Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedo Trunks Banned from Alton Towers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Thank god..
    Budgie smugglers just look wrong.

They're still ok with thongs tho right? :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

What kind of a strange weird bastard goes about in public in speedos anyway?
    I dont think it goes far enough. Burn em at the stake I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Ah FFS it's stupid.
    A.T should just close down, there's plenty better than it :P

Don't live far from Alton, Stayed at Alton Castle (a catholic retreat thingy) with school a few years ago.. the morons the Towers seems to attract, I'm surprised they can even put speedos on the right way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Anyone who wears speedos in public should be banned from life in general. Creeps.

Must clarify.. it's PC gone mad but speedos are bad bad things before anyone thinks I approve of them! :P

For once, they show up size (or lack of) and are uncomfortable... normal trunk/short things ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

How do we get budgies out of Alton Towers then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

This is a clear case of gender discrimination. Surely if they want to bring in this sort of rule, then female swimwear should be treated in a similar manner. Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

This is a clear case of gender discrimination. Surely if they want to bring in this sort of rule, then female swimwear should be treated in a similar manner. Madness!

are you crazy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Well, I think they should just go the whole hog and return to the days of Victorian full body "bathing suits."

Of course, I don't see women's bikinis being banned either, as ultra skimpy as some of them can be. Double standards anyone?:rolleyes:

So because we don't have to be subjected to skimpy male clothes we have to sacrifice skimpy wimmens clothes?!?!

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Grimes wrote: »
    are you crazy!

No, are you?

brummytom wrote: »
    So because we don't have to be subjected to skimpy male clothes we have to sacrifice skimpy wimmens clothes?!?!

:eek::eek:

No; it's double standards. Both genders should be treated equally- do you agree?

No; it's double standards. Both genders should be treated equally- do you agree?

I'm a child, don't ask me...

No

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Huh where was the swimming part of alton towers, all I remember was the awesome rides.
    Oh and the mechanical rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Who the fcuk wears speedos anyway!?

Also while banning speedos they should makes womens thongs skimpier.
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

it's double standards. Both genders should be treated equally- do you agree?

Of Course,

No Speedos for men, No bikinis for wimmins..

all I remember was the awesome rides.

And wouldnt it be so much worse if they made them wear bathing suits instead of bikinis

Huh where was the swimming part of alton towers, all I remember was the awesome rides.
    Oh and the mechanical rides.

So you were too busy getting wet to notice the water? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

There was a little part of me hoping that Speedo Trunks was just the name of a guy who'd been banned from Alton Towers. Alas, it wasn't to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

They key to getting women attracted to you is to put the two golden wonders spud down the front of the speedos not the back:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

F*ck's sake. Another holiday ruined. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Some of the world's top athletes. Though only in public on special occasions.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Also while banning speedos they should makes womens thongs skimpier.
    That is all.

I always wear Speedos.!!

They show off the cluster in full relief ,especially when wet, and I can assure you I got many admiring glances from females when my full ripe plums and thick stocky cucumber were etched in sharp relief as I exited the pool and gave the impression of potent pumping and full satisfaction.

Reverse that ban I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Maybe the men wearing them were getting into too much trouble when the 'S' wore off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I always wear Speedos.!!
    Point proven.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

I really hope they ban old hairy gorilla men in the swimming pool next.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What kind of a strange weird bastard goes about in public in speedos anyway?
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Anyone who wears speedos in public should be banned from life in general. Creeps.
    Nearly everybody in the 80's must have been a sexual deviant so. I don't remember anybody wearing shorts when I was small, was all speedos. It is odd how things change like that and are so quickly forgotten. Like people calling people crazy not to wear a cyclehelmet even though they were out in the 80's too.

"We are also looking into offering complimentary male waxing, which will ensure preserve the dignity of all our guests."
    So auld hags are still allowed go out in wicked weasel bikini bottoms with a muff like a wornout roadsweepers brush hanging out the sides.

It ain't all brazilian supermodels strutting around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Like A Fox

In Port Aventura don't they insist guys wearing Speedos to limit the amount of flashing as they throw themselves arseways down waterslides?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Didn't men with long hair used to be refused from disney, as tehy were thought of to be dodgy bastards? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

No, are you?

No, seeing as women aren't packing unattractive bulges in their pants

Advertisement