Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao Offers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 chaotic dream

I got my first choice - Computer Game Development in IT Carlow, points were at 300, I had 450

Congrats to everyone who got their course and good luck to anyone waiting for second rounds or viewing scripts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

bythewoods wrote: »
    Got Medicine in UCD :D

Delighted for you :)
    aww thanks, well done you, might see you around ucd:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Quick question - got my email confirmation from the CAO but nothing from UCD :O

Will that take a while?

Yeah, I wouldn't think they have an automated system set up like the CAO do. You'll probably get an orientation pack in the post in the next few days or so I'd guess. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stesh

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Yeah, I wouldn't think they have an automated system set up like the CAO do. You'll probably get an orientation pack in the post in the next few days or so I'd guess. :)

You get sent information after the offer round ends. I, on the other hand, am still without my confirmation email!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

got my confirmation!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

stesh wrote: »
    You get sent information after the offer round ends. I, on the other hand, am still without my confirmation email!

Ahh, I got offered UCD in the second round when I'd already accepted RCSI a few years back and they sent me the pack right away. Might be because it was so close to the start of term.. I didn't accept the offer though! :pac: How presumptuous of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Enquiring on behalf of my best friend.

Anyone have an inkling as to the likelihood of General Nursing in Waterford going down in Round 2 with it standing at 410 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Brilliant, looks like I'm going to UL (Computer Systems) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Got 440 and the points for science in trinity is 440 but not all people on 440 were offered places which is beyond shi-t.Now I really don't no what to do,do I hold out for round 2 or just go for UCD.
    Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

UL Business with French! Get in there!

:pac::D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

I'm going to Trinity! TR071!

snazzy wrote: »
    Enquiring on behalf of my best friend.

Anyone have an inkling as to the likelihood of General Nursing in Waterford going down in Round 2 with it standing at 410 at the moment.
    havent got a clue, but god the nursing points have gone high this year ,as expected i suppose
    did she apply anywhere else? i know general nursing in ucd is 390

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Woo! French and History in Trinity!

I'm delighted!

DylanJM wrote: »
    Got 440 and the points for science in trinity is 440 but not all people on 440 were offered places which is beyond shi-t.Now I really don't no what to do,do I hold out for round 2 or just go for UCD.
    Any advice?
    shouldnt you accept ucd and then if you get tcd in second round accept that,assuming trinity is higher on your list of prefernces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

Criminal Justice in Waterford IT with 20 points to spare! Over the moon!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

shouldnt you accept ucd and then if you get tcd in second round accept that,assuming trinity is higher on your list of prefernces

Can I do that I thought once you accept in the first round it cancels out anything you get in the second.no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

computer security and digital forensics in letterkenny!

over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I got my number one choice, Communication Studies in DCU :D

Still shocked I got it, and very grateful to the HEAR people!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Ancient and Medieval History and Culture in TCD by 15 points :D
    Woot for first choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

bythewoods wrote: »
    Got Medicine in UCD :D
    I'm really happy for you bythewoods :)

(Imagine having to repeat again!) :pac:

• Advertisement

Can I do that I thought once you accept in the first round it cancels out anything you get in the second.no?
    no, if you have ucd after trinity on your list and you accept ucd, should a place become available in trinity in the second round you will be offered it.
    someone correct me if im wrong.
    on the cao website you will find it if you read through the handbook on the site.
    i think there has already been people asking this question on one of the cao threads

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Got first choices on both sides of CAO, Music and Instrument technology and Arts with Music.
    Points went up in both, had 45 extra for arts, and about 180 for the instrument course.
    Delighted, got my accom sorted for Maynooth already :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055639163 have a look through this

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

I got my first choice - Computer Science at Trinity (160 points to spare:)). A friend got their first choice, but another is 10 points off pharmacy at Trinity, not sure if he's going to wait it out - will speak to him later.

Thanks leesmom!!! That makes me feel much better at least I still have a chance without the risk off not accepting anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Got arts in UCC :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

do the majority of all the places for each course go on the first round. Cause with us A level applicants having this f***KED UP DELAY, im just wondering if most of the places are taken during first round?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Mechanical Engineering UCD, first choice im so happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Physics with Astronomy and Space Science in UCD yepeee!!! with like 80 points to spare. Anyone doing this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Drama and Theatre Studies UCC, over by twenty points, thrilled ! :)

Advertisement