Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Flashpoint! [MEGAMERGE] **ALL DISCUSSION IN HERE**

Options
  • 11-08-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Serioulsy going to be amazing.. hopefully!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My one "must buy"!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I cant wait for this to come out never played the first one but from all the videos ive seen this looks like my cup of tea.

Yeah im going to keep using the word hopefully because I don't know.. it could be a let down! Hopefully its not and it creates a nice good fan base that stick with it even after cod mw2 comes out.. I know I will if it delivers what I need which so far it has :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Its different from COD i hope its good enough to keep me playing as i realy do prefer realistic shooters over the COD arcade style shooters but COD is going to be dam good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Its gonna be great,

shopto.net have a decent price for the 360, 42 euro or so,

23.50 for the pc on play.com

might take a few days off work for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

I cant wait for this game, I loved the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

let the kids on cod run around like headless chickens lookin for glitches
    while the real gamers play this tactical game . really looking forward to it my self

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It looks nothing like opflash 1. It's got more in common with CoD and battlefield bad company. It even has exploding red barrels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It looks nothing like opflash 1. It's got more in common with CoD and battlefield bad company. It even has exploding red barrels.
    the most recent vids had not a red barrel in sight. Community outrage after the e3 demo got rid of them by the looks of things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doesn't change the fact that it looks like a CoD game from the amount of damage you can absorb and that a developer that puts exploding red barrels into an operation flashpoint sequel is not the most talented game designers.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Doesn't change the fact that it looks like a CoD game from the amount of damage you can absorb and that a developer that puts exploding red barrels into an operation flashpoint sequel is not the most talented game designers.

There not going to make the video where he dies every 2 seconds just to show how hardcore it is, if I saw that I wouldn't like the game.

Skip to 1:35 look how quick the guy went down like!

The game looks amazing and your saying just because theres red barrels there not talented?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've still got my reservations about this. I just keep getting the feeling that hardcore mode was just tacked on to it and will just be the standard game with stuff removed, enemies damage increased etc to make it more difficult, as opposed to making it like the original.

I hope to god I'm wrong, but from what my friends who played it at E3 said about it, I'm going to wait until well after it's released before I buy it.

Yeah it "looks" great.. hopefully there will be a demo out we can before it releases some multiplayer & single player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

A demo has been confirmed, it will be released prior to the games release, usually codemasters demos are fairly decent, The GRID demo was a true representation of that game,

Should be good!

Nedved85 wrote: »
    A demo has been confirmed, it will be released prior to the games release, usually codemasters demos are fairly decent, The GRID demo was a true representation of that game,

Should be good!

The game ships oct 6 AFAIK so sometime around end of september maybe? hopefully!

humanji wrote: »
    I've still got my reservations about this. I just keep getting the feeling that hardcore mode was just tacked on to it and will just be the standard game with stuff removed, enemies damage increased etc to make it more difficult, as opposed to making it like the original.

I hope to god I'm wrong, but from what my friends who played it at E3 said about it, I'm going to wait until well after it's released before I buy it.
    Apparantly hardcore only affects player hud and on screen prompts (and aim assist off on consoles) by removing them. Health, enemy damage and ai are not affected at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I hope they do a good job on this, and that it lives up to the hype. Because I just finished playing Damnation, another Codies game, and it was was terrible Considering it uses the Unreal engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint/language.php

I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Theres already a thread on this in the main games forum.

I think the consensus seems to be that this will be a dumbed down flashpoint and somewhat console-ised.

Personally, i think they are trying to appeal to the COD4 crowd and it will be far less open world than Arma. Despite the size of the map, i think it will be tightly scripted. Even if this proves true it looks like a lot of fun.

Hopefully, we are all wrong. From what I've seen, this could be bigger, better, more beautiful, enjoyable and realistic than Arma - the question is: does it want to be?

Does anyone know if they intend releasing editing tools? Modders might be able to do amazing things with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its built on the same engine as GRiD, it looks fantastic, should run very well and scale well on crossfire/sli, I really hope I'm wrong and that this lives up to the all the hype. If it doesn't live up to the hype, lets hope it attracts all the Battlefield types so we can play Carrier Domination without n00b mayhem.

Pc version is coming with an editor I think, consoles not. Therefore the game itself is prob gonna be more polished and playable than ARMA 2 (just imagine how limited Arma 2 would be without an editor :eek:) but limited by choice of missions on console. Pc version may just work, but methinks the emphasis is on consoles and the Cod/BF type player.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Some co-op footage here:

I hope they have something like Domination when it ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This game looks absolutely amazing. I wonder who'll be the first to complete it on hardcore mode here. :)

Roll on October 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

LD 50 wrote: »
    I hope they do a good job on this, and that it lives up to the hype. Because I just finished playing Damnation, another Codies game, and it was was terrible Considering it uses the Unreal engine.
    Codemasters were merely the publishers, not the developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

There was a preview of this on Playr (that they show on Film24 now) and I'm really having doubts about it now. It looks really arcady, kind of like they made Modern Warfare on an open map and made it so that one hit will kill you. It just didn't look like the same style of game as the original at all. I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Considering its a completely different team making this than the one that made Flashpoint 1 and have moved on to the Armed Assault series, it will be very different and more arcady to sell more games and appeal to more people.

Look what happened the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series when Red Storm stopped making them, Ubisoft inhouse took over and made them more arcady to sell more games. It's happening again here.

If you want the real Flashpoint 2 experience pick up Armed Assault 2 but its very buggy and needs alot of fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

humanji wrote: »
    I'm really having doubts about it now. It looks really arcady, kind of like they made Modern Warfare on an open map and made it so that one hit will kill you.

arcade and one shot one kill dont go together
    cod getting shot loads of times and still being alive is arcade

ofp i really hope its not like cod and full of headless chickens looking for glitche's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Considering its a completely different team making this than the one that made Flashpoint 1 and have moved on to the Armed Assault series, it will be very different and more arcady to sell more games and appeal to more people.

Look what happened the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series when Red Storm stopped making them, Ubisoft inhouse took over and made them more arcady to sell more games. It's happening again here.

If you want the real Flashpoint 2 experience pick up Armed Assault 2 but its very buggy and needs alot of fixes.

My money's on ARMA2 to be the better, more realistic game. In saying that, I'll still purchase both of them :rolleyes:
    Can't seem to find out when ARMA2 is due out on the 360 in Q4 though... Does anybody have any info on it?

• Advertisement

My money's on ARMA2 to be the better, more realistic game. In saying that, I'll still purchase both of them :rolleyes:
    Can't seem to find out when ARMA2 is due out on the 360 in Q4 though... Does anybody have any info on it?
    ARMA2 on 360??? The game can hardly run on a top end pc, never mind the 360. I don't think we'll see ARMA on 360.

Advertisement