Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Flashpoint! [MEGAMERGE] **ALL DISCUSSION IN HERE**

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I felt ripped off even though I pirated it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did they ever unlock the full map in MP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    But it was, for them, they lied about the game and hyped it up, lots of people bought it (and were disappointed). Glad I didn't buy it :D

Ok, fair enough, but it wasn't a massive success, and I never seen a game before that caused such anger among the people that bought it and took the forums getting banned for voicing their opinions.

I bought it, and traded it in, it was fecking awful stuff. Cutting edge Military Sim it was not.

$7 on steam

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

dreamers75 wrote: »
    $7 on steam

$6.99 too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Even the scene groups decided this wasn't worth pirating, the patch never got a crack

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah... i love scene girls, really.

wait whats this? opfp going cheap?

....nah i'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I honestly wouldn't buy it for 1 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

If anyones interested, i did a short atircle on this, cause i remembered all the lies codemasters spun about this game and eventually found all their bull**** quotes about support, mods etc and compared them tot he truth about how they screwed their fans

http://thefacepalmedgamer.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/codemasters-bare-faced-lies-about-dragon-rising/

If anyones interested, i did a short atircle on this, cause i remembered all the lies codemasters spun about this game and eventually found all their bull**** quotes about support, mods etc and compared them tot he truth about how they screwed their fans

http://thefacepalmedgamer.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/codemasters-bare-faced-lies-about-dragon-rising/

Good write up. Tells it like it is. Sh1t.

You should post a link on the codemasters forums to it!!!!

Oh I forgot they only want people to talk about the Positive Experiences people had while playing this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Good write up. Tells it like it is. Sh1t.

You should post a link on the codemasters forums to it!!!!

Oh I forgot they only want people to talk about the Positive Experiences people had while playing this game.

Damn, and id so hate to get IP banned from their forums!!
    It really is galling tho to see what they said about it before release compared to the 'finished' product. 100% lies.

Agreed, they had these beautiful screen shots, and amazing tech videos with choppers being flown and firing on buildings, and descriptions like you are a small part of a larger war effort going on around you, and it will be visible in the distance and pish like that. Lets not for forget the state of the art squad AI that couldn't even follow an order, move at speed, or take cover.

Was gutted with the game. Pure crap, traded it in anyways. Thats the last I will ever speak of Operation Flashpoint.

Bet you already got banned from their forums???? Hard to believe they were silencing critics of the game on the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Certa Cito

I'm gutted this game was so unfinished and so unpopular, when I first started playing it, it was great! I teamed up with a group of like-minded ex-military guys who played online and it was great to apply proper drills in a game. But quickly the game got repetitive and the game died off. I got the first DLC and it offered very little. I didn't bother with the second DLC. I like the game for it's sense of realism, but it fell well short of the original OFP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Hi all, first time poster in here, does anybody know where I could find Operation Flashpoint-The Original one GOTY Edition ( 3 games in one ) This is the CD with "Operation Flashpoint", "Red Hammer" and "Resistance".

Kind regards,

Dave.

PS in Galway City, have checked Game and Gamestop, no joy.

http://www.sold-out.co.uk/productPcGamer.asp?pid=313&productLabelID=3

i bought it from there recently, it hasnt aged well :(

Thank you very much, I would be looking to buy in Galway though if possible.

No idea, very hard to get those Sold Out games, thats why i use that site delivery in about 2 days.

Hmm I must find someone to go a-purchasing for me now! :D

Would send you a copy as i bought 2 but i dislike your sig :D

Would send you a copy as i bought 2 but i dislike your sig :D

PM me?

• Advertisement

Borrowed a copy of this. First impressions are that its no better than the first. Graphics are well below par, with poor texture details, dull colours and bad lighting. Ai are still very dumb, weapons feel dull and unrealistic. Cutscenes are poor and very glitchy, dialogue is terrible, overdone with swearing and XBL lingo obviously to attempt to get a 15's rating. Poor effort, 4/10 so far, not sure if I'll play any further. Here's some screenies:

RedRiver2011-04-2110-40-45-74.jpg
    RedRiver2011-04-2110-34-56-53.jpg
    RedRiver2011-04-2110-36-08-91.jpg
    RedRiver2011-04-2110-37-23-60.jpg
    RedRiver2011-04-2110-38-20-18.jpg
    RedRiver2011-04-2110-38-21-72.jpg
    RedRiver2011-04-2110-34-11-84.jpg
    RedRiver2011-04-2110-34-15-72.jpg

EG gave it 8/10.

Give it a shot later.

EG gave it 8/10.

Give it a shot later.

Yep, reviews all bought again like before

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

It looks like muck from those screenshots,will give it a go later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Certa Cito

I'm on the fence at the minute. It would be savage to play coop, but true to form, today of all days, I can't get on PSN. So that'll have to wait.
    Squad control isn't that fluid, and it is a bit too action heavy, but I'm only 3 missions in, so will see how it goes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

What a load of generic pointless tripe.

Do the developers have no pride? No ambition to create something outstanding?

I'm amazed to see so many "professional" reviews give this such a high rating.

Graphics, animations, sound, interface and game-play would be classed as sub-par if the game was released 4 years ago. Today it's just embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Finished red river 2 days ago, played the majority with another friend, and although it made it better it couldnt save the game. The further you get through the more bugs and glitches come to light and it just gets infuriating. Pity, i thought after the mission when china invade it would kick on as that mission was very good. Bring back old operation flashpoint.

And was it just me or did everyone leave and make a cup of tea and the black soldier was STILL talking american nonsense :pac:

Advertisement