Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sport(s) do you hate?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Cricket
    Quint wrote: »
    I love seeing New Zealand go out of the RWC, their fans are the worst losers in world sport

yes i was in NZ when they went out of last WC against France, it was great, they were all ranting and raving about the referee for about 2 months later, when they were just beaten by a better team on the day, by a team that can play in competitions. Oh how smug i will be if they f*ck up the next RWC in their own back yard!!! I'm surprised one of the nerdy mods hasn't closed this down/moved it because of the sport team, I thought sport topics burnt their eyes?!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

major bill wrote: »
    but why should people pay 80 euro into croke park to sit with a load of snobby pr1cks and watch a game thats lets face it is hardly the most exciting sport in the world and god forgive us if we even tried to create a bit of noise:rolleyes:(soccer hoodlums)

ps post is mostly about leinsters rugby attitude not munsters!!!

Yeah because all of Leinster's fans are D4 types and all Munster's are hardy feckin country men eh? :rolleyes: Youve obviously no clue. Have you ever been to a Leinster game? Did you see the Heineken Cup final? Dont comment on something you have no clue about and use stereotypes to back up your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

American Football
    I hate them all.
    Walking is a good sport though. So is Quake:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Tennis
    Quint wrote: »
    If we qualify for the World Cup it'll give soccer a big injection of interest

One would hope so.

The lack of soccer win is embarrassing.

I wish Irish people could get over their cultural hang-ups so we could support England instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I suppose I wouldn't hate any form of sport without trying it out first. I wouldn't be a fan of the attitude of football, i.e. the ammount of greed in the top levels and the fact that opposition fans need to be segregated.

Also can't understand all the hatred for cricket. A sport you can spend all day in the sun getting pissed whilst watching, whats wrong with that now lads?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

stovelid wrote: »
    One would hope so.

The lack of soccer win is embarrassing.

I wish Irish people could get over their cultural hang-ups so we could support England instead.
    That's intresting and refreshing to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Hurling
    Is there some way we could get Leinster rugby to bugger off to Wexford or Louth or Laois or wherever ? It doesn't really matter just anywhere but here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Rugby
    Because domestic . . . . .

If you are not too busy, could you perhaps marry me and have my babies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

I dont really hate any sport, more so some of the fans.

I hate some fans that follow soccer and think because they follow their chosen sport they have to hate Rugby or Gaelic Games. Same for fans of Gaelic Games that feel they have to hate soccer etc. There are idiots involved in every sport.

My favourite sport is hurling but I really am a sports fan. I also follow boxing, Gaelic football, American Football, MMA, soccer and a few other sports.

I dont like cricket or darts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tennis
    I have to say I think the rugby support in this country is the most over rated load of crap ever.

I have been to about 20 irish rugby games 5 leinster and 12 so munster games including England in Croker in 2007 and I have to say the atmosphere is nowhere near as good as support for the National football team or Old Trafford (yes even Old Trafford is miles better)

The GAA is right up there too you cant beat Thurles on a Munster Final day or Croker on a All-Ireland Final day.. Just Magic

Sorry for going off topic but has be said I felt

anyway dont really hate any sport dont like cricket although went to 20/20 game in Wales when I was in college and have to say it was great craic as you were able buy drink so happy days did not care much about the cricket

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Golf. The game itself is probably quite good fun . But it's all the social climbing wannabe bollix that goes with it.

The next time one of the lads in the office stands in front of my desk and peforms a dumbass imaginary drive I am going to hit him in the nuts with a nail studded imaginary baseball bat.

Any sport that is played wearing a jumper is a load of cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tennis
    Irjudge1 wrote: »
    Golf. The game itself is probably quite good fun . But it's all the social climbing wannabe bollix that goes with it.

The next time one of the lads in the office stands in front of my desk and peforms a dumbass imaginary drive I am going to hit him in the nuts with a nail studded imaginary baseball bat.

Any sport that is played wearing a jumper is a load of cock.

i play and love the game myself but totally understand what your saying..

There a lot of imagine that goes with playing the game which is pity

it has come on quiet bit mainly thanks to Tiger Woods in making it more cooler and cheaper to younger and poorer kids and adults which was great thing.

but yes there is plenty of idots who really just go to showoff there new car etc in parkway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Soccer
    I don't really hate any sport, but if I had to pick one - I'd go for cricket. What a worthless sport. Can't say I'm a fan of any field sports though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

dlofnep wrote: »
    I don't really hate any sport, but if I had to pick one - I'd go for cricket. What a worthless sport. Can't say I'm a fan of any field sports though.

Again it is a jumper based sport. QED.

The supporting or attending games/matches......tests???? looks like a great day out though I do envy them that. Brother lives in yorkshire and he says that it is a brilliant way to spend an afternoon where the local village teams play each other . Team made up of ages from circa 14 to circa 70. Real community thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Soccer
    Irjudge1 wrote: »
    Again it is a jumper based sport. QED.

The supporting or attending games/matches......tests???? looks like a great day out though I do envy them that. Brother lives in yorkshire and he says that it is a brilliant way to spend an afternoon where the local village teams play each other . Team made up of ages from circa 14 to circa 70. Real community thing.

Fair enough, if you enjoy it - you enjoy it.

I personally find it ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

Soccer
    Hazys wrote: »
    I dont really hate any sport because i think any sport i play i enjoy...

But to sit down and watch an average game of certain sports would drive me to tears like the English Premiership (top 4 has been the same for how many years now? and its driven by money) and Gaelic Football (god its v talentless and boring).

My sports: 1 American Football 2 Rugby 3 Baseball

2005 i think it was,when everton were knocked out of the championsleague qualifying round,and yes it is driven by money,nut in fairness ye are all taking football(soccer) as the premiership and looking part the league of ireland,which is totally wrong and ignprant on your part...follow irish football,any of the clubs have a huge community spirit involved and it makes me sick when the GAA use this in an arrguement against football that they have this magical community spirit and we have none when infact we have a massive one,wouldnt really know about british football to be honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

American Football
    i hate the gah. it's fcuking awful, and i want to thump anyone that says it's more skillful than soccer (which i also don't particularly enjoy).

the game is a mortal sin, you're kicking it out of your hands, 50 feet into the fcuking air. ffs. no skill required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

genericguy wrote: »
    i hate the gah. it's fcuking awful, and i want to thump anyone that says it's more skillful than soccer (which i also don't particularly enjoy).

the game is a mortal sin, you're kicking it out of your hands, 50 feet into the fcuking air. ffs. no skill required.

Football is less about skill but more physical fitness and strength but you cannot deny that Hurling is an extremely skillful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Boxing. I can't understand its appeal. I can't watch any kind of boxing.
    I believe in equality but can't understand why women would want to box competitively.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Having played cricket for a number of years for The Bevois Castle Inn in the Southampton pub league I found cricket to be one of the finest sports on the planet. Batting is naturally enough good fun. Hitting a ball with a stick always is. But it's when your team is fielding that the sport comes into its own. You can bring your bottle of beer and a couple of ready rolled spliffs onto the field of play, take them at your leisure and still be partaking in a sport. Brilliant, sport of true gentlemen.

I found Octopush (under water hockey) to be the biggest load of pants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Trail_Blazer

Basketball
    I loathe american football with a passion, and I'm from there! (Unfortunately).

I pretty much hate all sports except Basketball, Baseball, UFC/Wrestling and Soccer/Euro Football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Soccer
    Alessandra wrote: »
    Boxing. I can't understand its appeal. I can't watch any kind of boxing.
    I believe in equality but can't understand why women would want to box competitively.

Eh, same reason men do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

American Football could be a potentially great sport, if it wasn't such a stop-start game. I mean how long does the average play last? 8 or 9 seconds probably. For that reason alone, i'm not a fan. Also golf, fantastic game to play, but awfully boring to watch. Ditto cricket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

baztard wrote: »
    Really, you honestly believe that? Your talking some amount of rubbish.

The kerry pitch incident was shameful. Does the GAA lending Croke park to the FAI and IRFU whilst they have no stadium themselves turn you back on them ?

Like most people who truely hate any sport, your just jumping on some tribal bandwagon. I love rubgy so I must hate gaa, I love gaa so I must hate soccer blah blah. Get over it.

:rolleyes:The gaa only gave the go ahead for croke park because lets face it it would have been a disaster(pr wise) if the irish rugby and football team had to play abroad. sure they got a big pay day too.croke park was funded by the people so the people should have a say on what sports gets played there.

tribal bandwagon? na i dislike gaa hq not the players or supporters(some of them anyway)so what have i to get over.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Basketball
    Tennis...I really hate it,
    I also hate the olympics, I just don't like self centered sports.
    One team sport I am starting to dislike is soccer....€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Say no more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

wixfjord wrote: »
    Yeah because all of Leinster's fans are D4 types and all Munster's are hardy feckin country men eh? :rolleyes: Youve obviously no clue. Have you ever been to a Leinster game? Did you see the Heineken Cup final? Dont comment on something you have no clue about and use stereotypes to back up your point.

yea have been to internationals, not a leinster fan and hate the clowns that support them(and i have met alot of leinster fans) so would defo not have a clue:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Soccer
    Gaelic Football for me.

It's a joke of a sport, played it all through school just to get out of classes, found it so appalingly easy, the only atribute required is that you are moderately fit and able to catch a ball.

I also hate GAA heads and their "national sport" bollocks, Hurling is out national sport, Gaelic football was invented in the late 1800's to compete with Rugby which was massive in Kerry and Cork where hurling was non-existent for years, the GAA then applied their "ban" and all that bollocks so people, rather than be labled traitors by their neighbours switched to this new game to get their fix of high paced contact sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cngamemart

swimming,you don't list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Hurling
    dlofnep wrote: »
    Fair enough, if you enjoy it - you enjoy it.

I personally find it ****.

Lots of people dislike cricket.
    reckon its because its too slow / complicated / not sure wtf is going on

Me. I love it.
    Absolutely brilliant sport.
    Really looking forward to The 5th test tomorrow.

Come on England !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

cngamemart wrote: »
    swimming,you don't list

That's because it kicks ass.

Advertisement