Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Last minute of injury time, penalty to Leeds United!

:eek:

And it's 2-2!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Last minute of injury time, penalty to Leeds United!

:eek:

And it's 2-2!!!!!
    Leeds for the Cup!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Boo-urns!

On a related note, I think I shall raise this question as I regularly do ... why does Robbie Keane take precedence over Roman Pavlyuchenko? I mean, really ...

syncosised wrote: »
    Boo-urns!

On a related note, I think I shall raise this question as I regularly do ... why does Robbie Keane take precedence over Roman Pavlyuchenko? I mean, really ...
    Because he's the captain is he not???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Anyone watching the Milan derby?

1-0 Inter with around 30 mins left. Milito scored the goal. Classy finish.

Sneijder got himself sent off in the first half for apparently abusing the referee. Milan have gotten into the game more in the 2nd half.

Been very impressed with Pandev. Looks a good player, works hard, like a Tevez, except with actual quality...

..And he's just hit the post. Beautiful play by Inter.

Boca and River on at 1am. Tempted to stay up...

• Advertisement

Anyone watching the Milan derby?

1-0 Inter with around 30 mins left. Milito scored the goal. Classy finish.

Sneijder got himself sent off in the first half for apparently abusing the referee. Milan have gotten into the game more in the 2nd half.

Been very impressed with Pandev. Looks a good player, works hard, like a Tevez, except with actual quality...

..And he's just hit the post. Beautiful play by Inter.

Boca and River on at 1am. Tempted to stay up...
    He was unreal for years in FM. Pandev that is...

Finished 2-0. Pandev got the second from a free-kick. Inter finished with 9 men, Lucio was sent off for a handball in the box in injury-time, but the penalty was missed by Ronaldinho.

Good match though, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Back to Saturday...

Come on the Leeds:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Mushy wrote: »
    Back to Saturday...

Come on the Leeds:D

LMAO, we will beat you in the replay

unknown13 wrote: »

Lad in soccer forum, went by name of BERBA, he said ye'd comfortably win 4 or 5-0, wouldn't be turned over by a LEague 1 side at home. So yeah, cockiness can easily turn to embarrassment. Ask many Man Utd fans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm so dissapointed only two joined the CH fantasy football league :(

creggy wrote: »
    I'm so dissapointed only two joined the CH fantasy football league :(

That an FF league fr this forum?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That an FF league fr this forum?

Nope, it's for Cyanide & Happiness fans! :pac:

Ask many Man Utd fans!

United fans are easily the worst fans in sports because a good load dont actually follow soccer and another good load support them because it can be fashionable

Nope, it's for Cyanide & Happiness fans! :pac:

Touché
    United fans are easily the worst fans in sports because a good load dont actually follow soccer and another good load support them because it can be fashionable

Still doesn't stop people getting egg on their faces.

Yeah, the official PL FF league.

The code is 289928-424414

Can a mod put that on that in the first post? It would be easier to get more numbers from here to join the league.

It's only become really fashionable since the last decade. I didn't know a lot Chelsea supporters until the Russian took over, now they're everywhere.

Besides anyone who supports a top club (including me) is more than likely supporting them due them being good. Most oul fellas I know all support Liverpool because they were on top of the world at the time, they all deny this of course...

The reason why I support United is when I started to like football, I saw the legend that is Ryan Giggs on the wing for United. Never looked back.

Same goes for any big club. I guarantee in a few years you'll see an influx of City jerseys around the place, where as I have never seen someone wearing one outside of Manchester.

How you come to support your club doesn't matter IMO, it's that you keep up that support through thick and thin. If United financial situation eventually does hit the fan, the type of 'fan' you describe will be weeded out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I don't really follow football at all, I know who wins the titles and all, ut I don't really know the ins and outs. I kinda support United, as much as someone who doesn't follow football actually can. I don't really care if they win or not, but I'd be happier if they won than if Chelsea won. I started supporting them because of Eric Cantona and Roy Keane. Also because my brother supported them, and he supported them because our uncle supported them, and he was the coolest person ever.

No way are ye going to elland road and come away with anything! Leeds for the cup!!!:pac:

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »
    No way are ye going to elland road and come away with anything! Leeds for the cup!!!:pac:

We will see, 2-0 Spurs

We will see, 2-0 Spurs

You honestly think Leeds won't score at home?

Bobalicious, that thing of fashionable support is true. Look at Sunderland lately:rolleyes:(sell, more than two years ago, and without the major success)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

lol sports

phlegms wrote: »
    lol sports

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

creggy wrote: »
    The reason why I support United is when I started to like football, I saw the legend that is Ryan Giggs on the wing for United. Never looked back.

He's a genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Any tennis fans here? I'll admit to being a bit of fan and I used to play a bit. Who do you think is going to win the men's final tomorrow? I might forego my usual Sunday morning lie in to watch it tomorrow.

Also, on a rather ridiculous note, Togo have been banned from the next 2 Africa Cup of Nations for 'government interference'. Disgraceful decision IMO. Sepp Blatter really is a blithering idiot at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Same goes for any big club. I guarantee in a few years you'll see an influx of City jerseys around the place, where as I have never seen someone wearing one outside of Manchester.

How you come to support your club doesn't matter IMO, it's that you keep up that support through thick and thin. If United financial situation eventually does hit the fan, the type of 'fan' you describe will be weeded out.

I can see all the "2005 fans", as I like to call them, dropping like flies. The ones who jumped on the bandwagon after the CL victory in '05.

I don't mind united fans, most of them are a passionate lot. I hate all fickle fans equally :p and I respect all passionate fans.

Most Chelsea fans jumped on the bandwagon when they became successful too. **** like that grinds my gears. Unless, they stick with the club through thick and thin.

I became a Liverpool fan when we weren't performing the greatest iirc. I barely knew who Liverpool were and I didn't understand "obstruction" or "offsides" at the time. It was a lovely biro that I bought which made me choose Liverpool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I know football partisans aren't generally depicted as being the brightest but this is just plain stupid:
    Tattooed fan gutted by star move
    Robinho's departure from Manchester has left one man feeling particularly blue - die-hard fan Chris Atkinson has the Brazilian's name tattooed on his chest.
    And to make matters worse the tribute is etched next to another Samba star who never even signed for the club.
    Mr Atkinson, 26, of Altrincham, got a Kaka tattoo soon after the Blues lodged a £100m bid - only for him to sign for Real Madrid.
    The part-time Hollyoaks actor said he was "gutted" Robinho had left City.
    "I got the Kaka tattoo and got quoted saying I'd get Robinho done next," said Mr Atkinson, who also works in a pub in Timperley.
    "My mate had a bet with me that I wouldn't get it done - so I did it."

“ I'll just wait until I have kids and call them Robinho and Kaka ”
    Chris Atkinson
    The Brazil international, who cost a record-breaking £32.4m when he signed for City, is joining his former club Santos on a six-month loan.
    The 26-year-old forward has made only sporadic appearances this season and scored his first goal in City's 4-2 FA Cup win over Scunthorpe.
    Mr Atkinson, who has about 25 tattoos, was mocked by his friends for the Kaka tattoo but is unrepentant over his Robinho ink.
    "He was quality; I'm gutted he's gone," he said.
    "It's only a loan deal, so you never know he might come back.
    "But they're saying in the papers that he's kicked his last ball for City, so I don't know."
    Despite his departure Mr Atkinson will not be covering up the names on his chest, which are displayed alongside genuine City legend Shaun Goater.
    "I'll just wait until I have kids and call them Robinho and Kaka," added Mr Atkinson, who currently does not have a girlfriend.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...er/8487297.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 don vhalt

Monzo wrote: »
    I know football partisans aren't generally depicted as being the brightest but this is just plain stupid:

I feel sorry for his future children especially if they are girls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

don vhalt wrote: »
    I feel sorry for his future children especially if they are girls.

Yeah, he might name one of them Robyn Ho just to ease his frustration a little.

Advertisement