Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were told we ain't alone...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

i'd totally retreat to second life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I'd say:

"Lol, pwned."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

bleeding aliens coming to our planet taking our jobs&women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

i would just get on wife life as if nothing happened

freudian slip?(u married?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

There is no way were are 'alone'.

I think it would be pretty cool if they actually came out and said it, I'd just hope they didn't want to kill us all and steal our planet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLni3wbndls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

If they offer a good healthcare service I will warmly welcome our new overlords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

CaraFawn wrote: »
    What would be your reaction if you were told by governments leaders we ain't alone in the universe and that we have been visited and studied for many milenium and that our military capabilities are regularly reviewed/assessed and finally that those visitors intentions are unknown.

This is a genuine question, so just imagine this is real and try to explain what would you do or think.

oh holy jesus

is there not an alien forum here??

you sould like my fella. Alien this and alien that. I bet he is a fuking alien!!

in ans to your q- aliens terrify me- so id prob lose my life and go nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    If they offer a good healthcare service I will warmly welcome our new overlords.

Wait it out, they've tried to beam her up but it didn't work out. They've called for reinforcements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Abigayle wrote: »
    Wait it out, they've tried to beam her up but it didn't work out. They've called for reinforcements.

*sniggerz*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

well they can just GEEEEEEEEEET out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

I wouldn't be scared because if they were observing us for years and hadn't done any harm then theres no real reason to feel frightened. I'd be curious about there life form,where the come from,how they talk,what they think of us..etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,991 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Dankoozy wrote: »
    if Biffo Cowen tried to tell me there were aliens I'd send him back to the pub

I'd find his space-ship and send him back to the planet Arsehole, then I'd go to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'd take advantage of the mass panic and start a tinfoil-hat-making business. I'd have a penthouse in NYC by Monday.

Just like someone in whatever company makes the swine flu vaccine is probably sleeping on a mattress of money tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I'd want proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The chance of other life in space is pretty high. Think of all the solar systems and all the planets. There just has to be life. Be it more advanced than us or simple creatures.

I would be afraid, as I would know next to nothing about them. I would be more afraid of what our lunatic leaders would try to do to them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i dont really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

i dont really care.
    Yeah. If aliens landed on our planet I wouldn't even watch it on the news. I'd just play my Xbox and wonder why everybody is getting so worked up about a few poxy aliens with their faster-than-light spaceship and their new fangled technology.

Probably just here to eat our swans.

Yeah. If aliens landed on our planet I wouldn't even watch it on the news. I'd just play my Xbox and wonder why everybody is getting so worked up about a few poxy aliens with their faster-than-light spaceship and their new fangled technology.

Probably just here to eat our swans.

yep and im going to see benefit in my life in 2 days after the aliens have landed ? nt really but to be honest i still rather go snowboarding thats much more fun...

aliens meh Im searching for unkle yeti :cool:now that I would be very interested to see :)

aliens meh Im searching for unkle yeti :cool:now that I would be very interested to see :)

Good luck with that.

• Advertisement

Good luck with that.

:rolleyes:

did you get sand in your forskin or are you just another alien crazy person ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Super_Johnson

Wouldnt care really...as long as i still have playstation ill be ok

:rolleyes:

did you get sand in your forskin or are you just another alien crazy person ?

I don't know, my foreskin is in a jar somewhere in Cork University Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

they would easily never tell you that. when ever life visits earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

Aliens are here eh?
    Why the hell would they bother with a backwater world such as this?

We're the galactic equivalent of some island in the south pacific. Very nice to visit occasionally and we might even consider a holiday home there (if we have the money) but in general we don't really matter in the great scheme of things.

Riv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

The day after they arrived Gormley would hit 'em with a carbon tax on account of the effect of their spaceship exhausts on global warming. Biffo would try to pursuade them to join FF and say "yes" to Lisbon. The rest of the government would remain blissfully unaware that anything had happened. A section of the general public would blame the Brits, while the news media would say that it was all a FF dodge to bury bad news about the economy/health service. Tesco would put up signs in their stores saying "Alien spoken here" and would open a alien food section. The rest of the population would simply ignore them until they got completely dispirited and decided to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I'd want to learn about their history and culture
    most of all. How they developed their tech (similar to our development or not?).

Isn't there a new TV show remake of V coming out?

Anyway I'd be hope for a trek-like scenario rather than a stargate-like scenario. It'd suck if the galaxy was a violent mess with conquerors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

i would just get on wife...

Ah yeah how bad...

OT, I reckon that there could easily be life elsewhere.. I mean Leitrim c'mon who'd of thought!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

If there are aliens watching our civilisation progress, they could step in at some point when we become a nuisance/threat to them.

We are still a very violent species, with ongoing wars worldwide and an uneven distribution of wealth and resources.
    Nowhere near "grown up"/evolved to meet the alien neighbours yet.

So if there are any aliens overseeing us, it's probably to make sure we stay in our own solar system and not spread like a virus due to poor population control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I wouldn't be too sursprised to be honest , anyone who has looked into the universe at all will see that the likelyhood of us being the only intelligent life in it is very unlikely, much more likey that the distance is what has kept anyone from contacting each other, but I believe there is definatly more life forms in other Galaxys...has to be.

Advertisement