Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCabe Murderers released

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

oscarBravo wrote: »
    It's just barely - barely - possible that that was a tongue-in-cheek remark.

I know it's almost unheard of for someone to pull a stunt like that on boards.ie, but if you think about it long and hard enough, it's just about feasible.

Of course it was tongue in cheek, but its loaded in such a fashion to promote and invite yet another Shinner bashing fest. Would you concur? Or how did you think the thread might progress after such a post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭celticfan32

And i gave you your answer !!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 waryeye

Oscar Bravo and Conor74 seem to be under the illusion that I said that being elected means you are a decent person?
    I said nothing of the sort and the examples of Hitler, Haughey and Netanyahu show that all sorts of madmen, greedy opportunists and cynical warmongers can fool a good percentage of the electorate most of the time.

In defending Martin Ferris and his consistency in standing by his former colleagues in the Republican movement I suggested he was considered, and is considered, a decent man by the electorate in North Kerry. That isn't to say they agreed with the killing of Jerry McCabe as I'm sure most did not.

I also contended that Ferris is a man of principle. Who joined the Republican movement when the North was on the verge of meltdown. And he served time in prison for his beliefs. Some, indeed most, people take exception to his beliefs. That's their right.

But I, for one, see nothing in Martin Ferris's life, or his actions, to suggest that he is not a loyal, true member of the Republican movement who has been motivated by the highest ideals.
    And if not one person voted for him in Kerry that would remain the case.
    The fact that they do in their thousands may be a source of irritation to others. But not to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

I just asked you. Is there a particular reason you don't want to answer?

Well apart from death threats, intimidation and murder, how would anyone apart from An Gardai Siochana & evidence, tackle todays drug dealers?

Get to grips with reality Willie, we all know the guards are either involved or scared ****less of these animals of Drug Lords !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Of course it was tongue in cheek, but its loaded in such a fashion to promote and invite yet another Shinner bashing fest. Would you concur? Or how did you thing the thread might progress after such a post?
    Oh yeah, I forgot: there's only one political party in this country we're not allowed to criticise.

I haven't noticed you crying about PD- or Green-bashing threads, for some reason.
    And i gave you your answer !!!!!!!!!
    No, you didn't. You dodged a direct question twice. I can only speculate as to why that is.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Get to grips with reality Willie, we all know the guards are either involved or scared ****less of these animals of Drug Lords !!!!
    Unless you've something intelligent to contribute, do us all a favour and stop posting.

Oh yeah, I forgot: there's only one political party in this country we're not allowed to criticise.

I haven't noticed you crying about PD- or Green-bashing threads, for some reason.

You can criticize any and every politicial party you wish as you are fully entitled to do of course. The sheer number of Shinner bashing threads, and worse still multiples of the same theme gets a bit old after a bit.

Haven't noticed any PD or Green bashing threads lately btw. I shall rush to the PDs defence as always. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Just ask the drug dealers in Tralee and Castleisland, not many drugs been sold there now !!!!!.

I would assume that that is down to the hard work of An Garda Siochana.

That would be the same police force that Martin Ferris has absoluely no regard for if he is to be judged by his actions.

Just ask the drug dealers in Tralee and Castleisland, not many drugs been sold there now

:D:D:D

Humour!

I could get you someone who could get you anything you want in Tralee within a half hour. Do you know Tralee? Do you know the crime rates there?

I will completely accept that the Shinners were once good at stopping any drug running, prostitution and protection that led to losses in their own similar rackets. I think the dogs on the street knew that. In light of that I think many will pick up your suggestion that Ferris is sorting out drug dealers as a actually a bit worrying...

• Advertisement

amcalester wrote: »
    I would assume that that is down to the hard work of An Garda Siochana.

That would be the same police force that Martin Ferris has absoluely no regard for if he is to be judged by his actions.

Its no coincidence that Dublins drug problem has gotten way worse since the Provos exited the stage. They were and are far better equipped to deal with the drug dealers than the Gardai. People mightn't like to hear that but if you were to ask around the inner city drug infested areas you'd get your answer from the locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Its no coincidence that Dublins drug problem has gotten way worse since the Provos exited the stage. They were and are far better equipped to deal with the drug dealers than the Gardai. People mightn't like to hear that but if you were to ask around the inner city drug infested areas you'd get your answer from the locals.

So now the provos are to be commended? And how pray tell did the provos dissuade the dealers from dealing?

Violence, intimidation and murder.
    Also their very actions meant that there were less Gardai available to tackle the drug problem, either by murdering them or by being involved in illegal activity which the Guards would then have to investigate.

As well as that there are many socio-economic reasons as to why the drug problem has gotten worse.

if you were to ask around the inner city drug infested areas you'd get your answer from the locals.

:D:D:D

That's why cocaine is taking over in places like Foxrock. You see in the good old days, when the area was in the grip of the Shinners...:rolleyes:

Actually, think anyone who works with drugs will commend the gardai for the number of crackdowns in recent years. Not Shinner thugs kicking some junkie to death because they like violence, but huge hauls of hard drugs.

amcalester wrote: »
    So now the provos are to be commended? And how pray tell did the provos dissuade the dealers from dealing?

Violence, intimidation and murder.
    Also their very actions meant that there were less Gardai available to tackle the drug problem, either by murdering them or by being involved in illegal activity which the Guards would then have to investigate.

As well as that there are many socio-economic reasons as to why the drug problem has gotten worse.

Yep the provos are to be highly commended for their efforts in trying to eradicate the drug problem.

I've nothing against the Gardai btw, a good bunch of lads and lassies who do their best. Would you really want to send a couple of young fresh faced coppers in against hardened drug dealing scum though? No way. The Provos should be made a legal army. They should be armed by the state and let get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yep the provos are to be highly commended for their efforts in trying to eradicate the drug problem.

I've nothing against the Gardai btw, a good bunch of lads and lassies who do their best. Would you really want to send a couple of young fresh faced coppers in against hardened drug dealing scum though? No way. The Provos should be made a legal army. They should be armed by the state and let get on with it.

I hear a lot of really stupid stuff on a daily basis, but that's probably the stupidest thing I've heard all year, without exception. I'll get the medal for "dumbest idea ever" cast; don't think there'll be much competition.

Well said !!!!!!!!! I totally agree with you

I hear a lot of really stupid stuff on a daily basis, but that's probably the stupidest thing I've heard all year, without exception. I'll get the medal for "dumbest idea ever" cast; don't think there'll be much competition.

Ok, you've a better idea? lets hear it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,168 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I am delighted to see the release of Kevin and Pearse. They have done their time and are now entitled to their freedom. Fair play to Martin for going to Castlrea to welcome his friends back into society. Martin is a highly respected politician and the people of north Kerry showed that in the last 2 elections. People might not know the amount of good work Martin has done for the people of North Kerry even though the 26 county police force tried their best to blacken his campaign.
    On the McCabe murder, yes i agree he should not have been shot but even the dogs on the street know it was not a planned murder. It was a robbery that went horribly wrong. All republicans know that Gardai are never to be killed.

Just another example of how SF/PIRA/SF supporters view this country as some quasi entity that doesn't exist or is only an interim state.
    They have publicly acknowledged the Republics existence so that they could get their slimey ar**s into the Dáil and try and pretend that they have
    changed but every now and then the veil slips.

That really is a comfort ot his family and his colleagues that it wasn't planned :rolleyes:

A bit like we all know that PIRA/SF members are involved in protection rackets, smuggling, theft, intimitation, etc, etc. ;)

Should we commend them for furthering the cause of micro surgery and limb re-attachement that was pioneered in Belfast while we are it :rolleyes:

Yeah lets arm them, what am I saying Martin can import them for them.
    Sure in the meantime they can have give a nice street kicking of a sunday afternoon to someone that may be a local drug lord or maybe even has looked crooked at one of their family.
    Perhaps they might even take them to a shed in Monaghan :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

waryeye wrote: »
    Willie Cocker I answered what I took to be your main point, on hatred etc. So now you want to indulge in a bit of `'whataboutery' ? Fair enough I guess.

What about Jean McConville? If she was killed by the IRA for tending to a dying British soldier well that is to be roundly condemned.
    Some say it was for other reasons . . . I don't know the truth of the matter. Maybe you do?

But do you want to say what about the lack of civil rights? Gerrymandering? Internment? Bloody Sunday. Shoot to kill by the RUC/British Army? On the other side what about La Mon? Enniskillen? Bloody Friday in Belfast. About defending Nationalist enclaves from loyalist murder gangs? I think you can see where whataboutery leads us? Nowhere. The war is over. Let it go.

Yawn, yawn, yawn!

Jaysus, the thread is about McCabe's murderers being released, FFS!!!! If we are to believe Ferret, Adamski & Co it doesn't even HAVE anything to do with the IRA.

And yet "we're" the ones who get accused for dragging crap up from the past ?

If we tried to make the link between these 2 and SF/IRA, we'd be told there was none; that they acted on their own!

So quit dragging "other" stuff up that has NOTHING to do with the fact that 2 murderers were released, and a TD went to collect them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Of course it was tongue in cheek, but its loaded in such a fashion to promote and invite yet another Shinner bashing fest. Would you concur? Or how did you think the thread might progress after such a post?

Well either the Ferris family have become contractors for the removal of excrement and sewrage from Castlrea prison, or they are freinds and fans of these monsters. Do you not recall Ms Ferris on the Late Late Show ? Yes, the night she appeared in a skirt she clearly bought from the wardrobe sale after the closure of Stringfellows. She wouldnt condemn these criminal thugs. Im quite certain they are not the only ones who have killed and maimed in the name of the "Republican" movement, who the Ferris family would laud and respect.

Your subsequent posts are an affront to the dignity of serious political posters. You must be seventeen and politically moronic, otherwise you support for such a movement wouldnt exist. Why not ahave a legitimately armed police force, rather then a vigilante movement full of nationalist Johnny Adair types. Grow up.

• Advertisement

The Provos should be made a legal army. They should be armed by the state and let get on with it.

Based on what, exactly ?

The fact that they've been illegal when loads of people didn't want them ?
    The fact that they've murdered so many Irish & British people ?
    The fact that they're so organised and worthy of being legal that EVERY atrocity has been viewed as "a mistake"
    The fact that they're so organised that any questionable action was taken by "individual members", rather than the so-called "organisation", and therefore implies that - having trained their members to be killers, they can't control them

Load of bollox of the highest order; if, as you say, the Provos have managed to control the drugs trade, then I haven't a clue what you're on.....

jmayo wrote: »

Should we commend them for furthering the cause of micro surgery and limb re-attachement that was pioneered in Belfast while we are it :rolleyes:

Yeah lets arm them, what am I saying Martin can import them for them.
    Sure in the meantime they can have give a nice street kicking of a sunday afternoon to someone that may be a local drug lord or maybe even has looked crooked at one of their family.
    Perhaps they might even take them to a shed in Monaghan :rolleyes:
    Wow what an astute analysis of the troubles. You should really write a book where you can highlight your deep knowledge of the minutae of the conflict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The criticism here of Sinn Fein, the IRA, Ferris is NOT the same thing as Kevin Myers-esque revisionism (which I find most objectionable) - and it's extremely cheap to resort to saying it is.
    As a nationalist/moderate republican, I am absolutely disgusted and saddened by the support for cold-blooded murderers here. As for "let it go - it's in the past": you'll be applying that to, for instance, RUC/loyalist collusion I presume?

Wow what an astute analysis of the troubles. You should really write a book where you can highlight your deep knowledge of the minutae of the conflict.
    Erin we should know from past experiences that this is an anti republican site. Its fine for the brits to colonise as many countries as they like and then go on to murder thousands of innocent people(i.e; Iraq) But yet when a small country like ours try to get rid of them we are all animals in the eyes of our so called country men !!!!!. They should all be put back to the times of the black and tans and then we would see their true colours !!!

Erin we should know from past experiences that this is an anti republican site. Its fine for the brits to colonise as many countries as they like and then go on to murder thousands of innocent people(i.e; Iraq) But yet when a small country like ours try to get rid of them we are all animals in the eyes of our so called country men !!!!!. They should all be put back to the times of the black and tans and then we would see their true colours !!!

Oh, go spout venom elsewhere, FFS!

"anti-republican site" my arse! Which page of "When losing an argument for dummies (IRA supporters edition)" did you find that on ?

And how is it even relevant ? How does murdering a Garda equate to "getting rid of the Brits" ? And even if there was some sense in the campaign to "get rid of the Brits" still going on at the time, the official SF/IRA line is that these guys operated off their own bat.

Het-Field wrote: »
    Well either the Ferris family have become contractors for the removal of excrement and sewrage from Castlrea prison, or they are freinds and fans of these monsters. Do you not recall Ms Ferris on the Late Late Show ? Yes, the night she appeared in a skirt she clearly bought from the wardrobe sale after the closure of Stringfellows. She wouldnt condemn these criminal thugs. Im quite certain they are not the only ones who have killed and maimed in the name of the "Republican" movement, who the Ferris family would laud and respect.

Your subsequent posts are an affront to the dignity of serious political posters. You must be seventeen and politically moronic, otherwise you support for such a movement wouldnt exist. Why not ahave a legitimately armed police force, rather then a vigilante movement full of nationalist Johnny Adair types. Grow up.

I would support a legitimtely armed police force to tackle serious crime like drug gangs running amok. They had something like that in Limerick for a bit iirc. My point about the effectiveness of the Provos dealing with drug criminals stands, although it rests uneasy with some of the posters on here that they were more effective that policing.

I find it highly ironic that people on here who preach in high tones (not aiming this at you btw) about the value of law and the justice system are the very ones who complain about the system most voiceferously, that the judges were too lenient, that the lads should have been hung and lots of other gripes against the system. The lads have served their debt to society for their crime and are now free men in the eyes of the law.

I would support a legitimtely armed police force to tackle serious crime like drug gangs running amok. They had something like that in Limerick for a bit iirc. My point about the effectiveness of the Provos dealing with drug criminals stands, although it rests uneasy with some of the posters on here that they were more effective that policing.

Because they weren't legitimate, because they made up their own rules, because there was no accountability - or responsibility - taken for their actions and their ****-ups.....

If everyone grabs an AK47 and implements their own version of morals, then there's no control.......which again reminds me that - allegedly - this was an "unsanctioned" operation which means that the IRA couldn't even control their own guys from doing illegal acts - acts which, according to sympathisers, are against the IRA's own rules.
    The lads have served their debt to society for their crime and are now free men in the eyes of the law.

"the lads" :rolleyes:

Yes, they're released; yes, they got away with a lesser sentence because of the intimidation of witnesses; but that won't stop the public having the EXACT same opinion as if there was a drug-dealer or other scumbag who'd intimidated witnesses, gotten a lighter sentence as a result, and was now walking the streets again....

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Oh, go spout venom elsewhere, FFS!

"anti-republican site" my arse! Which page of "When losing an argument for dummies (IRA supporters edition)" did you find that on ?

And how is it even relevant ? How does murdering a Garda equate to "getting rid of the Brits" ? And even if there was some sense in the campaign to "get rid of the Brits" still going on at the time, the official SF/IRA line is that these guys operated off their own bat.
    Hey look at the thousand or more people on both sides who have been murdered in the north including RUC officers. Yet McCabe is dead over 13 yrs now and its still going on. You dont hear RUC officers wive's going on like McCabes wife 13 years on. GET OVER IT, WE HAVE PEACE HERE NOW AND LONG MAY IT LAST

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Ok, you've a better idea? lets hear it then?

Additional funding to Gardai, provision of additional resources and training and manpower. Enormous victories have been won by the Gardaí against drug dealers and importation, if only they stuck in the public memory. Up the ante, more victories won. Allowing already armed scumbags carte blanche when the vast majority of people won't believe you for a nanosecond that they haven't had association with drugs on a financial level is still in the number one spot as far as the dumbest idea ever is concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I find it highly ironic that people on here who preach in high tones (not aiming this at you btw) about the value of law and the justice system are the very ones who complain about the system most voiceferously, that the judges were too lenient, that the lads should have been hung and lots of other gripes against the system. The lads have served their debt to society for their crime and are now free men in the eyes of the law.

Would legalisation of drugs not go a great deal further to dealing with these gang lords ? Why not spend money on creating a safe enviroment for people to abuse their own bodies ? Why not root out the problem by taking their market right from under these scumbag druglords ?

Iv not disagreed that these men shouldnt be released in due course of law. However, i have serious objections to the fact that witnesses were intimidated, I despise the fact that they killed a man in the course of committing an armed robbery (which can equally land them in jail for life). He was a police man protecting this state. These men are armed robbers and killers. The former's life is clearly worth far more then these douchbags. They are dangerous men, and have proven so. They are pieces of ****, who should be forgotten about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement