Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing ones shoes before entering one's or another's home

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

ejmaztec wrote: »
    In Ireland one's footwear would be stolen, and one would have to walk home barefoot, like they did in the old days.

Not just Ireland,
    Remember the episode of Sex and the city!!:o

My mother used to ask my friends to take off our shoes when we were young,apparently dirty little rascals :P she got over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Well, no, actually...you wanted people to justify doing the opposite of you like it was some unheard of practice to wear shoes indoors. A bit different from being curious about what other people think about it...but I guess that's just semantics.

Actually I wanted a debate and what peoples attitudes were and what and how I posted the question did just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I never wear shoes in my house, kick them of in the hallway, and that's where they stay til I'm going out again. It's not for hygiene or anything like that, It's just for comfort.
    Would never ask anybody that visits to take their shoes off either
    At the same time, I wouldn't be offended if I was visiting someone else's house, and they asked me to take off my shoes. It's their house, their rules AFAIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I like going barefoot in my own home. I would prefer that my guests wear shoes though as the sight of barefeet(not my own) makes me uncomfortable. I generally don't like taking my shoes off going to other peoples houses particularly those I am not close to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Alessandra wrote: »
    I like going barefoot in my own home. I would prefer that my guests wear shoes though as the sight of barefeet(not my own) makes me uncomfortable. I generally don't like taking my shoes off going to other peoples houses particularly those I am not close to.

Last time I visited Alessandra's house she made up some silly excuse as to why I couldn't take my shoes and socks off. She then spent the next 3 hours picking all the dead skin off her hairy yellow toes and piling it up in a blue bucket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

we got new carpet in all the bedrooms in a new house. The bedroom windows were lockable, which was frowned apon, so we got the window guy back to change the latches.

It was a scorching day and when he had left that i noticed he must have stood on some melted road tar before he arrived, the 2 month old carpets had loads of black lumps of tar stuck in them, which i had to cut out with a scissors

to be honest i didn't really care, its only a fooken floor, it was made to be walked on,

Advertisement