far exceeds the time you're going to save. I mean, how long does it take to turn on your wifi ffs?

I know Tasker doesnt suit everyone and it can be tricky, but I followed these videos and it got me started and got loads of profiles running off my phone now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEhnOJl5mTo&list=TLIibLv1fKz88

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I have a small tablet mounted on the wall that controls my central heating using tasker which syncs with my google calendar to know when the heating should be on.

http://www.chet.ie/?p=178

I know Tasker doesnt suit everyone and it can be tricky, but I followed these videos and it got me started and got loads of profiles running off my phone now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEhnOJl5mTo&list=TLIibLv1fKz88

Did you read my post? It's not "tricky". It's time consuming.

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I have a small tablet mounted on the wall that controls my central heating using tasker which syncs with my google calendar to know when the heating should be on.

Can I have your brain?

Chet T16 wrote: »

When do your plans for world domination go into effect?

Did you read my post? It's not "tricky". It's time consuming.

Ahh cool, a few other people were saying they were struggling to figure it out, so I guess the link to the video was me just trying to help the community...

Ahh cool, a few other people were saying they were struggling to figure it out, so I guess the link to the video was me just trying to help the community...

Nah. I set up a few profiles on an older phone but realised afterwards that it would take me years to make up the time I spent setting them up with the time saved by the profiles...if you follow!

Doesn't do inactivity count.

No, but one option might be the battery level trigger. For example, you can set it to power off if the level drops below a certain amount, and set something like a shake as the cancellation. That way, if you're still awake and see the trigger going off, just give the phone a shake and it'll stay on. There are other ways to cancel if a device shake isn't an option.

No, but one option might be the battery level trigger. For example, you can set it to power off if the level drops below a certain amount, and set something like a shake as the cancellation. That way, if you're still awake and see the trigger going off, just give the phone a shake and it'll stay on. There are other ways to cancel if a device shake isn't an option.

It's not a phone nor tablet. There is no battery. It's an AC TV STB running Android.

• Advertisement

It's not a phone nor tablet. There is no battery. It's an AC TV STB running Android.

Apologies, I misread your post, I thought you had a device hooked up to the monitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement