Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets get smashed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Went out for a quiet evening with the gf at the time.

Went out that weekend with the lads. It was business as usual for us though, we were all well versed in the arts of drinking at that stage and so weren't falling around the place that much. (Well no more than normal anyway :P)

Edit :
    DigiGal wrote: »
    I got 550 like

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

the whole year went out together for drinks and talked about the funny things that happened throughout our school days.The last time we were all together,seems like a lifetime ago now.

I did the same, it was a great night, so long ago and not seen many of them since then, ah thems were the days!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bought new stone-washed jeans and a ski jumper. Singed on. Emigrated. Taught my kids to use the correct knife and fork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

My advice, steer clear of pubs and clubs, get some friends together for a house party, fancy dress, booze, BBQ, proper shots, u control the music - happy days! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm a bit old to be hanging around in parks and I don't think my boyfriend of 6 years would be happy with that tbh.
    I have more respect for myself than to get drunk and rode by some loser in a park,
    I got 550 like

You failed humour though, didn't you? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My plan now seems to be aisling(",) staying in tonight.
    the joys of not doing that well
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I'm off to a house party tonight, most likely will have a bbq thrown in. I don't think I'll have enough money to get smashed tonight but what I have will definitely put me in a lovely mood. Not going near town tonight, stilettos and mini skirts will be flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You failed humour though, didn't you? ;)
    No, A1

No, A1

Hah! Joke's on you DigiGal there is no humour exam in the Leaving Cert.

Hah! Joke's on you DigiGal there is no humour exam in the Leaving Cert.
    You have to have a sense of humour to get through the bleedin thing in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Limerick city will be mobbed, ireland match on the same night as the leaving cert night..we will deffinately beat cork this year in getting the most amount of arrests! just listen to the radio for it the following morning!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mr.Obvious

Did **** all work for the leaving. Thought I was gonna have to repeat. Got just about what i needed (definitely did not deserve it).

4 of us went to a friends house. Hung around for a bit. Went to the offo, hung around the coast drinking my naggin with coke (around 3pm at this stage). Went back to his house and had another half naggin before heading into town (around 6pm).

We were supposed to see a film but there was nothing really on so we just walked around town and then sat in stephen's green for a while. At about 9 we went to a pub, met up with some people and then went on to a club.

It was a good night, but my fondest memory is of the drinking, catching up and messing about we did beforehand.

Mr.Obvious wrote: »
    Did **** all work for the leaving. Thought I was gonna have to repeat. Got just about what i needed (definitely did not deserve it).

4 of us went to a friends house. Hung around for a bit. Went to the offo, hung around the coast drinking my naggin with coke (around 3pm at this stage). Went back to his house and had another half naggin before heading into town (around 6pm).

We were supposed to see a film but there was nothing really on so we just walked around town and then sat in stephen's green for a while. At about 9 we went to a pub, met up with some people and then went on to a club.

It was a good night, but my fondest memory is of the drinking, catching up and messing about we did beforehand.
    I didn't read that right and thought you said you ha a naggin and did some coke lol

I didn't read that right and thought you said you ha a naggin and did some coke lol

And you with your 550 points and a boyfriend of 6 years. That's shocking stuff, not learning to read right and proper like what us older folk can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mr.Obvious

Nah, I waited till my debs to try that (although i had more than a naggin in me) ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

I was only going on 17 when I got mine about 5 years ago. Made up for it with getting drunk in college :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

That's a toughie, actually can't quite remember. Lots of drinking anyway... Think I went troomsin with pretty much every other leaving cert student in limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I... actually can't remember what the hell I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

I'm a bit old to be hanging around in parks and I don't think my boyfriend of 6 years would be happy with that tbh.
    I have more respect for myself than to get drunk and rode by some loser in a park,
    I got 550 like

Come back here next year after 1st year uni and let us all know how thats goin'!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Drove through Athy and Carlow on my way home from fisting fishing and didn't see anything i wouldn't see on a normal weekend night. I'll go back out later just to make sure everyone is safe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

super-rush wrote: »

What did you do when you got yours?

Revised.

And you with your 550 points and a boyfriend of 6 years. That's shocking stuff, not learning to read right and proper like what us older folk can do.
    Jealousy is a very unattractive feature :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I was 17, went to the pub and club with mates.
    the days when having no ID wasnt a problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Leaving Cert results are out tomorrow, prepare for the hysterical stories in the papers and on the news about rampant teenagers drinking too much and the likes. I know Carlow is going to be messy tomorrow, cops everywhere, drunken 17yr old girls wandering the streets alone.

What did you do when you got yours?

I had work the next morning so i had to wait until the weekend and i went out with a few of the lads. I couldn't have been arsed following the herd to the usual pre arranged parties by pubs/niteclubs.

I was 15 so we couldnt go to the pub :( instead two best friends went into the shop, got a litre of vodka (since they were only 17, that story was also funny), and we split it 3 ways that evening. first time being drunk. great time, very funny :D
    bout 8 years ago, guess they were less strict then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I eh... went for dinner with my family. How tame!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bet you felt grand the next morning though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So did I!!!!!! Thank god I am not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

bluewolf wrote: »
    I was 15 so we couldnt go to the pub :( instead two best friends went into the shop, got a litre of vodka (since they were only 17, that story was also funny), and we split it 3 ways that evening. first time being drunk. great time, very funny :D
    bout 8 years ago, guess they were less strict then

So that means you were 10 when you started secondary school and 2 when you started primary school. Or am i missing something here???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

So that means you were 10 when you started secondary school and 2 when you started primary school. Or am i missing something here???

Rip in the space time continuum?

That explains everything.

• Advertisement

Jealousy is a very unattractive feature :P

It is true. I covet your boyfriend, he's got it going on in a gangly-18 year old boy kinda way. ;)

Advertisement