Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedo Trunks Banned from Alton Towers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Thank God! I'm still haunted by packages of old men floating around the beach when I was a kid...farewell to the scrot slip *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

WindSock wrote: »
    Maybe the men wearing them were getting into too much trouble when the 'S' wore off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts-NTTeEoA0

The third sketch

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So in Sweden, women win the right to go topless at public pools whilst in Britain, Alton Towers bans men wearing speedos.

I think it would risible and absurd if it wasn't true. Absolutely ridiculous - I suspect management of AT are pandering to some sort of agenda here...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Demonique wrote: »
    No, seeing as women aren't packing unattractive bulges in their pants
    Yes, they keep the horrible malformed bulges in their bikini tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

JupiterKid wrote: »
    So in Sweden, women win the right to go topless at public pools whilst in Britain, Alton Towers bans men wearing speedos.

I think it would risible and absurd if it wasn't true. Absolutely ridiculous - I suspect management of AT are pandering to some sort of agenda here...

Yeah, an agenda where nobody has to see another guy's shrink-wrapped knob staring at them. In other words, a bloody excellent one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:eek:

What about if it's a frikken knob like a baby's arm holding an apple??

Loads of attention for that bad boy I'm assured.Ladies love that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭CPT. SURF

Irish prudery is alive and well. To be so disgusted by human anatomy is idiotic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It wasn't the speedos that were indecent.
    It was the leopard print that was indecent.

This will end up in the courts and Alton Towers will probably lose, as they are singling out men in speedos and not women in skimpy bikinis.

Who ever planned this ban has a dirty and unhealthy mind with a fixation on this issue. This will be laughed to bits by Continentals where speedos are common when they hear about this. Is it the 21st century or the 19th?

You either have a standard for all or a double standard.

The only way Alton Towers could win the case is if women's bikinis are banned too. This could well happen.

The immaturity of some posters on this thread...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Equal standards for all! Shorts only for women!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Spot on!
    Who want to see auld wans with two pounds of pork mince swept off a barbers floor under their thongs.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

I went to a water park in France and they only allowed speedo style trunks. Said it had to do with hygene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

:eek:

What about if it's a frikken knob like a baby's arm holding an apple??

Loads of attention for that bad boy I'm assured.Ladies love that sort of thing.

Not with a description like that esquire :/

Didn't read the whole thread, but I say the speedos have to go. Fat doesn't come into this, for either gender. Its about being too tight around the gentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

lol, the google add on the top of my page is

Speedo Swimming TrunksOfficial site for all your swimwear needs. Browse and buy online today!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

engrish? wrote: »
    lol, the google add on the top of my page is

:L Mine's:

It says Ireland but the address says UK? :confused:

Well, the reaction in the UK is that this ban is really unnecessary and ridiculous. People are saying "thin edge of the wedge" and all that.

I think a lot of posters on here are confusing personal taste for decency. You may not like speedos, but some men like wearing them and I prefer to live and let live.

I see this whole issue as part of creeping American body prudery - it seems fine for women to wear very skimpy bikinis but men are covering up more and more in recent years. If speedos are to be banned, then ban the bikini too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

well i have no problem admiring a well hung fit man in speedos, i do have a problem with kids having to witness a well hung man in speedos jumping about in the kiddies pool, all the while his dingdong flopping up and down like an elephants trunk, spashing people in the face. theres wave machines for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

I always wear Speedos.!!

They show off the cluster in full relief ,especially when wet, and I can assure you I got many admiring glances from females when my full ripe plums and thick stocky cucumber were etched in sharp relief as I exited the pool and gave the impression of potent pumping and full satisfaction.

Reverse that ban I say.

Good for you Flutter!

You know what they say......... if you've got it, flaunt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This is a clear case of gender discrimination. Surely if they want to bring in this sort of rule, then female swimwear should be treated in a similar manner. Madness!

Yeah, but a mans bulge is far more a deadly weapon than anything a woman has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

walshb wrote: »
    Yeah, but a mans bulge is far more a deadly weapon than anything a woman has.

Think again walshy.......... "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

This is a dangerous precedent. Other places might start doing it. Then men looking for equality will force them to ban bikinis.

I think we should all write to alton towers and complain. But absolutely no references to bikinis, gender discrimination or equality!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Abigayle wrote: »
    Its about being too tight around the gentials.

...and what are bikini/thongs on women? None of those leave much to the imagination (not that you'll hear me complaining) in much the same way as speedos don't for men...but unless some guy is walking around with a hard-on, wtf is the problem?

As someone who used to swim in competitions, try doing any sort of real actual swimming/diving in anyhting but speedo/brief type swimwear.
    Boardshorts? Please...some of those feckin' things would get you drowned with the weight of water they hold.
    I still wear speedos if I go swimming...most swimming pools are well below body temp and the bollocks has a tendency to retreat to warmer climes.

I'm getting very, very tired of this constant PC nonsense and prudery on behalf of the UK authorities...I know it's only one amusement park but you have to feel there is a larger agenda/movement at work here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

its the opposite in france, they have pictures of shorts wit an X tru them and speedos wit a tick tru them in the dressing rooms. No shorts allowed at all. Stupid french

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

HouseHippo wrote: »
    Thank God! I'm still haunted by packages of old men floating around the beach when I was a kid...farewell to the scrot slip *shudders*

Had they all drowned after being dragged under by the weight of their snorkels?

dannym08 wrote: »
    its the opposite in france, they have pictures of shorts wit an X tru them and speedos wit a tick tru them in the dressing rooms. No shorts allowed at all. Stupid french

You can always rely on the French for their displays pf fresh meat, which is why they're in trouble at the moment for a swimming-pool's ban on Muslim "Burkinis".

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6793574.ece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lol at the AQ spokeman in that Times' piece...what a balanced and considered reaction to someone being ejected from a swimming pool: “We will take revenge for the honour of our daughters and sisters against France and against its interests by every means at our disposal.”

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

JupiterKid wrote: »
    It looks like PC prudery has reached a new low.

Speedo style swimming trunks worn by male swimmers at Alton Towers water park have been branded "indecent" by managment and have been banned. Only full "board shorts" will be deemed acceptable swimming attire from now on:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090810/tuk-alton-towers-in-skimpy-speedos-ban-6323e80.html

http://faduda.ie/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/father_ted_down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg

Wertz wrote: »
    lol at the AQ spokeman in that Times' piece...what a balanced and considered reaction to someone being ejected from a swimming pool: “We will take revenge for the honour of our daughters and sisters against France and against its interests by every means at our disposal.”

:rolleyes:

They'll get back at them when AQ has a synchronised swimming team at the 2012 Olympics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Wertz wrote: »
    “We will take revenge for the honour of our daughters and sisters against France and against its interests by every means at our disposal.”

and what means would they be?

talk about an over reaction

Advertisement