Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community [US] **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Just finished the season finale (possibly series?). Some good laughs, especially with Chang and there is an honest account on where the show stands. It is made clear that a very prominent question lies before the writers should they be renewed: what would the circumstances be for all of the characters? How can they realistically keep the students there for yet another year without repeating previous storylines?

I think nostalgia is the primary driving force right now. When a show becomes nostalgic it should end. It shouldn't be reminiscing when it should be driving forward along a clear and defined path. I hope there will be a movie; perhaps an alumni-type get together years later?

I will always remember Community fondly - it was something fresh and genuinely funny - but looking back on the entire series, I think it ended with the season 3 finale. If Harmon hadn't been replaced for season 4, maybe he could have continued with the momentum he had gained from the success of the previous 3 and given a solid conclusion to the whole series.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Falthyron wrote: »
    Just finished the season finale (possibly series?). Some good laughs, especially with Chang and there is an honest account on where the show stands. It is made clear that a very prominent question lies before the writers should they be renewed: what would the circumstances be for all of the characters? How can they realistically keep the students there for yet another year without repeating previous storylines?

I think nostalgia is the primary driving force right now. When a show becomes nostalgic it should end. It shouldn't be reminiscing when it should be driving forward along a clear and defined path. I hope there will be a movie; perhaps an alumni-type get together years later?

I will always remember Community fondly - it was something fresh and genuinely funny - but looking back on the entire series, I think it ended with the season 3 finale. If Harmon hadn't been replaced for season 4, maybe he could have continued with the momentum he had gained from the success of the previous 3 and given a solid conclusion to the whole series.

c18.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That finale was so meta it hurt; the tag at the end, as with many of them in season 6, just took a funny joke too far. I'd like to see the show retire now, it felt like even the script was admitting it didn't know how to keep the wheels spinning. Some ideas just run out of steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

That episode punched me right in the feels ;____________;

The end tag was a bit "what the ****?" but the bit at the end was Dan Harmon's way of saying how he felt, and I guess that's community.

JEFF AND ANNIE, I CRIED <33333

Although this season (and every season tbh) has been a bit patchy, it's Community, and it'll always be my favourite show. If this is the last ever episode it's okay.

Still going to hold out for the #andamovie though! Troy needs to come back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

[...]

Still going to hold out for the #andamovie though! Troy needs to come back.

Here's a total guess at a possible movie plotline: Greendale's facing demolition - probably at the hands of City College - and Jeff has to get the old crew back together for One Last Job. Abed would no doubt have a field-day pointing out all the tropes of the One Last Job plotline, it would fit into the standard set of plots used by TV shows adapated to film, allowing the script to play around with that cliché. Maybe throw in some cameos of Elroy, Prof. Duncan helping the original cast and bingo, everyone gets to go out on a high

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Elroy would need to be more than a cameo. He was one of the saving graces of this season.
    I'd like Chevy chase to come back as well as city colleges financier or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I loved Dan Harmon bit at the end, referencing Chuck Lorre (who, if you listen to his podcast Harmontown, you will realise he has little time for)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

The finale was so perfect but very bitter-sweet.
    I'm so happy that Jeff and Annie FINALLY got some closure, but it hurt so bad!

alroley wrote: »
    The finale was so perfect but very bitter-sweet.
    I'm so happy that Jeff and Annie FINALLY got some closure, but it hurt so bad!

I'm optimistic about it. I think the ending fit both characters well - Annie needs to be her own person outside the group and go her own way, and Jeff needs to learn how to be comfortable with himself on his own. But I think that whatever happens, Jeff and Annie will circle back to each other. Hopefully we'll see that in the movie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I really was not ready for that, great finale and ill keep hoping for #andamovie

Anyone else a little taken aback by the two f-bombs that were dropped into the script? Guess that was Harmon taking advantage of an online channel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm totally happysad about the whole thing. I admit I agree it wasn't their strongest season, but I don't want to let go! If that is indeed the series finale, I'm glad they went out the way they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Must catch up with this. I have to admit that I haven't watched any of this season yet.

This thread tells me that it's patchy, but the good stuff is worth the slog.

I liked the vast majority of season 6. There was only 1 or 2 I didn't find that great.

I'd definitely rank it above seasons 4 & 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Right in the feels!

Even getting semi Harmontown at the end there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I'll post my thoughts on the season and the finale when I get a spare ten mins but for now I'll just leave this here.

(Edit, image is huge so I'll just leave the link)

https://i.imgur.com/HIzKhd8.jpg

Well it appears that #AndAMovie is pretty much a go, the just need to make it official. But also, Yahoo want to do more episodes apparently...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s222/community/news/a650868/yahoo-hints-at-more-community-episodes-stay-tuned.html#~peGzAG7JAEot4L

If they do more, it needs to be more Hit and less Miss than Season 6 was. It definitely had its great moments, but it needs a bit more umph going forward...

I don't think another season would be a good idea. A movie should be enough to end it now.
    I really don't think some of the cast would stick around for a whole other season anyway.
    It would probably just be "The Greendale 2" (Jeff and Britta)

Yeah I'd say Danny Pudi and Allison Brie are definitely gone after this season. And possibly Ken Jeong.

Jeff and Bitta are my favourite characters, but even I would find watching the show with just them difficult.

• Advertisement

I love Jeff and Britta, and love their chemistry when they get plots together, but losing Annie and Abed would be too much.

I think Alison and Danny would stay for a movie though :)
    (and I hope Donald would come back.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I've seen a few people speculate that Ken Jeong won't be back but didnt he say in an interview with variety recently that he'd never leave Community.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I've seen a few people speculate that Ken Jeong won't be back but didnt he say in an interview with variety recently that he'd never leave Community.
    ** cough **
    Basq wrote: »
    I remember reading an interview with Ken Jeong saying he loved the show so much that he'd never leave..

.. he's obviously seen the massive decline in quality this season also!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pz9fe

A little bit of info on the future of community here

Is it worth watching series 6? I watched the first two episodes and found them amongst the worst TV I had seen in many a year, it all just felt so bland and boring without a single decent laugh to be found.

Is it worth watching series 6? I watched the first two episodes and found them amongst the worst TV I had seen in many a year, it all just felt so bland and boring without a single decent laugh to be found.

I honestly thought it was so much better than seasons 4 & 5, but I definitely wouldn't consider the first 2 episodes some of the worst tv :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

alroley wrote: »
    I honestly thought it was so much better than seasons 4 & 5, but I definitely wouldn't consider the first 2 episodes some of the worst tv :/

I prefer 5 to 6. There were times during 6 where I genuinely thought "they really need to fix that gas leak". But there were definitely really good episodes, including the last two.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I prefer 5 to 6. There were times during 6 where I genuinely thought "they really need to fix that gas leak". But there were definitely really good episodes, including the last two.

There were a few "off" episodes in 6, but by the time we reached the middle of seasons 4 & 5 I wanted to stop watching, and that didn't happen this time.

Season 5 was much better than Season 6. Neither are anywhere near as bad as Season 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

^ this is spot on

Advertisement