Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Hill Climb Challenge

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭e30fitz

Hi lads great thread just found it I'm new to cycling training for the gael force so I've been cycling from dooradoyle out to gallows where do ye start the timing from love to see my times against ye. I have only done it from the cratloe side yet love the decent into meelick. Also where ye start timing on the back route thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Start timing at the turn off in Cratloe village itself up to the highest point (near the golf ball).

For the back side, as you come from Sixmilebridge you will go over a little bridge just where the road starts to rise, that is where I start timing.

Nice one I'll give it a lash over the weekend won't beat any records but itll give me something extra to go for I've seen a line on the road past golf ball so I'll time till there. Is that step climb in tipp much harder going to give that a go soon too Gael force is on in august so I need to get the hard miles into the legs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

e30fitz wrote: »
    Is that step climb in tipp much harder going to give that a go soon too Gael force is on in august so I need to get the hard miles into the legs

The Step is savage!:D One of the hardest climbs around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

e30fitz wrote: »
    Is that step climb in tipp much harder going to give that a go soon too Gael force is on in august so I need to get the hard miles into the legs

How would you consider your climbing at the moment? And more importantly your power output at very low cadences (legs grinding a big gear and rotating very slowly).

Also, what gearing have you got on your bike? The lowest gear. For example I have 39x25 and barely can make it up the Step so you would need at least that or easier to even try it!

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Keyboard Warrior

RedB wrote: »
    The Step is savage!:D One of the hardest climbs around.

Climbed the step after only a month of cycling and nearly died. Its not a long climb but very steep. had to stop twice before the top! 3 months later and I still have not gone back but I would expect to improve, probably get up it faster but with the same amount of pain.

The only thing that comes close is gallows hill (the very steep route via sixmilebridge) again had to stop twice! This one is mentally tough as its straight the whole way up so all you can see is pain ahead.

50/34 in on the front ring don't know much about that stuff it's a trek 1.2 standard so step is a no go for a while I'll keep heading out to cratloe in the evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

chapel hill
    2 m 30 sec
    plenty of room for improvement there!

Did the climb today woodcock hill from the cratloe side 21min 11 sec think there s a bit of improvement in me was out last night defiantly sweated 10 pints of heniken out of myself

Woodcock hill climb today in 19min55 sec very happy with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Reviving an old thread here. Serious respect to you guys:cool:

After managing Corkscrew hill last week I thought I'd give Woodcock Hill a go...bad bad bad idea. I attempted the back road route and had to push the bike up 90% of it :( Guess it gives me something to aim for...if i ever work up the courage to try again

get your times down on strava

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ULMarc

Took me something like a half an hour to climb Tountinna last week. It gets shteeep.

Advertisement