Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao Offers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

cool you might just squeeze in with grants i havent sent mine away yet still in process of getting stuff together to send away so theres still time
    Hopefully i will,Need to find out what i need to do for it first! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 buggeryboo

Mater Dei
    English, Religion And Education
    YEOWWWWWWW :D
    Congrats to everybody !!
    Good luck to those waiting on second round/ appeals..

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

How long do you have to accept an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I'm repeating, but I got offered Marketing in Cork for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Energy Systems Engineering in NUIG!:D

It's a long way from Cork/Lim but I'm all about the journey........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

How long do you have to accept an offer?

Till august 25th i think!Not 100% sure though,Check it out on the CAO site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Law and Politics in Trinity! YAY!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Commerce in UCD :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭catrina101

home ec and irish in st. angela`s!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Got Law in UCD! :)

Congrats all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

phasers wrote: »
    I'm really happy for you bythewoods :)

(Imagine having to repeat again!) :pac:

Thanks Phasers!
    As it turns out, I had enough points for it last year so repeating was altogether pointless :P
    But w/e...
    phasers wrote: »
    I got my number one choice, Communication Studies in DCU :D

Still shocked I got it, and very grateful to the HEAR people!

And I'm really happy for you!
    One of my Besticles from school this year got it too.
    So if you meet a lovely Waterford girl who just repeated for said course, go over and say hello ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Congrats again bythewoods! Glad to see you made the cut I'll miss your blog though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Somehow got my first choice of Economics + Mathematical Sciences in UL!
    Was considering repeating coz I felt I did sh!te in the leaving, still might, but now that I have my course it does leave a lot more doors open.

Out of interest, I definitely won't be going to college next year. I'll either repeat or take a year out. It says if I want a deferred place that I shouldn't accept now. I read the CAO guideline things and it says basically, I write to UL, tell them why I want a year out, they more than likely give it to me, I decline the offer, reapply next year (fee and everything), get documentation from UL saying I have a place, I get offered the guarenteed place again thru the CAO, and then I accept it in 2010. Is this the correct procedure?
    The guidance councellor in school was saying that I'd accept the place thru the CAO, talk to UL and then they'd allow me take a year out - basically, no more messing with the CAO.
    I have a feeling what's lined out in the CAO handbook could be what is supposed to happen 'in theory', but in practice, it could be different.

Anyone with experience with this matter, help is greatly appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

The application for a grant form is the most stupid piece of altered pis* i have ever had the ''privilege'' of reading and trying to fill out.

You think they could have put it simpler and asked for less information, preferably information i know and can write down within 5 minutes of reading the ******* question.

Bloody arse*****!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

celtic723 wrote: »
    The application for a grant form is the most stupid piece of altered pis* i have ever had the ''privilege'' of reading and trying to fill out.

You think they could have put it simpler and asked for less information, preferably information i know and can write down within 5 minutes of reading the ******* question.

Bloody arse*****!!

Couldn't agree with you more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

Midwifery in Trinity :D

delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

celtic723 wrote: »

Bloody arse*****!!
    Yeah it's a real pain, I get my dad to do it for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭gnl

Law, Trinity with 20 points to spare, and after a weekend of apprehension. So relieved!

This seems to be the bats**t craziest year for the CAO ever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 A_murray_jnr

Can anyone tell me.
    on the offer notice form we get. the courses with a * beside them.
    what does this mean, does it mean all places where offered.
    if so does this mean all courses with NO * all places have not been offered.

I missed out on my first choice by 10 points but there is no * beside it.
    so im wondering if there is a chance i will be offered it in second rounds.

Bloody points went up by 25 points from last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

"If the symbol * appears to the right of a Course Code, the higher education institution in question considers you to be ineligible for admission to that course".I'd interpret that to mean you failed to meet the matriculation requirements for the course, like not getting a HC3 in Maths or something like that.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Crossing my fingers for second rounds. Cao is such a pain in the ar** most head, nerve wrecking system ever.
    Just hope somebody who isnt really bothered doing product design in maynooth accepts it and ar**s through it.
    Cause it is my dream course and i would do anything to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

Well if there was a special requirement like a HC3 in a certain subject to get in to the course, and you didn't get it, then theres no way you'll get in, even if the points drop in the second round.

edit: Haha sry been up since 6 so wasnt reading your first post properly, its just a points problem that you have, hopefully it will go down, good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Wanted UCD Science (385)
    Got 370 :(

Looks like another year

My top two choices doesnt have a * beside them. my fourth choice was the only one with a *. i have meet all the requirements for my top two.
    The 28th cant come soon enough. its heart breaking not getting the course you want.

Best of luck to everyone waiting for second rounds and appeals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Bus. wit Russian... Fairly Happy

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

Overature wrote: »
    Mechanical Engineering UCD, first choice im so happy

me too man,:D
    see ya there:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stylee

Enterprise Computing in DCU..shall be good:) I am 100 over so was sorted! Points went way up this year it's unreal:O A couple of my friends are stuck with no courses now because they didn't get enough points for any that they put down:(
    Congrats everyone though!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Arts at NUIG. Despite going there without really knowing anyone I'm looking forward to it. (Y)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 wowiee

gnl wrote: »
    Law, Trinity with 20 points to spare, and after a weekend of apprehension. So relieved!

This seems to be the bats**t craziest year for the CAO ever though.

dito

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

djcervi wrote: »
    I got European Studies in Trinity

Sooo jealous, i missed it by 5 points, I really didn't think it would go up by 30 points! I'm doing Sociology and French in Trinity now but really hoping for European Studies in round two.

Advertisement