Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone ever leave money behind after using an ATM?

Options
  • 14-08-2009 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I did today..:mad:

a million and 1 things rushing thru my head and as soon as my card popped out I got it and rushed into a shop.

I am going to the bank tomorrow see if the cctv cams pick up anything as its unlikely the atm was unattended for 2 mins or however long it takes cash to go back into your acc.

first time it happened, duh of the year moment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

a million and 1 things rushing thru my head and as soon as my card popped out I got it and rushed into a shop.

I am going to the bank tomorrow see if the cctv cams pick up anything as its unlikely the atm was unattended for 2 mins or however long it takes cash to go back into your acc.

One of my friends did when he was drunk... I took the cash from the machine (€100) and waited. We were in the queue for the club and when we got to the top to pay in, he realised he had no money... realised he had left it after him... panicked and ran back to the ATM. I let him get all worked up and pissed off...

Then I gave him it back

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ya. Happened me once or twice. But never more than $30-$40 so its not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Yeah, the midgets who live inside the machine stole a fiver off me when I stuck a banger in their letterbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Then atm cash is all accounted for. The machine would have swallowed it back into the machine. Ring the bank asap and let them know. Your acc will be credited with the amount you tried to withdraw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Then atm cash is all accounted for. The machine would have swallowed it back into the machine. Ring the bank asap and let them know. Your acc will be credited with the amount you tried to withdraw.

OR, the next person will come along and say "Ooh, free monies"

I did it once, I think. I came out of the shop not remembering if I'd taken money out once and then tried taking it out again. My head was all over the place at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

phasers wrote: »

can easily happen, drunk talking to mate. blabla.

lol if you didnt ring the bank and get your money back. Machines swallow it back within a certain timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

No - I keep my wits about me taking out money.

Left behind a Cadbury Fudge at the self-serve tills at Tesco.. when I realised, I was pissed off for the rest of the day :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

no but i left a jcb at one in cavan a few weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

how much OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I did this about a year ago. I was on the phone while using the ATM, and in a mad rush. I just tore off mid transaction. Turned out the machine sucked it back in though and re-lodged it in my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

brummytom wrote: »
    Left behind a Cadbury Fudge at the self-serve tills at Tesco.. when I realised, I was pissed off for the rest of the day :mad:

You'll remember to pack the fudge the next time Tom. :pac:

TheZohan wrote: »
    You'll remember to pack the fudge the next time Tom. :pac:

Mr Zohan, are you trying to... seduce me? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Eh no!

And we've already established that your mum is too old too.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭itouchmyself

phasers wrote: »

I agree might drink so much couldn't walk wouldn't do that and I actually think if you that stupid **** ya.... Seriously you expect the bank to care and look at cctv and blame the next person??? I woulda kept the money to teach you a lesson and the bank wont really care if you that thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

How? I could never understand how you could do that...

One time I took out 100 from an ulsterbank machine... When I went to take it out the grip the machine had on the money was pretty strong... I took 50, the other 50 stuck, when I went to take it, it somehow fell into the machines mechanism... I then withdrew another 50 to get the one that was in the machine, it took me a while to get the one that fell. So long that the machine swallowed my other 50, I got it back though... very very odd. :P

TheZohan wrote: »
    Eh no!
    Damn :(
    And we've already established that your mum is too old too.:(

You've a very good memory! I've a cousin in Galway who's a good age, decent looker.. I'm sure she wouldn't mind? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

I found about 250 GBP in an atm a few years ago here in London. Did enjoy spending it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,908 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The ATM beeps at you though.

Then again, my Jeep beeps at me too and I ignore it a whole bunch. Then I wonder why the battery is dead when I try to drive off from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I found about 250 GBP in an atm a few years ago here in London. Did enjoy spending it.:)

:eek:
    Why doesn't that happen to me? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shoota

Yeah I've done it at least twice.....:o

Usually its when im thinking about a woman......, and most often when i've just bought a chicken roll in dunnes, I pay and then walk off without it, they know me as "that guy":p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

You've got this all mixed up young Tom.
    You're supposed to be the groomee not the groomer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

once forgot to take 60 from the atm:o wouldn't have been too bad if hubby wasn't there waiting in the car. He never lets me hear the end of it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭Goose81

First of all,why bother going to the cctv,they now own the money fair and square.

I have previously handed back atm money I found because I am a gent,most peple arent.

The morality would be too mcuh for me,I would be guilt ridden.

I was next in line for an ATM on O'Connell St. (Dublin) once.
    The old guy at the machine was losing it, kept swearing and hitting the maching and eventually stormed off.
    As I got to the machine a big bundle of €50s came out.
    For some bizarre reason I ran down the street after him and gave him the money.

Afterwards I felt a little bit like Batman :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭Goose81

Did you crack a crappy joke/story to him to draw attention like you usually do?

You've got this all mixed up young Tom.
    You're supposed to be the groomee not the groomer.

Oh right, I got mixed up there eh Skinner?

*sits in corner looking innocent and niave* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I've a cousin in Galway who's a good age, decent looker.. I'm sure she wouldn't mind? :P

I'll take care of this for you, whatever the hell you're talking about.
    Afterwards I felt a little bit like Batman :rolleyes:

You get used to it.

I'll take care of this for you, whatever the hell you're talking about.

Don't worry about it, the kid's clearly on Crack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

lol

actually a woman I was thinking about at the time...:rolleyes:

I rung the bank and all that, whats the time frame for monies to be sucked back in? I will go to the bank itself tomorrow and see what they say.

It was 60e, but could have been 300e as I was going to get money for rent. The machine never beeped, I remember pushing the first button and hearing no beep for the pin, maybe that was what messed me up.

Also, taking money from an ATM is theft as its not yours

Advertisement