Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community [US] **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,818 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    And where was Chang in this episode? Barely in the last one either.
    I remember reading an interview with Ken Jeong saying he loved the show so much that he'd never leave..

.. he's obviously seen the massive decline in quality this season also!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, is that a trailer for a real show? It's so ... horrible. It's like something you make when trying to mock American sitcoms.

Latest Community episode? As dull and unfunny as the rest of the series. *shrug* Only three episodes so I'll stay the course, but if this is the standard Yahoo are starting with, I don't see it hanging around too long. Maybe Netflix was the better station; I wonder why they didn't touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

With Ken Jeong and Gillian Jacobs both having new shows picked up elsewhere, another season seems even more unlikely. I think Paget Brewster is also attached to another project now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Just discovered Dean Pelton has his own IMDB page.

As an actor. :eek:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2256315/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I'm rewatching season 2 at the moment and just after seeing the latest one. It was awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

As bad as that new Ken Jeong show looks (and it looks dreadful) it will still be better than the most recent episode of Community.

That was absolute dirt. It's the worst episode I can recall.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Please tell me that Dr Ken thing is a joke.

Unfortunately Dr Ken is very much real..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It does look terrible but essence it seems to be the Chang show with canned laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Looks real

But hasn't been picked up yet

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭threebagsfull

Dr. Ken looks awful. His stand up was amazing and he's brilliant in this - why would he allow this to happen?

ads20101 wrote: »
    Looks real

But hasn't been picked up yet

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Ken
    Oh, it has indeed!

Friday's at 8.30pm on NBC
    Dr. Ken looks awful. His stand up was amazing and he's brilliant in this - why would he allow this to happen?
    stock-photo-heap-of-dollars-money-background-69095458.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Basq wrote: »
    Oh, it has indeed!

Friday's at 8.30pm on NBC

Correct, except that it's on ABC, not NBC.

Correct, except that it's on ABC, not NBC.
    tumblr_lg4xq6W24R1qbwdexo1_400.gif

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

This week's episode is
    a paintball one. I am not looking forward to it one bit. So sick of paintball, it shouldn't have been brought back after season 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well season 6 has retread a lot of old ground, stands to reason they'd dredge up the paintball again; to be fair it was a funny enough episode with some decent lines, and it was certainly nice to see a full, populated Greendale, with other students and multiple locations. A stronger, more vibrant episode than last weeks dirge.

It was really dull, and even though they used Gareth and Todd, it just wasn't funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Some of the episode was good and well done, but a lot of it was just dumb.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Well what do you know, that was actually a very funny episode. Minimum Abed exposure may have helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

That was pretty funny.
    Some of the early exchanges between Annie, Abed & Britta in the first half were great.
    First half was definitely stronger than second, but Elroy's relapse at the wedding was pure gold.

• Advertisement

"My name is Elroy Patashnik, and from 2000 to 2009, I was addicted to encouraging white people"

Funny episode to be fair, eventually; I was wondering where it was going, but that tag at the end was just ... weird.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

pixelburp wrote: »
    "My name is Elroy Patashnik, and from 2000 to 2009, I was addicted to encouraging white people"

Funny episode to be fair, eventually; I was wondering where it was going, but that tag at the end was just ... weird.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. The message at the end was rather unusual alright. I really like how Chang saved the day also.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Decent episode this week. I'll remember the "Lost Lover" segment for a long time.

pixelburp wrote: »
    but that tag at the end was just ... weird.

I have to say, before that, I was thinking that if they're first cousins, it's not actually that bad (I'd heard it's more risky to marry your second cousin?), so it was kind of funny to see the message.

Britta's impression of Garrett was good and I liked the missing person footage of Annie. Elroy can sing!

The weird endings were a novelty at the start, but they're really starting to grate on me. The one with the giant watch a few weeks ago was possibly the worst few minutes of a Community episode ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

That was a much better episode.

In case anyone else was confused, to 'Jim' the camera is a reference to the US Office.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    In case anyone else was confused, to 'Jim' the camera is a reference to the US Office.

Thanks, I was wondering about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

It wasn't quite classic Community but it was a very good episode. I liked the end tag - I think they've been the best things this season.

That was Dan Harmon's wife playing Garrett's bride.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the bit at the end of last week when Garrett was pretending to be a stream of consciousness comic was brilliant, he is very good.

• Advertisement

Garrett is just amazing, always.

The last two episodes have been pretty good (yes, I even liked the paintball one, but think having Kumail Nanjiani in it helped a lot). Chang's Winger speech at the end to bring it all home was great.

Is it just me or are they really playing up the fact that Jeff seems to have a drinking problem? He also seemed ridiculously manic at some points in the latest episode. I feel a breakdown coming on for the season finale.

Advertisement