Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos the brainiest, men or women???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    Is mr Dildo gonna fix your car??

Sure thing - and when it's repaired, he'll give you the ride of your live! :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Average intelligence is roughly the same for both, with higher standard deviation for men AFAIK.

So they're roughly the same, most geniuses are men, but so are most retards.

EDIT: Oh yeah there's the usual argument about whatever methods they used to measure intelligence being somehow biased in this, by both sides. But no-one cares about these whiners.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'll look it up. What have men invented lately?

Ann Summers.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Ann Summers:

The company was named after the female secretary (Annice Summers) of the male founder (Caborn Waterfield)

:D

Source

Oh, damn!
    :(

How did you discover that? Sneaky look at the website?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Ann Summers.

Kinda shot themselves in the foot with that one, didn't they!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

strongr wrote: »
    The only thing this thread will prove is that there's more men on boards then women!

I was genuinely gonna reply saying "and men are much stronger etc etc"......then I spotted your name.

Spooked me it did. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Men and women have different strengths and weaknesses. Men are generally better at formal logic and women have in general better memory. Men have better abstract thought, but women are better a multi-tasking. It's due to the role each sex fulfilled during our evolution. Men were the hunter gatherers and women were the home makers and child raisers. Men concentrated on a single task, catching and gathering food. Women dealt with many different tasks, from preparing food to maintaining shelter and looking after children.

Just thinking the same!

The fact a male invented Ann Summers proves women are smarter. He invented a company making sex toys easily accessible to women and rendered men unnecessary :p

Just thinking the same!

The fact a male invented Ann Summers proves women are smarter. He invented a company making sex toys easily accessible to women and rendered men unnecessary :p

Ah cmon now girls, you're smarter than that. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Why did this have to descend into dildo talk?

• Advertisement

Right: a few inventions by women:

Windscreen wipers
    Agpar test to test newborn baby's health
    Electric hot water heater
    Fire escapes
    Kevlar - the steel-like fibre used in bullet proof vests and crash helmets
    Life rafts
    Medical syringe
    Rotary engine
    Engine muffler

Because this is AH.

And everyone knows that there'll never be a conclusive answer to the question "Who is smarter, men or women?"

There are smart men, there are smart women. There are stupid men, there are stupid women. That's all there is to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Because women started posting. Sure, it's all they think about isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

Ridiculous and unecessary post really!!

We are all human beings ...we have our differences.Plus male /female is not as clearcut as it used to be.

Imoh ...
    Women are brighter than men in some things and vice-versa but I percieve men to be generally a bit brainer...

but saying that... only nil of them would not have been born of a woman...simple and case closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Open a can of worms here and say men...... BY MILES:D
    only one person in Ireland to get 9 A1s i the leaving cert, 1-0 to the boys:cool:

thats funny because a girl in my year in 04 got 9 a1s so its 1-1 smartass

Because this is AH.

And everyone knows that there'll never be a conclusive answer to the question "Who is smarter, men or women?"

There are smart men, there are smart women. There are stupid men, there are stupid women. That's all there is to it!

:D I'll get in to it so

Haha yeah if men weren't so crap we'd be talking about COCK

But sure men invented them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Just thinking the same!

Can dildos give hugs? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Studies have shown that, on average, men have an IQ that is 4 points higher than women.

(I can post a source if requested).

Women tend to do better in school because they mature faster than boys. However, boys catch up later in life and that is why they outperform girls in the workplace.

4 points in IQ is not huge by any means, (there are bigger racial differences which are kept hushed for obvious reasons), so for simplicity sake, it is fair to say that men and women are equal in intelligence.

But if anyone is more intelligent, it is definitely men :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Haha yeah if men weren't so crap we'd be talking about COCK

We're too busy out inventing things and being general geniuses to entertain your earthly wants. Which is why, as midlandmissus rightfully points out, we invented something for you to entertain yourselves with.

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    Can dildos give hugs? ;)

I'm pretty sure the rampant rabbit version 8.0 deluxe supreme will be able to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Men are smart but women are nice and lovely with nice curves which beats high IQ anyday in my book!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

My initial reaction to the thread was "who the hell cares"

Then again, I'm posting in it so the joke is on me.

cjbh wrote: »
    Studies have shown that, on average, men have an IQ that is 4 points higher than women.

(I can post a source if requested).

Women tend to do better in school because they mature faster than boys. However, boys catch up later in life and that is why they outperform girls in the workplace.

4 points in IQ is not huge by any means, (there are bigger racial differences which are kept hushed for obvious reasons), so for simplicity sake, it is fair to say that men and women are equal in intelligence.

But if anyone is more intelligent, it is definitely men :p

No.This four points takes into account that men are bigger and therefore have bigger brains. On a scale where we would have exactly the same size brains, we would be the same.

Can dildos give hugs? ;)

Can men have a ....... never mind.

We're too busy out inventing things and being general geniuses to entertain your earthly wants. Which is why, as midlandmissus rightfully points out, we invented something for you to entertain yourselves with.

What an elaborate cover story.

No.This four points takes into account that men are bigger and therefore have bigger brains. On a scale where we would have exactly the same size brains, we would be the same.

But we are not.

If you are struggling with the concept midlandmissus, I'm sure your husband will try to explain it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I'm pretty sure the rampant rabbit version 8.0 deluxe supreme will be able to!

God...we think of everything!

Now if only we could invent a mute button for wimmens!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Boys are lovely so they are. And girls have lovely bottoms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

God...we think of everything!

Now if only we could invent a mute button for wimmens!

I thougth ye had that inbuilt - seeing as ye don't actually listen to us

Advertisement