Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5

Options
  • 14-08-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Deadmau5 is coming to the academy on the 16th of oct:D:D:D:D:D
    Tickest are a steep 32 quid but i cant wait!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

32 is waaaaaaay over priced for him. Saw him in trinity rooms a while ago and he was actually allright. I was pleastantly suprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Why did ticketmaster not notify me of this yet? :mad:

Thats one thats a definite. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

32 Euro is a joke. I'm not a fan anyway but chances are the guy will only be playing for an hour or so for 32 euro. Thats crazy. I thought those days were in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭francois

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    32 Euro is a joke. I'm not a fan anyway but chances are the guy will only be playing for an hour or so for 32 euro. Thats crazy. I thought those days were in the past.

Sadly as long as there are idiots willing to pay.....

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

Never understood the Deadmau5 thing, he's got a couple of good tracks but the majority are pretty ordinary, his recent live essential mix was average, only played his own tracks bar a couple of others, not as bad a Gui Boratto (who i think is excellent) but his EM was only his tracks and remixes which is musical masturbation for his own sake.

Still 32 beans in this day and age is a rip off, although I would possibly pay more than that to go to a decent gig out here. Theres not much in Thailand, plus i'm on crutches.

• Advertisement

Tickest are a steep 32 quid but i cant wait!!!!!

Bit pricey alright.

Saw him in Limerick lately, and know a few clips of him that night are up on youtube. Enjoyed it, though was very very drunk so would have enjoyed any act...

Yeah he only plays his own stuff and his own remixes. He's a bit of a cock though, so I'm not suprised.

Gui Boratto is awesome. I cant wait till he plays anywhere close to here again. Him and Kalkbrenner are top of my to see list (He actually also plays pretty much exclusively all his own stuff when he plays live)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Caught about half an hour of Deadmau5 at a festival in Belgium in July. Have to say he was fairly good, putting on his mask when he was mixing in Not Exactly.... he knew how to work the crowd. But then, after a rip-roaring 10 minute spell, he would fall away for a while!

Im another to agree with the price being too high. Worst off, I doubt he will play up a lengthly set!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

Is he really a giant mouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Starfox wrote: »
    Is he really a giant mouse?

Nah hes just a giant douchebag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Never been a fan of Deadmau5 and I think he's very overrated producer. Ok, I admit that there are some decent track he produced (usually older ones: 1981, Faxing Berlin, Assorted, Complications), but most of them are repetitive, boring and the worst of all: very similar to each other.

All of his electro style releases sound exactly the same, even the lyrics are almost the same (Melle Fresh on vocals always singing about bitches, drugs, rich people... etc.)

Furthermore, he's a very arrogant person, seems like he doesn't respect anyone, so I don't understand how people like him. .....

Overated in my opinion, will give him a miss..

Thats just my2cents :pac:

HJ-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Ah the old Willyhead5 discussion is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

Too be totally honest ive only listened to a couple of tracks from him, im a trance head im planning on listening to alot of house as ive permanent time off coming up but i dont think it will be in deadmou5's direction, he just seems very plan for my liking.... he can stay dead :p

he's ****, he's great, he's ****, he's great.

I'm going to bed, let me know when you've reached a consensus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah he only plays his own stuff and his own remixes. He's a bit of a cock though, so I'm not suprised.

Gui Boratto is awesome. I cant wait till he plays anywhere close to here again. Him and Kalkbrenner are top of my to see list (He actually also plays pretty much exclusively all his own stuff when he plays live)

Kalkbrenner is unbelieveable Live! By far the best set ive ever been to, helped by the fact that it was in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Kalkbrenner is unbelieveable Live! By far the best set ive ever been to, helped by the fact that it was in Germany.

+1 Amazing stuff.

Deadmau5 was only 20 euro a few months back, he was great but i couldn't justify such a rise in price to see him again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Seen him in sligo early last year, he was class playing a good bit of his old stuff with a mix of his new stuff, went to see him at oxegen and he was a let down, played mostly just his new stuff that isnt that good, swedish house mafia were on before him and they blew him off the dance floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Jaysus here we go again.

If you don't like him, don't go see him, don't buy his records.

If you like him and don't like paying 32 euro, don't go see him for that price.

If you like him and are willing to pay 32 euro to see him, enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'd like to go to this but the price is far too steep. There's an Ed Banger night on in the Button Factory the same night for €17.50 with four DJs playing which is much better value imo.

Guess I can catch Deadmau5 the following week at I Love Techno.

Ah yes. I love "techno"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

Its not an issue of wether he's good or bad but the price is stupidly ridiculous.Its the epitome of this crap Dublin scene where you need to pay mad money to see a guy in a mouse head play bland electro.

Everytime I go to Berlin it makes me hate clubbing in Dublin more and more.The Twisted Pepper is the only place here that you can see great djs for 12 euro and they have the right idea in not ripping of punters.

Then again think of the brain deads who'll be at Deadmau5 so im not surprised they are charging so much in knowing they'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

nonsense42 wrote: »
    Its not an issue of wether he's good or bad but the price is stupidly ridiculous.Its the epitome of this crap Dublin scene where you need to pay mad money to see a guy in a mouse head play bland electro.

Everytime I go to Berlin it makes me hate clubbing in Dublin more and more.The Twisted Pepper is the only place here that you can see great djs for 12 euro and they have the right idea in not ripping of punters.

Then again think of the brain deads who'll be at Deadmau5 so im not surprised they are charging so much in knowing they'll get it.

the penny drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

it will be the same shams that were in tripod before xmas screaming "go wan da mau5" and throwin drinks in the air....good one

used to like him till i realised every single song sounds the sam and his head is up his own arse. i for one will never be bothering with him again.

more power to those that still enjoy his crap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Jello wrote: »
    There's an Ed Banger night on in the Button Factory the same night for €17.50 with four DJs playing which is much better value imo.

Heard about that but can't find anywhere that says who's playing, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Ah yes. I love "techno"

Gas man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Yell0 Man wrote: »
    Gui Boratto (who i think is excellent) but his EM was only his tracks and remixes which is musical masturbation for his own sake.

gui boratto is a producer. he only plays live.

jtsuited wrote: »
    Jaysus here we go again.

If you don't like him, don't go see him, don't buy his records.

If you like him and don't like paying 32 euro, don't go see him for that price.

If you like him and are willing to pay 32 euro to see him, enjoy yourself.

No no no, all wrong.

The rule is you must like Gui Boratto, you must hate Deadmau5. It's a rule, please obey it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Heard about that but can't find anywhere that says who's playing, does anyone know?
    Busy P, Feadz, So Me and Breakbot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DjStephenD

hes playing in UCD that day aswell.. €32 is a bit steep.. Not Exactly and the likes were epic tunes when they first came out! but hes gone a bit off the ball now, very good at building an image tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

DjStephenD wrote: »
    hes playing in UCD that day aswell.. €32 is a bit steep.. Not Exactly and the likes were epic tunes when they first came out! but hes gone a bit off the ball now, very good at building an image tho!

How do ya know this?

Advertisement