Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cup of tea

Options

Comments

Somebody broke my favorite tea mug recently.
    It was handmade, with little happy thoughts on it, held the perfect amount and kept the heat so well.
    Nothing has been the same since. :(:(:(

I miss you mug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

personally my mrs love to sit down with a mug of tea pack of biccies a fag n copy of the latest best or bella watchin ricky lake hahahaheheheheheh:P

Ricky Lake? How old skool! I guess Enniscorthy really is behind the times ;) :P

I like to dip Chocolate Fingers in my tea, or else squares of Dairy Milk.
    Mmmm.
    Or Oreos.
    :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I don't drink tea, but I do like a cup of strong, sweet black coffee with either one of my homemade oatmeal and raisin cookies or a couple of squares of 70% cocoa dark chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Moonbaby wrote: »
    It was handmade, with little happy thoughts on it, held the perfect amount and kept the heat so well.

I miss you mug.
    Aw no that's really sad :(
    The right mug can be just so... right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Moonbaby wrote: »

I miss you mug.

i feel your pain moonbaby, there's nothing worse. i killed one of my favourites recently, i died a little that day too... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

I'd sit down to a whole pot of tea with my breakfast. A quart of leaf tea in total, delish!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ladhrann wrote: »
    I'd sit down to a whole pot of tea with my breakfast. A quart of leaf tea in total, delish!

Same here,I'd drink tea all day if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Fig rolls, by miles!

For brekkie I do like a bowl of all bran covered in honey and warm milk though with my cup of tea a close second to fig rolls.

Anyone else get through 7/8 cups a day easy?i don't even work a desk job either, I just really f'in love tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Why has nobody mentioned that you cant dip your biscuits into black tea, its just wrong!!!

Hate black tea for the record, had to drink it on occasions where there was no milk left!

Eat ginger Nuts daily, about 3, or 4, anything chocolaty (other than chocolate digestives) are just soo yumm..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Clank wrote: »
    Anyone else get through 7/8 cups a day easy?i don't even work a desk job either, I just really f'in love tea.

Yeah easily, I start work at 9:00 and by 10:30 I'd sometimes be on my 4th cup! I could live for a while without alcohol or sex but tea...no way!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

KatCookie wrote: »
    Why has nobody mentioned that you cant dip your biscuits into black tea, its just wrong!!!

eh? ofc you can. I hate milky tea, I don't know how I ever drank it. black tea all the way please!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

STRONG TEA,DROP O MILK-TWO SLICES OF TOAST WITH BUTTER-or bourbons

sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I hate tea! But I love tea accompaniments, mmm ginger nut biccies, or just a good old chocolate digestive!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

ladhrann wrote: »
    I'd sit down to a whole pot of tea with my breakfast.

I do all the time! Best way to start the day if you ask me. As long as you're sure you'll be within easy reach of a toilet for the next few hours.
    Clank wrote: »
    Anyone else get through 7/8 cups a day easy?.

More. Lots more!

Tea is the best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

Chocolate fingers! Bite off both ends and drink tea through it like a straw, you will not be disappointed!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Am I the only one who doesnt drink tea???The whole world seems to be obsessed with it!!!
    Tastes like dirty water imo! :eek:

You're not the only one. I've never drunk tea (or coffee for that matter) so don't know what it tastes like and have no interest in finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Aldi's specially selected chocolate chip cookies. Om nom. Definitely the nicest biscuits out there!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Aldi's specially selected chocolate chip cookies. Om nom. Definitely the nicest biscuits out there!

Anyone ever notice that bargain-priced chocolate chip cookies are usually absolutely delicious? I'm quite the fan of Tesco Value cookies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I like tea with crumpets... largely so I can say that I'm having tea and crumpets. Tea with a chocolate éclair is quite nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

okay kit kats would be my favorite then cookies then toffy pops. Kit Kats are lovely dipped in the tea Yummy. Love coffee too but nothing dipped in it but maybe them coffee biscuits Whatever there called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,977 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I hope I'm allowed post as I'm not a lady. To answer the question the missus and I have been enjoying Tesco Value Shortbread recently which is great value at just 59c per pack. It tastes just as nice as the more expensive brands.

5000358772586_200.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

a nice cup of Nambarrie and a caramel square :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

For me it is a nice mug of decaffinated earl grey and a yogurt or a greek salad with lots of mayo...sounds worse than it actually is...I drink 5-10 mugs a day :eek: (but do not eat with every mug).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I'm a tea fiend and find it usually goes best alone if it's a nice brew buuuut I do have my vice... bog-standard Barry's and a pack of cheese and onion crisps. Yummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

don't drink tea at all but do indulge in coffee/latte/capp from time to time and love shortbread or a lemon drizzle cake:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

lin lin wrote: »
    have you tried really nice sorts of tea? i'm not a big fan of Barrys but i love green and black teas, or Earl Grey, mmm

I have tried all the herbal ones and didnt like them, I think i need to give normal tea another go tho and see if it lives up to the hype, its been a few years now so maybe iv changed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I like tea with breakfast. I might only have one other cup of tea in the day.

I would have a cup or two of coffee in work. Then mostly hippy tea at any other time. I like green tea at the moment.

But generally no biscuits or anything necessary with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

if for some reason i dont get to have my morning cup of tea, i get a blinding headache, i thought i was full of **** for thinkin it was because i didnt have tea, but its the only possible reason!!

now, what i like with my tea varies - but i think a twix used as a straw is probably the best variant for me! mmmmmmmmmmmm, so gloopyhomnommy good. :D

oh and it HAS to be barrys!! lyons is weak piss!!

mmmmmm tea with a twix as a straw is the nicest ever!!!!! I want one now!!!!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I only bother with a cup of tea now and again but i love a galaxy with Tea. Yummy. Or a Cadbury Finger Straw, or galaxy ripple straw. *Drool*

I'd like to be able to drink Coffee. I LOVE the smell of Coffee but i can't drink it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

According to my work mates I drink tea with my milk! Just don't like it too hot, so nice milky tea (apparently yuck to others!)

Like rich tea's or fig rolls to to dip or eat with it!

According to the OH: Barry's tea is 'blue shirts' tea or Fine Gale tea! And Lyons is Fianna Fail tea! Don't know where that comes from, but they all say that down there!
    I prefer Lyons anyway. :pac:

Advertisement