Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machida/Shogun predictions?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

@ultimate chin, coleman was actually lighter going into that fight than shogun, IIRC
    He was? :confused:
    I stand corrected then.Must dig out that dvd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

@ultimate chin, coleman was actually lighter going into that fight than shogun, IIRC

Was he? Jesus i dont know about that now, Coleman was about 240 back then then

EDIT: You're dead right, coleman weighed in at 101kg (222.5lbs) and Rua 103kg (227lbs), id say fightnight coleman was heavier though tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

He was? :confused:
    I stand corrected then.Must dig out that dvd

Coleman weighed 224 lbs, Shogun weighed 227. Shogun looked a bit pudgy and out of shape, he did not take Coleman seriously and got punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I wouldnt really say punished.He made a stupid mistake while being taken down by putting his arm out like that.And it lasted less then a minute anyway.Not much time to tell anything

Coleman weighed 224 lbs, Shogun weighed 227. Shogun looked a bit pudgy and out of shape, he did not take Coleman seriously and got punished.

What fight were you watchin? I saw a freak accident TKO him after he nearly subbed Coleman 2 or 3 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i wouldnt have called those attempted leg locks/heel hooks nearly subbing him, he didnt really have a great position, although i dont believe shogun got manhandled either. I saw that fight going with a knockout to shogun or a submission to shogun if it wasnt for that freak accident.

And yea i realise coleman was probably carrying more muscle mass than shogun but fat is still leaverage

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

coleman bossed him in my view, it wasnt pretty or skillful , but he threw him around so hard that he broke his arm, I cant see how this was a freak accident, thats what Coleman does, breaking his arm was a good result for him I am sure

Advertisement