Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone ever leave money behind after using an ATM?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

I was next in line for an ATM on O'Connell St. (Dublin) once.
    The old guy at the machine was losing it, kept swearing and hitting the maching and eventually stormed off.
    As I got to the machine a big bundle of €50s came out.
    For some bizarre reason I ran down the street after him and gave him the money.

Afterwards I felt a little bit like Batman :rolleyes:

you know he was going mad because he actually had no money. Your a nice guy! :)

seriousl though, if this happens to anyone, its not lost. Get it back, simple phone call or go into your bank if its open. or.

http://dynimg.rte.ie/0002784710dr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Don't worry about it, the kid's clearly on Crack.

I wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Don't worry about it, the kid's clearly on Crack.

Gone off the rails, has he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Gone off the rails, has he?

Jaysus that Fat Controller is one useless bastard.

Biffo or Gordon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

brummytom wrote: »
    Biffo or Gordon?

Almost replied with someone else there and would have probably picked up my first AH ban.
    Damn you troublesome teens...

Almost replied with someone else there and would have probably picked up my first AH ban.
    Damn you troublesome teens...

Not one of the mods?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

transport21 cutbacks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Basically, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭itouchmyself

Also, taking money from an ATM is theft as its not yours

Yeah I know its the gob****e's that doesn't deserve it infront off you for been so dizzy!!!

Girl infront off me did it before grabbed it and called her.... Wasn't even a thank you :mad::eek::mad:
    Never again

• Advertisement

Yeah I know its the gob****e's that doesn't deserve it infront off you for been so dizzy!!!

Girl infront off me did it before
    grabbed it and called her....
    Wasn't even a thank you :mad::eek::mad:
    Never again

Hrmmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

For some bizarre reason I ran down the street after him and gave him the money.
    because your a decent person and it wasnt your money and would like to have someone do it for you.....i took my last 40euro out of a machine not so long ago and left it, no food for that week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

a dude infront of me did it in Dundrum Shopping centre did it, i gave him the €300 back, and he just gave me a look like i had robbed...swine...could of been a weekend of booze and whores.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No, never, but that's because I'm not a ****ing tard with my money
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ha! Ha! Ha!

No. That's just silly.

It's like going to the cake shop and leaving without your delicious chocolate pear gateux which you're going to use to top off the triumphant meal you're cooking tonight for that special lady friend you have coming over.

Or going to the wine shop and leaving with that perfect bottle of Chateau de Roquebrune which will compliment the fine fillet steaks you're going to grill with just a touch of garlic and that delightful light pepper sauce you make.

Or going to the chemist and forgetting the jumbo box of ribbed johnnies you're going to use while rogering yer wan senseless after you're done eating.

It just doesn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Also, taking money from an ATM is theft as its not yours

I would like to draw your attention to the case of finders vs keepers.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ha! Ha! Ha!

No. That's just silly.

It's like going to the cake shop and leaving without your delicious chocolate pear gateux which you're going to use to top off the triumphant meal you're cooking tonight for that special lady friend you have coming over.

Or going to the wine shop and leaving with that perfect bottle of Chateau de Roquebrune which will compliment the fine fillet steaks you're going to grill with just a touch of garlic and that delightful light pepper sauce you make.

Or going to the chemist and forgetting the jumbo box of ribbed johnnies you're going to use while rogering yer wan senseless after you're done eating.

It just doesn't happen.
    It does when your taking money out of them atm and your preoccupied thinking about those chocolate pear gateu, Chateau de Roquebrune and rogering yer wan senseless!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

It happened me once - phone went just as I took my card out and I forgot to take the friggin money.
    Rang the bank and told them and they got the ATM checked and it was over by €200 so I got it back..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I did today..:mad:

a million and 1 things rushing thru my head and as soon as my card popped out I got it and rushed into a shop.

In France you have to take the cash before the machine gives you back your card? Is it not like that in Ireland or does it depend on the bank ?

Ponster wrote: »
    In France you have to take the cash before the machine gives you back your card? Is it not like that in Ireland or does it depend on the bank ?
    well i think the other way is better cause most of the time you think of taking the cash and as soon as you take it you leave your card behind! obviously some sort of audio saying "hey retard take your money out of me or some jerk is gonna take it and spend it on ya"....would be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

nedtheshed wrote: »
    I would like to draw your attention to the case of finders vs keepers.
    I'll think you'll find that it was Finders vs Losers.

They both claimed to be keepers IIRC. One of them ended up weepers, anyway.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Ponster wrote: »
    I'm sure it used to be that way. I left my card in the machine once when late for a bus.

Now, the machines don't spit out the cash until you take your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm amazed I have yet to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

No, but I heard of a fella who didn't know how atm's worked and he left his money behind before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭bakkiesbotha

Happened me in August 2002. I withdrew 500 euros from a machine by Connolly station and walked off without the money. The guy behind me in the queue ran after me and gave it back to me.

If by some chance you're reading this, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

el_weirdo wrote: »
    I'm sure it used to be that way. I left my card in the machine once when late for a bus.

Now, the machines don't spit out the cash until you take your card.

Yeah I think they changed it because there was a fair few cases of people forgetting their cards.
    You go to the ATM to get cash, have your mind on something else, machine spits out cash - mission accomplished (it's in your subconscious that getting cash is the goal of this exercise)! Except, no, you walked off and forgot your card..

You're less likely to walk off without your cash (and therefore your card) when the cash is dispensed after the card is returned because it's in your subconscious that the exercise is to get cash.

I have never walked off without my cash (or my card) thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

I saw ATM in the thread title and got excited. Then I realised people were talking about Automated Teller Machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Did it myself just this Tuesday morning.
    Got distracted just after I removed my card.
    With AIB you have to go to the local branch and fill in a "ATM Disputed Transaction" form.
    Money was credited back into my account 2 days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Wow, no i don't think that has ever happened to me.

Actually what was the question again? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ATM gave me fake dollar bills one time. That kind of sucked.

Advertisement