Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone ever leave money behind after using an ATM?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

Has anybody left money in an ATM?

Answer: Yes, a lad I know, he was a year ahead of me in school and a bit of a poser, left 120 euro in it one day. Lucky enough I was next in line. So if David Reidy from Clonmel is reading this, Thanks very much for the free night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

A lady left a wad of cash in the ATM beside mine this morning, but the next person who came along called her back.

Happy ending!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Yes when I was a student I went to take my last fiver (God bless Rathmines - was one of the only places where you could get a fiver from an atm) out of my account and duly walked away after pulling my card. Copped on about 10 minutes later but sadly I'd been robbed.

Have also left my change in them self scanning machines in Dunnes. Again, I was robbed.

Doh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Bucklesman wrote: »
    A lady left a wad of cash in the ATM beside mine this morning, but the next person who came along called her back.

Happy ending!

jesus!! she was VERY grateful then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I haven't although then again I have no money...
    *leaves*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I haven't although then again I have no money...
    *leaves*
    Aaaah. Such a shame leaves aren't legal tender...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ATM gave me fake dollar bills one time. That kind of sucked.

considering you are located in france - I can only guess it was while on holidays in USA.

hope you brought them straight to the bank and demanded real dollar bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

PCPhoto wrote: »
    hope you brought them straight to the bank and demanded real dollar bills.

Hard to prove they were the ones that came from the bank machine though, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Me, never but a friend of mine once left about €300 - €400 in an ATM on two separate occasions I think. I was like how the hell did you manage that!!!

I am so paranoid at ATMs, I double check the machine before I leave - make sure I have card, cash and I do not move until the ATM screen has cleared and says "Please insert your card". That way you will never leave money behind you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Happyrocks

I did it once, had only left the machine for 20 seconds, it was enough time for some dishonest scumbag to benefit from my laps of mind. If I had seen them they would have paid a far greater price than the benefit of 40e !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Happyrocks wrote: »
    I did it once, had only left the machine for 20 seconds, it was enough time for some dishonest scumbag to benefit from my laps of mind. If I had seen them they would have paid a far greater price than the benefit of 40e !

I was one of those "dishonest scumbags", I found a wad of cash sticking out of an ATM and no one at all near it so I did the sensible thing and took custody of it.

I waited a few minutes to see if any distressed looking person came running back but no one did so I figured the machine malfunctioned.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Loopy wrote: »
    Hard to prove they were the ones that came from the bank machine though, no?

Exactly. I've seen a lot of fakes but these ones were laughable - printed crooked, too-dark green, blurred text. Still didn't stop me trying to change them over the border though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 couch13

Yea, it's really embarrassing.

Advertisement