Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to9zMVlyrV8

looks here like he basically jus plays his tunes through live and his xone to me.

i bet he doesnt use half the equipment he has

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Seeing Deadmau5, Boys Noize and 2manydj's on Friday night at Belsonic.

Can't wait! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G1987

Nice! I've a friend going too.
    Deadmau5 and Boys Noize I'd enjoy but I'm not so much a fan of 2 Many DJs. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dspdra

U's are all f*c*i*g bums complainin abou 32 euro....... i wipe me arse wiv dat..... hope i didnt cum off on the wrong foot... haha lol..... is the acadamey strict for id does ne1 know??

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

dspdra wrote: »
    U's are all f*c*i*g bums complainin abou 32 euro....... i wipe me arse wiv dat..... hope i didnt cum off on the wrong foot... haha lol..... is the acadamey strict for id does ne1 know??

Firstly go back to school and learn how to spell.

Secondly if you knew anything about dance music you would know that gigs rarely ever cost that amount of money, saw Audion in the twisted pepper for 15 euro the other week, its rarely over that.

Whoever would pay 32 euro to see some crap ass producer whos only gimmick is that he is dressed like a mouse is a fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Its the fact that its 32e to see ****e. Head to smaller venues around town and pay 10e for much better DJ's, actually don't your sort belong in Tripod!

Dont know but I reckon there strick on Nike Air Max and luminous socks!

Plus Id say its hard wiping your arse with a 2euro coin thats what toilet paper is for.

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

arrrrrghh my eyes.

I think with that sort of attitude and posting style this forum will be better off without you. Take a week off to learn some manners and the full use of your keyboard

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

People need to understand how the whole DJ booking system works. It's no different o anything else and it comes down to supply and demand. Deadmau5 has a very very large following and if they sold tickets for €10 they would probably sell out 10x times. So they pick a mid sized venue and jack the price up to what they think they can sell it out at, but get the highest ticket price. It's been going on so long in Ireland that many are just used to it, and so they stop moaning and just pay the price if they want to go - its that simple.

The group who are organising make loads of money as does Deadmau5 - and I'm sure he's considerably more expensive than many other DJ's who most of us think are better and would want to see more anyway - but that's just the way it goes.

€30 - big deal. Most of you moaning piss twice that up against a wall every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Zascar wrote: »
    People need to understand how the whole DJ booking system works. It's no different o anything else and it comes down to supply and demand. Deadmau5 has a very very large following and if they sold tickets for €10 they would probably sell out 10x times. So they pick a mid sized venue and jack the price up to what they think they can sell it out at, but get the highest ticket price. It's been going on so long in Ireland that many are just used to it, and so they stop moaning and just pay the price if they want to go - its that simple.
    +10000000

Like I've said a billion times before, many people on this forum seem to not grasp the fundamentals of economics at all. They seem to think that things are priced based on what's 'fair' or what they consider 'good value' and get up in arms about ticket prices (ironically to people they have no interest in seeing).

Even as someone who loves music far more than money (I'm a starving artist ffs!), if I was running a night I'm gonna charge whatever will make me a profit. Reason being that by putting the music first, you take a BIG risk. And so to compensate you charge as much as you can to cover your ass.

Anyways, I'd like to think people would be there because they have an interest in the music, not because they spotted a bargain.

What is it about Deadmau5 threads that brings out the illogical silly side of people?

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    What is it about Deadmau5 threads that brings out the illogical silly side of people?

+1

I think the points so far are that he has made some silly obnoxious comments whereas all other djs are lovely people, he charges a lot whereas all others charge a magic bean and an old button, and his music is not good which of course is a matter of fact not opinion...

+1

I think the points so far are that he has made some silly obnoxious comments whereas all other djs are lovely people, he charges a lot whereas all others charge a magic bean and an old button, and his music is not good which of course is a matter of fact not opinion...

this post should be stickied at the top of the forum!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'd bring in Tiesto and the Blackout crew together and charge €100 a ticket if I thought I could get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Zascar wrote: »
    I'd bring in Tiesto and the Blackout crew together and charge €100 a ticket if I thought I could get away with it.

blackout crew???? i think you would hav to pay ppl to got to them!!!!!!

i think deadmau5 is good.. sure 30 quid is a night out so 30 quid for a night out in town plus a good gig is worth it!!!!! just have to find a car park thats open late in town now

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Yeah he only plays his own stuff and his own remixes. He's a bit of a cock though, so I'm not suprised.

Gui Boratto is awesome. I cant wait till he plays anywhere close to here again. Him and Kalkbrenner are top of my to see list (He actually also plays pretty much exclusively all his own stuff when he plays live)

Gigi Baracco ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dspdra

Its the fact that its 32e to see ****e. Head to smaller venues around town and pay 10e for much better DJ's, actually don't your sort belong in Tripod!

Dont know but I reckon there strick on Nike Air Max and luminous socks!

Plus Id say its hard wiping your arse with a 2euro coin thats what toilet paper is for.

:L:L your hilarious. why the hell are ya on this tread if you think hes sh**e anyway? suppose you have nothing better to do! You must have some night outs anyway going around town looking for some cheap **s venue with rookie djs playin and sippin down your pints to your sad life. Wearin your dubs and jeans that are so skinny you would be able 2 see ur p***y......... snap to that u g*y :cool::cool::cool::pac:

:L:L your hilarious. why the hell are ya on this tread if you think hes sh**e anyway? suppose you have nothing better to do!

To give my opinion, which I might add is the same as alot of folk.
    You must have some night outs anyway going around town looking for some cheap **s venue with rookie djs playin and sippin down your pints to your sad life. Wearin your dubs and jeans that are so skinny you would be able 2 see ur p***y......... snap to that u g*y :cool::cool::cool::pac:

:D

Have you ever shown your support to a night in Kennedys, Twisted Pepper, The Pint or various other venues?
    Anyway what makes you think deadmau5 is so great? also what makes you think Irish DJ's are any worse? What Local Rookie DJ's have you seen that where so bad they didn't warrant the admission?

You don't have to pay 32e for a good night, Ben Klock was 15e and he is far better Producer imo.

**** Off!

Im kind of a big deal around here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a real pity that Deadmau5 attracts some many "scooter-fans". In my eyes he's good at what he does and I enjoy his music on a daily basis.

That said, I'll pay 50 for The Prodigy, but the mau5 isnt on that level, that price is a little steep. I think I'll stick with my free Kasabian tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

F*ck me.

I like good music, and I also like Deadmau5, some people don't, and I've no problem with that. I like the sound he produces, and his new album is alot more varied and nothing like the first (which I believe may actually suprise some people.), but I can understand the whole 'it sounds a bit samey' point.

What I don't like is that fu*kin' bellend, the lad a few posts up making all us others that like deadmau5 look like fuking goons all because he acts the knob. Sure he goes around wearing a big mau5head, it's a logo now, a lighthearted take on his whole coming about as a producer, and it's created a persona for him, and fair play, like what Daft Punk did to an extent.

Some people like him and his music, others don't and might not like the music you're into. He puts on a good party,and I acknowledge €30 is a wee bit steep, but as someone else said a few posts up, people throw double that away on a weekend. Looking forward to it must say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

He actually also plays pretty much exclusively all his own stuff when he plays live

do any producers play other peoples stuff when they're playing live?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Orbital are known for playing belinda carlilse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Táck wrote: »
    do any producers play other peoples stuff when they're playing live?

But he also plays mainly his own stuff when he's playing DJ sets, or on essential mix. Most DJs play a mix of their stuff and their favourite other stuff, but not de Mau5.

:D

But he also plays mainly his own stuff when he's playing DJ sets, or on essential mix. Most DJs play a mix of their stuff and their favourite other stuff, but not de Mau5.

erm, he doesn't play dj sets as far as i know.

And he's also not a DJ. Jesus can people get their heads around this at all:

Producer playing his own stuff (normally out of ableton) live = live
    Producer playing any stuff = Dj set
    Dj playing any stuff = Dj set

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

erm, he doesn't play dj sets as far as i know.

And he's also not a DJ. Jesus can people get their heads around this at all:

Producer playing his own stuff (normally out of ableton) live = live
    Producer playing any stuff = Dj set
    Dj playing any stuff = Dj set

He played a DJ set at Picnic last year as far as I could see. Also producers could quite easily play a whole set of their own stuff in a DJ set from CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i know what most dj's do. i went to one of these dance gigs before. once.

Is this thread still going?

Seriously folks, people have different tastes in music. That's it, that's all there is too it. And those who don't like him, great for you, give yourself a pat on the back for your wonderful taste. But do we have to keep going in circles?

He played a DJ set at Picnic last year as far as I could see. Also producers could quite easily play a whole set of their own stuff in a DJ set from CD.

Really????? He was playing other people's stuff? Doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Really????? He was playing other people's stuff? Doubt it.

Yeah, heard he was playing some uplifting piano house...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

On another note, I just listened to Stobe off of his new album and loved it, Can anyone recommend any other similar songs? Doesn't have to be Deadmau5

Advertisement