Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moths

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

that was an excellent read; don't know what's with all the wet blankets on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

that was an excellent read; don't know what's with all the wet blankets on this thread.

Point them out, how dare they?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

and the moral of the story is.................if a moth is bothering you send it away to some other poor fckers light

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I read it, I liked it!

Very good read actually :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Senna wrote: »
    Summary;
    OP battles a moth, but he hasn't enough power to kill it after hitting it twice, then the father of the moth arrives and thinks he's Indiana Jones :confused:. Both moths attack and kill the OP's cat in retaliation for the previous attacks.

I may have trailed off at the end

This is AH- can you dumb it down just a shade. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

And the moral of the story is if you have your house illuminated like an airport at 2am you will attract ninja moths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

It was me!

FUUUUUUUU the memory's are rushing back now!

I remember watching that as a kid and thinking for that whole episode ''Jesus Christ for the love of God own up man!!'' and it was always sweet when he did!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I didnt like the ending. I was expecting you to be locked out in your PJs and have it start raining, or have an owl come by and eat the moth you saved from your house.

god I miss creative writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Stones85

Abigayle wrote: »
    Use your grey matter! Why poison yourself with this sh1t when you could fill any plastic trigger spray with water, and take it down this way?!

Even if you use an insect spray on a fly (never mind a moth), its going to drop inside the house and you will still have to pick it up / hoover it up. The mind fcuking boggles.. :/

:) Abigayle!! are you saying that chasing a moth around a room sprayin a mist, nay vapour, of liguid after it in a vain attempt to "guide" it outside, is more effective that just swatting and standing on it or poisoning it???:D

EDIT 2; Combine both!! Swat moth, while it's down you can concentrate your insect/flyspray a controlled area; this way keeping poisonous fumes out of the air and saving money as u'll not be wasteing any spray chasing him. But i suppose Abigayle you could attempt to drown him with your water vapour haze while he's down too.....

EDIT 1: good way to burn calories though I guess :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

There is a fly crawling around my pc screen what should i do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

When is the abridged version of this post being released? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Stones85

super-rush wrote: »

Hit the fly as hard as you can with a baseball bat

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

super-rush wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Thats what ya get for not being concerned about the enviroment and leaving your lights on all night....all the moths will die of climate change if ya carry on like that so your attempts at saving it......useless

Advertisement