Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Ste- wrote: »

Just tried Emit it and well impressed so far! Struggles but plays 1080p from the laptop and plays 720p KMV files perfectly from the laptop :-) (all on Galaxy S3)

Results are not as good at all at all on the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.....any video I select it tries to start then the application hangs each and every time :-(

Looks like this is the one I will be using, at least on the Galaxy S3! But I really want a player that can stream to the Tab more to be honest!!

Is the tab just at home for streaming via wifi ?
    If so use the ES file explorer method, shouldn't fail.

Is the tab just at home for streaming via wifi ?
    If so use the ES file explorer method, shouldn't fail.

Will try mate. So with the ES File Explorer method do I just create a normal shared folder on my PC with the videos\files in it? How do I then get the ES File Explorer to see that shared folder or should it just show up within the app???

How about file permissions and user access etc.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭SteM

Not had a chance to look at the rest of the thread but have you tried polkast for media streaming?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

madmoe wrote: »
    Will try mate. So with the ES File Explorer method do I just create a normal shared folder on my PC with the videos\files in it? How do I then get the ES File Explorer to see that shared folder or should it just show up within the app???

How about file permissions and user access etc.

A pictures worth a thousand words. Open EStrongs. Go into LAN. Choose New and type in the details of your share.

A pictures worth a thousand words. Open EStrongs. Go into LAN. Choose New and type in the details of your share.

You can also set it to scan your network so no need to remember IP address or anything.

You can also set it to scan your network so no need to remember IP address or anything.

Done this last night with the GS3 and my PC and worked flawlessly!! Have to say by far the best solution so far and great performance with 720p content and MP4!! Now to test it on the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1!!

Cheers lads,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Done this last night with the GS3 and my PC and worked flawlessly!! Have to say by far the best solution so far and great performance with 720p content and MP4!! Now to test it on the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1!!

Cheers lads,
    M

Tis the simplest but not the best to show off for eye candy.
    Just folder view by icon or list.
    XMBC is the way to go for eye candy imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

When I scan my network, it finds the IP of my laptop but can't log in. I don't have any password set for laptop. Even when I type the username also it fails.

Also, do you just right click on a folder you want to share and 'share with homegroup' to share a folder with ES?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

AntiRip wrote: »
    When I scan my network, it finds the IP of my laptop but can't log in. I don't have any password set for laptop. Even when I type the username also it fails.

Also, do you just right click on a folder you want to share and 'share with homegroup' to share a folder with ES?

There's most likely your problem. Windows shares work better with a password. Add a password to your account

Also, forget about homegroups, this is only for windows. Just right click on the folder and click, properties-->sharing-->advanced sharing and enable it and give it a name

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    There's most likely your problem. Windows shares work better with a password. Add a password to your account

Also, forget about homegroups, this is only for windows. Just right click on the folder and click, properties-->sharing-->advanced sharing and enable it and give it a name

+1
    Exactly how I do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I've been using ES File Explorer for streaming to my phone and it's excellent. Haven't tried it with the Nexus 7 yet, but I'll be surprised if there's any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

hey all, all this talk to streaming is getting to me.

I have the router that came with Eircom and for the life of me I can't get streaming to work on any of my devices. Does anyone have upnp working on the Eircom zyxel router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

PogMoThoin wrote: »

Thanks PogMoThoin. Homegroups don't work for me anyway with utvinternet's router. WIll try what you suggested.

Update
    Works great now. You can also do the exact same in BSPlayer and it works great also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I just got Netflix for my Arnova 10bG3 but it wont load. Is this a flash issue or does anybody know of any clone based apps that work off the Netflix system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Any one know of any good soccer score widgets, I have the barclays app and sky sports app currently but I haven't been able to find a widget which will show the latest goal scored for example.

Quick update guys! I tried the ES File Explorer method with the Tab 2 10.1 last night and sure enough all played perfectly once again! I was able to stream 720p content without a hitch!

Cheers to OP who suggested it.....this is the way I am gonna go form now on, just so simple and easy and works amazing!!

Thanks,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Any one know of any good soccer score widgets, I have the barclays app and sky sports app currently but I haven't been able to find a widget which will show the latest goal scored for example.

I use livescore, works for me pretty well.

Edit: Just noticed you're looking for a widget, nevermind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I'm not sure if there has been a discussion in this thread about apps that allow you to send texts from a PC through your phone but MightyText does the job nicely. It uses an app on the phone and a browser extension on the PC along with a Google account to sync contacts and texts from your phone. The browser extension gives you a front-end that's very similar to the Android text messenger app.

Handy for me because I can usually only get a signal in one room in the entire house and I can keep all communications going from the PC.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if there has been a discussion in this thread about apps that allow you to send texts from a PC through your phone but MightyText does the job nicely. It uses an app on the phone and a browser extension on the PC along with a Google account to sync contacts and texts from your phone. The browser extension gives you a front-end that's very similar to the Android text messenger app.

Handy for me because I can usually only get a signal in one room in the entire house and I can keep all communications going from the PC.
    Does Cabbage Not Do The Same Thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Cabbage uses your webtexts, mightytext actually sends the messages through your phone, and you can receive messages in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Airdroid covers that as well doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Looking for some kids games please- for a2.5 year old boy (loves Broom Broom app) and 5 year old girl who loves girl things and colouring
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Does anybody know an app which will allow my phone to be completely silent throughout the night except for certain numbers. I've missed out on a bit of work recently because the phone was on silent. I'd like to allow it to ring for one or two numbers only

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Slunk wrote: »
    Does anybody know an app which will allow my phone to be completely silent throughout the night except for certain numbers. I've missed out on a bit of work recently because the phone was on silent. I'd like to allow it to ring for one or two numbers only

not used it myself but Quiet Sleep allows oyu to whitelist important numbers and silence the rest

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=akostaapps.quietsleep.free&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Reg'stoy wrote: »

I use FotMob. Simple enough to use. Never had any issues with it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilefootie.wc2010&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Slunk wrote: »

Maybe check out llama? Haven't used it myself yet but I think someone on this forum was singing its praises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

looder wrote: »
    As a Waterford man I'm not a fan of hurling but ill beat 7 haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement