Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machida/Shogun predictions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fromvert wrote: »
    Against Chuck he knocked Chuck down with a jab and that says more for where Chuck Liddell is at the moment then it does Shogun. So we don't know where Shoguns cardio is at the moment..
    What kinda jabs do you throw :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

What kinda jabs do you throw :confused:

The kinda ones that look like leaping hooks

Tones69 wrote: »
    The kinda ones that look like leaping hooks

Ah yes.The ancient fabled jooky jab :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Press conference airing now:
    http://www.ufc.com/live/

*Double post sorry*

But a hilarious note both Lyoto and Shogun were booked unknowlingly to them beside each other on the plane from Brazil. :pac:

• Advertisement

My moneys on the upset! The gun to pull off the impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

but its been a long time since he was at his best, i see thing being a long night for shogun.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,156 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My moneys on the upset! The gun to pull off the impossible!

I would hate to see this, as The dragon is my fav at LHW. But honestly, favourites aside, I really can't see this happening (except through one of those accidental finishes, eye poke, macida breaks hand etc)

They both have impressive records, but Machida just nips it. I'm defo bettign on this, and i'll be punting Machida hard. Although, the odds are terrible at the minute, but i'm keeping an eye

This is the next fight for me. The two events before are just to fill slots mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I prefer Shogun's style to Machida's, but have yet to see anyhing from him suggesting he can beat Machida. Plus his camp is not known for innovative gameplans.

dunkamania wrote: »
    I prefer Shogun's style to Machida's, but have yet to see anyhing from him suggesting he can beat Machida. Plus his camp is not known for innovative gameplans.
    He fought a very smart fight against the Iceman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Yeah, I was impressed with his performance agaist Liddell, loved the way he protected his chin with his hands, but beating Chuck isnt what it used to be.

Coming up with a gameplan against a relatively one-dimensional Chuck is very different than trying to figure out Machida.

I think if shogun uses his leg kicks well he can slow machida down.What good is footwork if you cant move your feet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Shogun by KO...

Swiftly followed with Maynard by Sex-Wee:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 yiorgos

I think Shogun has to get lucky to win this one...

He would be too slow to catch Machida, who always fights on the back foot, and it is guaranteed he won't manage to get him into a brawl, where he would have the advantage.
    Also, he hasn't shown any signs of decent cardio in the UFC and I wouldn't see him being able to past the 3rd round.

If Machida keeps concentrated, he will pull another victory. My prediction is Machida TKO in the 2nd

IF Shogun wins they need to play this immediately after at blaring volume for old times sake:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

I'd love to see Shogun taking the win. I'd settle with seeing how Machida reacts when he gets hit with a tough shot.He hasnt been rattled at all , has barely been touched in his fights. Hopeful Shogun can bring some of the Pride form in the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I think Machida is too discliplined to lose this fight. He'll keep moving while getting a kick and punch in here and there.

I can see it being a boring fight tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maharg92

can see shogun being machidas toughest fight to date as he is regaining sum of his old form but i can see shogun at sum stage jumping in de machida tkoing him i think dis will b l8 in the fite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Machida by KO/TKO. Shogun may represent a big threat and id love to see machida beat, but at the same time think the light heavy division needs to have a dominant champ for a few defences at least (same way lightweight has penn, welterweight GSP and middleweight anderson).

I think machida will win and maybe make one more defence before dana throws silva at him, even with the friendship and same manager I believe that this will eventually happen before silva's current 3 fight deal runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

maharg92 wrote: »
    can see shogun being machidas toughest fight to date as he is regaining sum of his old form but i can see shogun at sum stage jumping in de machida tkoing him i think dis will b l8 in the fite

Dude, i know i am not a moderator. But please dont use text talk on a forum. There are vowels on a keyboard, use em.

• Advertisement

Dude, i know i am not a moderator. But please dont use text talk on a forum. There are vowels on a keyboard, use them.
    :pac:

ah Gtfo will ya,a bit of slang doesnt hurt, but all this ttyl and l8r crap is just annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 14 highchap

I cant see Shogun getting near Machida. Machida has never been hit, never mind lose a round in 15 fights. PP has Macida at 1/5 to win this. Just about fair me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

rampage didnt look like he was right for that fight, sluggish, slow punching, no energy and then sat down at the end after what looked like he told his coach he was calling it a day... think this fight makes Shogun shine because of the poor opposition

deepriver wrote: »
    rampage didnt look like he was right for that fight, sluggish, slow punching, no energy and then sat down at the end after what looked like he told his coach he was calling it a day... think this fight makes Shogun shine because of the poor opposition
    Are you talking about the shogun vs rampage fight?
    Shogun broke his rib after a minute or 2 which is why he went slow,he could barely breathe.And considering shogun went though lil nog,overeem and arona after that is what made shogun shine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Shogun is a beast, no doubt about it. We just gonna have to wait and see how well he can execute against that awkward man machida :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,156 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

highchap wrote: »
    I cant see Shogun getting near Machida. Machida has never been hit, never mind lose a round in 15 fights. PP has Macida at 1/5 to win this. Just about fair me thinks.

I'd agree with that price, I was hoping to get in early, but BF hasn't updated yet.
    Also, slightly off topic but Carwin is decent value against Lesnar @ 15/8

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

Are you talking about the shogun vs rampage fight?
    Shogun broke his rib after a minute or 2 which is why he went slow,he could barely breathe.And considering shogun went though lil nog,overeem and arona after that is what made shogun shine

oh cool I didnt know that... but shogun didnt seem to have much appetite to keep fighting after his bone break in the OPs second video... Coleman threw him around like a rag doll as well

deepriver wrote: »
    oh cool I didnt know that... but shogun didnt seem to have much appetite to keep fighting after his bone break in the OPs second video... Coleman threw him around like a rag doll as well
    Coleman was a heavyweight in that fight.And why would he keep fighting after badly breaking his arm?He was out for 8 months after that

• Advertisement

@ultimate chin, coleman was actually lighter going into that fight than shogun, IIRC

Advertisement