Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos the brainiest, men or women???

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

TheZohan wrote: »
    Now if only we could invent a mute button for wimmens!

We have. Writer Marc Cherry invented Desperate Housewives for exactly that purpose, just put on the TV and they zip up. Darren Star did the same thing with Sex and the City. The mute function only lasts as long as the show, but it's a great way to keep 'em to shup while you concentrate on complex mathematics, physics, philosophy and who'd win in a fight, Anne Frank or Gandhi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

No.This four points takes into account that men are bigger and therefore have bigger brains. On a scale where we would have exactly the same size brains, we would be the same.

Yeah cos whales brains being so massive means they can do quantum mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The fact a male invented Ann Summers proves women are smarter. He invented a company making sex toys easily accessible to women and rendered men unnecessary :p
    The man was a genius, he conned loads of women into thinking they were buying from a female owned company, and so it was suddenly OK to have a **** with a bit of machinery. If the shop was called sleazy dave's you would not have any women in it. And imagine what women would think of men who had "Alan Summers" parties in their houses, f**king degenerate perverts, but female masturbation is all a bit of a joke and not filthy at all. Amazing marketing scam. All you have to do is slap on a wig and contact oprah about your business and you will get loads of idiots buying from you for the sole reason that you appear to be female. Just look like females will often vote for "one of their own", regardless of how good they are, girl power bullsh!t.

God rendered both men & women unnecessary when he invented hands, that guy then conned women into thinking using hands was dirty and they have to buy his overpriced toys, more genius that god...
    Right: a few inventions by women:

Windscreen wipers
    Agpar test to test newborn baby's health
    Electric hot water heater
    Fire escapes
    Kevlar - the steel-like fibre used in bullet proof vests and crash helmets
    Life rafts
    Medical syringe
    Rotary engine
    Engine muffler
    Yes, a few, any more? or is that it, I remember this question ask to us by a raging feminist type in college, and another girl saying "so all the worthy inventions by women can by counted on your fingers? jesus we better get a move on"

Whenever you hear women moaning about products you will often hear "jesus, some man invented this" or some other such inference about all inventors being men, seemingly slagging men but completely missing the irony of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

and who'd win in a fight, Anne Frank or Gandhi.

Easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    Is mr Dildo gonna fix your car??

Mine does. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Most rock/metal musicians (clearly the best genre of music) are male, so gotta be the men :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

The-Rigger wrote: »
    But we are not.

If you are struggling with the concept midlandmissus, I'm sure your husband will try to explain it to you.

I can't interrupt him. I'm immersed in my work in physics while he is in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

rubadub wrote: »
    If the shop was called sleazy dave's you would not have any women in it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Jesus loves us all in equal amounts.

Jesus was a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

What about Nikola there. Fair play to her.

LOL
    Alberta Einstein and Stephanie Hawking- another couple of chicks right there. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I can't interrupt him. I'm immersed in my work in physics while he is in the kitchen.

The physics behind ironing is the liquid-glass transition. When the fabric is heated above this transition, the fibers become mobile so that the weight of the iron can impose onto them a preferred orientation.

:D

The man was a genius, he conned loads of women into thinking they were buying from a female owned company, and so it was suddenly OK to have a **** with a bit of machinery. If the shop was called sleazy dave's you would not have any women in it. And imagine what women would think of men who had "Alan Summers" parties in their houses, f**king degenerate perverts, but female masturbation is all a bit of a joke and not filthy at all. Amazing marketing scam. All you have to do is slap on a wig and contact oprah about your business and you will get loads of idiots buying from you for the sole reason that you appear to be female. Just look like females will often vote for "one of their own", regardless of how good they are, girl power bullsh!t.

God rendered both men & women unnecessary when he invented hands, that guy then conned women into thinking using hands was dirty and they have to buy his overpriced toys, more genius that god...

Yes, a few, any more? or is that it, I remember this question ask to us by a raging feminist type in college, and another girl saying "so all the worthy inventions by women can by counted on your fingers? jesus we better get a move on"

Whenever you hear women moaning about products you will often hear "jesus, some man invented this" or some other such inference about all inventors being men, seemingly slagging men but completely missing the irony of this!

Yes such a genius that he invented something that could replace men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

My initial reaction to the thread was "who the hell cares"

Then again, I'm posting in it so the joke is on me.

I agree with you.I am male and honestly couldnt have pleaded for a better sex...but I have a sister and a mum that I really think are way smarter that my brothers and sometimes my dad.
    I think if the post is for fun or just a panacea for beer/spirits ...nice one...but in reality there is absolutely anyway to tell.

Men think women are irrational and irritable.
    Women think men are idiots and only think with one organ of their body.

Men are generally physically stronger than women and women are mentally stronger..reason why men beat their wives and the women file for divorce and take custody of the kids and take half of what the men earn.

Personally me thinks it depends on personality and enviromental factors and most importantly opportunity.That would explain why Margaret T was a formidable force and John major a farce and also why apparently Hillary seems to be wiser than Bill and never became president.

Yeah cos whales brains being so massive means they can do quantum mechanics.

Indeed a great comparison because of course whales have the same brain structure as us, sure one said hello to me the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes such a genius that he invented something that could replace men
    Men could already be replaced (as could women), you had hands, he cashed in telling you that was dirty. And men cannot be replaced, who would operate the heavy machinery in the dildo factories? Who would drill for the diesel needed to power the Super-Hysterectomator III

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

procure11 wrote: »
    Men are generally physically stronger than women and women are mentally stronger..reason why men beat their wives and the women file for divorce and take custody of the kids and take half of what the men earn.
    I would disagree with you here; I don't believe one sex is mentally stronger than the other.
    Personally me thinks it depends on personality and enviromental factors and most importantly opportunity.That would explain why Margaret T was a formidable force and John major a farce and also why apparently Hillary seems to be wiser than Bill and never became president.
    I think personality etc is the most important.
    I don't think female politicians are any more or less capable than me.
    For every Hillary Clinton or Constance Marciewicz you get an Oxley Moron or Mary Leahy.

Men could already be replaced (as could women), you had hands, he cashed in telling you that was dirty. And men cannot be replaced, who would operate the heavy machinery in the dildo factories? Who would drill for the diesel needed to power the Super-Hysterectomator III

Actually you're quite wrong about Ann Summers anyway. It wasn't a success at all until Jacqueline Gould took over as Chief Executive, and turned the company into a multi-million pound business. She has made all the decisions since 1987, so how is a man telling us that we are....what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I don't think female politicians are any more or less capable than me.
    For every Hillary Clinton or Constance Marciewicz you get an Oxley Moron or Mary Leahy.

Ah female politicians...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

Men getting an ego boost by there being so many male geniuses, as if that is somehow reflective of themselves. Is the same as an overweight American getting an ego boost because he see's Michael Phelps achievement as his own.

cjbh wrote: »
    Studies have shown that, on average, men have an IQ that is 4 points higher than women.

(I can post a source if requested).

Women tend to do better in school because they mature faster than boys. However, boys catch up later in life and that is why they outperform girls in the workplace.

4 points in IQ is not huge by any means, (there are bigger racial differences which are kept hushed for obvious reasons), so for simplicity sake, it is fair to say that men and women are equal in intelligence.

But if anyone is more intelligent, it is definitely men :p

Studies have also shown that a lot of men despite those anectodal claims of higher IQs ...loose all their supposed intelligence at the sight of far less knowledgable/intelligent women...then tell me who is Brainer at the end of the day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Men are definitely the most trust worthy anyway. I just can't trust something which bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

Studies have also shown

I stopped reading there. :pac:

I stopped reading there. :pac:

Pedantic you are Rigger...:pac:
    Its not a thesis submission....read the whole post and comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Ridiculous and unecessary post really!!

We are all human beings ...we have our differences.Plus male /female is not as clearcut as it used to be.

Imoh ...
    Women are brighter than men in some things and vice-versa but I percieve men to be generally a bit brainer...

but saying that... only nil of them would not have been born of a woman...simple and case closed.

Also means:
    all of them would have been born regardless.

:pac:

andrew wrote: »
    Men are definitely the most trust worthy anyway. I just can't trust something which bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

I know, I know, you can't understand our super powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

deco05ie wrote: »
    Men getting an ego boost by there being so many male geniuses, as if that is somehow reflective of themselves. Is the same as an overweight American getting an ego boost because he see's Michael Phelps achievement as his own.

Maybe men have every right to be proud of their gender? You on the other hand appear to be a product or believer of this society we live in, where its repeatedly imprinted upon your mind that "girls are smart, boys are stupid" "girls have feelings, boys don't". It seems more and more these days that if you are a young aged male of any description, the odds are completely stacked against you. You crash cars and kill women, you're too stupid to use a cleaning product, you're an object there to be laughed at and ridiculed by the kind of women who consider a pair of ugly ****ing shoes to be the most valuble possesion they can have in the world.

Its sickening to watch and even sicker to try and comprehend. Why try and judge or pigeon hole someone into a category when you don't even know anything at all about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

andrew wrote: »

I don't trust anything that so blatantly lifts a joke from a movie. (Yup, I distrust the entire internet :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ahara

I think that mens is way brainier than wot wimmins is cos men invented all the really good things like trees and fire and Supermacs and the only things wimmins can make is cakes cos their mammies showed them how to when they were lickle babies.

Advertisement