Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Flashpoint! [MEGAMERGE] **ALL DISCUSSION IN HERE**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Arma 2 is a load of ****ing ****e anyway. Opf2 ill be buying, it dont care if its less realistic than arma 2 because arma 2 is about as much fun as being ****ed by a cactus dipped in tobasco sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

0ubliette wrote: »
    Arma 2 is a load of ****ing ****e anyway. Opf2 ill be buying, it dont care if its less realistic than arma 2 because arma 2 is about as much fun as being ****ed by a cactus dipped in tobasco sauce

excellent

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

arcade and one shot one kill dont go together

They do all the time. What happens in most FPS's when you get a head shot? But it's the look and feel of it that makes it seem too arcade like. I'm really thinking that they have either made a shooter like COD and lowered the players health, or as Captain Chaos said, done something like the Rainbow Six games, where they gutted the original game and made a more accessible game.
    0ubliette wrote: »

So you're saying I'll love it, then? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

AdMMM wrote: »
    Codemasters were merely the publishers, not the developers.

correction. codemasters are also the developers of this game aswell, as they are with most of there games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Thor wrote: »
    correction. codemasters are also the developers of this game aswell, as they are with most of there games

Correction, you took his messsage out of context, that reply was in relation to Damnation which Codemasters published and Blue Omega developed URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnation_%28video_game%29"]link[/URL;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Nedved85 wrote: »

I enjoyed that thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chris14dooley

Have been playing ARMA2 recently (the other one!) and that was a nightmare of bugs & difficult beyond belief but also had moment of sheer brilliance and jaw dropping aweness.....
    As Flashpoint was developed from the same original game but with better software company backing and based on the vids so far (much more refined than ARMA 2 which still had the clunky feel of the original) and also as it was designed as a cross platform game it should deliver more on the awe inspiring moments and less of the keyboard-bashing frustration of ARMA2...

Its a definate 100% buy for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Im really looking forward to this. Any word on online player limit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Im really looking forward to this. Any word on online player limit?

I seem to remember 16 v 16 on Pc and 4 v 4 on console was mentioned that may be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I seem to remember 16 v 16 on Pc and 4 v 4 on console was mentioned that may be wrong though

I read that that 4v4 had 3 AI players for each player.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ilikerashers

Reckon Battlefield:bad company 2 will wipe the floor with this. Don't see flashpoint bringing anything new to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Reckon Battlefield:bad company 2 will wipe the floor with this. Don't see flashpoint bringing anything new to the table.

Havin a laugh yeah, two completely different games.

Flashpoint is trying to cater for what is left of the tactical shooter market.

BC2 is an EA cash in on last years CoD 4 light with vehicles.

Its like comparing Need for Speed to Forza.

haha

You don't know anything about OPF so! Im not saying BF wont be a good game I reckon it will and ill buy it on release day.

BF & CoD are in the same boat(kinda) there both arcadey with differences like vehicles maps and weapons!

OPF is tatical simulation with one huge map.. The only other game I can think of to compare is the RSV series!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Is worth getting the old OF game? Seems like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I was just watching that video posted above, he was saying you will need a vehicle to travel around the island due to the sheer size of the island. I hope it isn't Far Cry 2 all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ilikerashers

Maybe i'm being a bit hasty but I did own the PC version before and remember it being quite slow and dare I say it, boring. Bad company is a bit more arcadey (not quite MW, anyone else have trouble surviving for more that a half second?) but by God it's fun!

I'll get it if its got decent co-op, xbox needs some decent multiplayer games where you're not getting knee caps removed by an 11 year old followed by some intense crouching on your corpses face.

• Advertisement

Far Cry was alot of twisting and turned around the map, thats what I didn't like. This does look really open & hilly(could be good or bad) im just really waiting to actually play it to decide if its good, im pretty much on the fence with both legs on OPF side haha!

Mulitplayer video looks nice!!

I had another video which codemasters put on youtube public by mistake but they have made it private now, should be up in the morning!

dazftw wrote: »

I had another video which codemasters put on youtube public by mistake but they have made it private now, should be up in the morning!

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frk-U5QluK8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I really don't mind that there's going to be no demo. I think the Operation Flashpoint experience will only work when delivered as a whole. A 1gb demo would only handicap the gameplay given that we wouldn't be playing in an open-world and many features would have to be left out. Some people are seriously overreacting on the CodeMasters forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

And the first interview has been published (and translated). 9/10

CodeMasters forums

This will be a launch day buy for me anyway!

Friday 2 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wind effect and bullet drop considerations for long range shots - thaaannnk yooouuu. Thats a selling point for me right there, didn't think they would actually go through with it for the console game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

God i hope your all wrong about it being hyped up as this is a release day buy for me. I'm so tired of linear scripted shooters I've put all my faith in this title and it better be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The hut have it pre order 36euro.
    Anyone have any better deals?

Advertisement