Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditions you miss from when you were young

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Sunday lunch at paternal grandparents, sunday dinner at maternal grandparents.

The place being fecking empty of a sunday, riding my bike around the deserted shopping centre car park (the Boyne centre in Drogheda)

I almost, almost miss the sound of a modem dialing. Almost. Ditto the sound of a tape-loading game.

Airwolf, Knight Rider, A-Team etc. on UTV of a Saturday afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Someone was on and had to find the people hiding then touch the lampost while calling out where they were.

While the person was looking for people someone could run to the lampost and shout "40-40/Kick the Can, Kick the Can I free all!".

Shock! What a blast from the past!! Lovin' this thread! :pac:

Remembered another few things

Fancy Paper -- collecting it and swopping it was the biz
    Playing marbles - Was dead jealous of my older brothers collection, especially the big 'steelies' (sp?)
    Running round our housing estate, collecting the stuff for the bonfire on Halloween- hauling unwanted sofas, mattresses etc. out of peoples houses, the smell of sulpher from bangers in the air...

Advertisement