Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were told we ain't alone...

Options
  • 12-08-2009 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

What would be your reaction if you were told by governments leaders we ain't alone in the universe and that we have been visited and studied for many milenium and that our military capabilities are regularly reviewed/assessed and finally that those visitors intentions are unknown.

This is a genuine question, so just imagine this is real and try to explain what would you do or think.

[URL="file://///192.168.1.60/Downloads/Garmin%20unlock%201.5%20final"][/URL]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

What dimension are we talking about?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i would just get on wife life as if nothing happened

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

CaraFawn wrote: »
    What would be your reaction if you were told by governments leaders we ain't alone in the universe and that we have been visited and studied for many milenium and that our military capabilities are regularly reviewed/assessed and finally that those visitors intentions are unknown.

This is a genuine question, so just imagine this is real and try to explain what would you do or think.
    lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

galwayrush wrote: »
    What dimension are we talking about?;)

I don't know mate, up to you. What do you think you would do in your life, straight away. Would you change anything?

Some are saying Chaos would rise on earth and that societies will collapse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I don't believe in aliens so I will just go on boards and try to convince other people aliens don't exist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'd photoshop a rofl-cat picture that said "Oh hai alien stalkerrrs!" and post it on Boards.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

This is a genuine question,

Not really, it doesn't have a question mark.

Dankoozy wrote: »
    I don't believe in aliens so I will just go on boards and try to convince other people aliens don't exist

Yes but your leader just announced on TV and radio, worldwide, that they are here.
    So, you would have no choice to admit they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Not really, it doesn't have a question mark.

He's got you there CaraFawn. No aliens for you I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Schism wrote: »
    He's got you there CaraFawn. No aliens for you I'm afraid.

Let's move on.
    I am sure you guys can do better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yes but your leader just announced on TV and radio, worldwide, that they are here.
    OMG its Harvey Norman isnt it?

Seriously, even if we're not alone, if some type of alien lived somewhere around the nearest possible star that may have a planetary system, assume he can travel at the speed of light ( which will really mess up things) it would take said being tens of thousands of light years to get here so why would they bother.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I'd be glad that there's intelligent life somewhere in the universe. (including us, obviously :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Kiera wrote: »
    OMG its Harvey Norman isnt it?

HARVEY NORMAN SUPER STORES! HALF PRICE ALIEN INVASION SALE! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

i would just get on wife life as if nothing happened

Id get on your wife too

I tried

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Wouldn't mind personally.

Religious nutcases people on the other hand will probably turn inside out at the revelation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If that happened I'd have to start frequenting the CT forum as I'd be a non-believer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

bronte wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

You know you've spent too much time in AH when you read that as incest first :o

• Advertisement

galwayrush wrote: »
    Seriously, even if we're not alone, if some type of alien lived somewhere around the nearest possible star that may have a planetary system, assume he can travel at the speed of light ( which will really mess up things) it would take said being tens of thousands of light years to get here so why would they bother.

Let say time does not matter since they can warp it.

So they would be fully able to travel billion of light years in a blink of an eye.

Let say time does not matter since they can warp it.

So they would be fully able to travel billion of light years in a blink of an eye.

Which possibly means travelling in another dimension.;)
    Time being our 4th dimension, so it would require a higher dimension to transverse it.
    If it happened, i would probably ask whoever i met, how the **** do i get back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

My first two questions would be ' what kept you lot and what's your place like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

*Insert mildly amusing alien sceptic joke here*

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭suspectdevice

i wouldn't believe them - even if they did exist out there somewhere, we aint never going there and they aint never coming here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mr.Obvious

I'd find a picture of them and be the first person to rule34 their asses (or whatever their equivalent is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

So dinosaurs evolved on your planet and mammals are extinct? Cool.
    How do you wipe your bum with those little arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

light years are not a measurement of time, go find a real problem or document the one you have properly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

if Biffo Cowen tried to tell me there were aliens I'd send him back to the pub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I'd waltz on over to the Creationist crowd and laugh.
    Then I'd become a scientologist.

Advertisement