Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Craigels wrote: »
    100 floors it's very addictive you will be stuck to it for hours a must download!

Agreed...

Well worth a download..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Greetings!

I'm looking for an app that'd track, clear and disable my phone remotely should it fall into the wrong hands, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

jenizzle wrote: »
    Greetings!

I'm looking for an app that'd track, clear and disable my phone remotely should it fall into the wrong hands, any recommendations?

Where's my Droid https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alienmanfc6.wheresmyandroid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hbGllbm1hbmZjNi53aGVyZXNteWFuZHJvaWQiXQ..

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Greetings!

I think, not sure, that AVast security can do that if you are rooted. Its a nice enough app anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Cerebus is another option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dabl

polaris68 wrote: »
    Cerberus is an incredibly well designed app, designed by one Italian and operating off servers in the States. You have to be careful about something that has so much power though. I stopped using it when the app included root request for taking screenshots which I felt was unnecessary given his lack of transparency. more trouble than its worth. i mean what good is a screenshot, so you can verify your man's high scores? if you run it be sure to permanently decline the root request.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

polaris68 wrote: »
    dabl wrote: »
    Cerberus is an incredibly well designed app, designed by one Italian and operating off servers in the States. You have to be careful about something that has so much power though. I stopped using it when the app included root request for taking screenshots which I felt was unnecessary given his lack of transparency. more trouble than its worth. i mean what good is a screenshot, so you can verify your man's high scores? if you run it be sure to permanently decline the root request.

Cerberus caused havoc for me before so I cant recommend it. The trial licence ran out so it took over the text service, spammed a family members number(one of the ones I'd listed at setup) without telling me it was doing so, and at the same time preventing my phone from sending any texts(well, if there were pending messages it would send one during a reboot then stop again). Took me a few hours of major confusion and messing with SMSC etc to finally fix it. So yeah, f@ck cerberus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Greetings!

prey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

ShaneU wrote: »
    No it doesn't

It's telling me you do? How do you get around it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

irishgeo wrote: »
    prey

I also use prey

• Advertisement

Prey is useful and works on the desktop as well. The source code for the client is available https://github.com/prey/prey-android-client , and its in Debian and Ubuntu so maybe its worth a closer look.

I use a Droidtracker http://code.google.com/p/droidtracker/ , which is a simple app that responds to a crafted text message with the phones location. Hasn't been updated in a while but that's foss for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Anyone know any decent games to play on xperia play using the keypad?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Really nice photo gallery app.

Million Moments

Installed this a while ago but only tried it tonight.

Seems really nice, but like, I dont just hand my phone to people that often to show them pics, usually they're shared online. "MM" seems to only share a single page at a time? If thats the case its pointless as f@ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

ED E wrote: »
    Installed this a while ago but only tried it tonight.

Seems really nice, but like, I dont just hand my phone to people that often to show them pics, usually they're shared online. "MM" seems to only share a single page at a time? If thats the case its pointless as f@ck.

It's much better / nicer than the regular galary application and I do tend to hand my phone to people a good bit to show off photos as I don't really share everything online to everyone . people like looking at a few photos and you can show off your photos to people in the pubfor example without having to get their email address to share with them. Lots of friends and family have commented on how nice my photo collection looks in this application. It's also a nice way to organise and catagorise photos on the phone.

Alright, I can see how you could have use for it like that, but as I'm a fb fiend its not gonna work for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Any suggestions for a decent euro 2012 app? The official one isn't great. I'd love live group table updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a decent euro 2012 app? The official one isn't great. I'd love live group table updates.
    I've found the official one to be great actually. The only thing I've noticed missing was the live group table updates, which I'd imagine would be hard to come by in an app. You could always do it in your head since you'd know the live score and the table is there too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Fotmob do the live group table updates. Great app!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Article on Lifehacker today on Android launchers here, with a picture of a gorgeous, minimalist home screen (below) - but they don't say which launcher it is! Anyone know by any chance?!

xlarge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nothing like a bit of Monday morning detective work...

At the bottom of the LH article is the line "Photo by Pen Waggener."
    That links to Pen's Flickr page.
    In the comments for the Flickr page, it says that it's ADW Launcher with AndroidPhone7 theme.

Mr E wrote: »
    Nothing like a bit of Monday morning detective work...

At the bottom of the LH article is the line "Photo by Pen Waggener."
    That links to Pen's Flickr page.
    In the comments for the Flickr page, it says that it's ADW Launcher with AndroidPhone7 theme.

Thanks Sherlock Holmes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looks nice actually, might check it out!

Article on Lifehacker today on Android launchers here, with a picture of a gorgeous, minimalist home screen (below) - but they don't say which launcher it is! Anyone know by any chance?!

xlarge.jpg

Is that a lockscreen or just a home screen?
    If its a home screen then could that not be replicated with any launcher?

Are the date and clock widgets from HTC or a third party?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Are the date and clock widgets from HTC or a third party?

Dunno. The icon pack actually isn't AndroidPhone7 - although it is very close.

Dunno. The icon pack actually isn't AndroidPhone7 - although it is very close.

Looks like MetroStation icon pack
    I have that installed with Go Launcher Ex and the battery widget looks like Circle Battery Widget.
    The clock could be done with loads of the clock widgets really

I might be wrong but this looks like a mish-mash of a few things and could be done with most launchers

Ah, I do see the differences in the icons now!

I'll install the metrostation one also, see if I can replicate the look!

Thanks

• Advertisement

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Looks like MetroStation icon pack
    I have that installed with Go Launcher Ex

Yip, looks to be this alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement