Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao Offers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LizzieDarling

Congrats to everyone that got their courses!!
    Just wondering,I got 550 and was hoping to do pharmacy in trinity,but its 550*,is there a good chance I'll get offered it in 2nd round??Have RCSI but was dead set on trinity!!:mad:!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

UL Business with French! Get in there!

:pac::D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused:

me toooooo:Dsee you soon

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Congrats to everyone that got their courses!!
    Just wondering,I got 550 and was hoping to do pharmacy in trinity,but its 550*,is there a good chance I'll get offered it in 2nd round??Have RCSI but was dead set on trinity!!:mad:!!

Chances of getting the offer in second round are slim im afraid. The * means that not all students that got offered (like youself) meaning it is full to capacity at the moment. Only if people do not accept it will you )possibly) get an offer. Chances of people not taking it are slim..and its a complete gamble to wait just n case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Dental Nursing in Trinity. :)

5 points off my first choice but not everyone was offered a place so we'll see in the second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Engineering in Trinity!!!!! with 85 points to spare...YEAHY!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭clinchy

buisness in WIT was 305 i got 335 and didnt get offerd a place wats the deal with that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭piggies

Journalism in DCU, points went down from 475 to 425!! 115 points to spare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

does anyone have a link for Round 1 points list last year? Want to see if I could get into German/Film Studies in TCD. Got my second choice German/Russian with 450 just want to see what the drop was in points last year and compare it to this year to try and see if I have a chance in round 2! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

Cool I'm off to UL too. Doing Computer Aided Engineering & Design

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ddddd

got actuarial and financial studies..it went up 30 from last year so just got in by 5 points..got B2 in maths so don't know if i'll be able for it but maths is the only thing im interested in so happy out! well done to everyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Music and history education in TCD, pretty damn pleased, anyone else with this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

MSISS in Trinity, handy as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bcarey1

Medicine in ucc. I'm absolutely delighted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Energy engineering in UCC.

Got 520 and wasn't expecting it to drop 15 from 535 but it did! Over the moon with it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Animation in Dun Laoghaire. I got 480 points for my portfolio, and a measly 310 for my LC and I still managed to get in with around 25 points to spare, hahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

Got offered Journalism in DIT... /yay

Anyone else find themselves looking at the CAO point list thinking of all the courses they could have got but didn't put down/know they existed? 'Tis a strange phenomenon... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Arts in UCD :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭johnmct77

Got offered Journalism in DIT... /yay

Anyone else find themselves looking at the CAO point list thinking of all the courses they could have got but didn't put down/know they existed? 'Tis a strange phenomenon... :pac:

yeah didnt get my first choice Multimedia DCU, and then i suddenly discovered a tralee IT course , digital media design have enough points 2 do it!:eek::eek:, needless 2 say, the CAO is a cruel arcane bitch of a system:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Ancient History and Medieval Culture in TCD.

I checked my offer online and didn't accept it yet. If I accept my offer online, will I still get confirmation of my offer by post? We need "physical" proof I'll be in TCD for grants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Mathematical Science -UCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

Gloom wrote: »
    Ancient History and Medieval Culture in TCD.

I checked my offer online and didn't accept it yet. If I accept my offer online, will I still get confirmation of my offer by post? We need "physical" proof I'll be in TCD for grants etc.

I accepted mine online, I thought the grant crowd only needed your student number and then they just check (or something). That's what they told me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Does this mean i've got it?
    I have received no emails from anyone yet...

I know it says accept but everyone is saying they've got an email....
    4571D8382FBA445E8FD344570808FB8E.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Does this mean i've got it?
    I have received no emails from anyone yet...

I know it says accept but everyone is saying they've got an email....
    4571D8382FBA445E8FD344570808FB8E.jpg

u get the email after u accept!U GOT IT
    congrats!!ill see u in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Cateym

clinchy wrote: »
    buisness in WIT was 305 i got 335 and didnt get offerd a place wats the deal with that?!

Did you meet all the course requirements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

u get the email after u accept!U GOT IT
    congrats!!ill see u in UCC

Ah cool cheers,Yeah maybe next year,I need to look into grants and accommodation which I feel I have may have left to late :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Ah cool cheers,Yeah maybe next year,I need to look into grants and accommodation which I feel I have may have left to late :pac:

cool you might just squeeze in with grants i havent sent mine away yet still in process of getting stuff together to send away so theres still time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

UCD Science :)

Points shot up by 85 so I'm happy I got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

ddddd wrote: »
    got actuarial and financial studies..it went up 30 from last year so just got in by 5 points..got B2 in maths so don't know if i'll be able for it but maths is the only thing im interested in so happy out! well done to everyone else

What uni?

It's my first choice but I did A-Levels so I have to wait till round 2 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Got offered Creative Digital Media In Blancharstown IT.

Didn't get my first choice as didn't get enough points.

Don't know what I'm going to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 claire!!!

got humanities in st pats:D so happy!!!!

cant believe the nursing points though!!!

Advertisement