Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad LC

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

RobertM wrote: »
    just wanted to ask you, as i`m not convinced, I've looked up my results on the website, because I didn't get a chance to go today in school. so the question:

Do the marks on the website include the marks of the projects as well, or only the papers ?

I would say they would definitely include projects as these are your final total marks. You should get a recheck done. You have nothing to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

pathway33 wrote: »
    I would say they would definitely include projects as these are your final total marks. You should get a recheck done. You have nothing to lose

EDIT: I meant 'viewing' of course, rather than recheck. If you get a recheck you may lose money (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

RobertM wrote: »
    140 points. i feel like a total retard right now

Hi RobertM,

I just wanted to add my two cents to this.

Firstly, I wouldn't think that for a minute, fair play to you for sticking with it - many don't and give up. You deserve praise for that.

Secondly, the leaving cert is BY NO MEANS a true measure of a persons intelligence. You could ace the leaving if memorising books comes easy to you, which to me it didn't. I had a friend who always wanted to better me, and in the end, he did. When we got our results last year, he was delighted to find out that he "beat me" as he put it. He had been to the gaeltacht numerous times, and still I would get a better mark in irish assessments throughout 5th and 6th year..but in the end, he scored higher than me in Irish because he memorised sheets and sheets of material off by heart.

To me, the leaving was something that had to be done, and in no way do I take those points as a measure of how smart/intelligent I am. If anything, it helps me work harder...so if you can, take those 140 points, and build on them - if you do, in years you'll look back and see how far you've come..

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Just thought I'd add to this. I did my leaving cert over 6 years ago and i cried for the week that i got results.

I thought my life was over.

I thought I was stupid.

I ended up doing my 10th choice in the CAO.

I couldn't be happier now. People make way too much about the LC and it really doesn't measure intellegience in a real way that will benefit you in life. I got firsts in both my hons degree and postgrad.

If you haven't got what you want, don't feel bad, know there is a future and these things happen for a reason. (I havecountless amazing things that wouldn't have happened if i got my first choice)

Just thought i'd share incase even one person finds solace in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Anyone that says PLCs are dead need their head checked in my opinion. I don't know what your career guidance teacher based that one on. My cousin failed maths in his Leaving. Unfortunately for him we did it the same year so it poor but went back to do a PLC and attended the repeat maths class in that same school for 2 hours each Weds afternoon. Most PLC centres run them. He did the PLC, went on to do engineering, set up his own firm and now employees electricians, plasterers, builders, painters, plumbers and loads of other tradesmen. Despite the downturn in the economy is still the most successful businessman I know personally. Always says the knock did him the world of good. Things will work out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Ailteoir

I only got 155, dont know what i am doing now

• Registered Users Posts: 24,010 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ateam wrote: »
    Maybe try get a job or emigrate having got 140 points - that's pretty awful. Perhaps academia isn't for you.

Absolutely disgraceful and totally insensitive comment. I'm glad that all of my kids got good LC marks over the years, and didn't have to put up with this kind of remark from someone who should really know better.

Advertisement