Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving Cert results night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was in Barcode last night and they were announcing that it's a tenner in and €3 a drink all night. €10 isn't too bad to be honest considering I was charged nearly €15 the night I went out for my results night.

BTW Mods apologies if this comes under breach of the charter for advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was in Barcode last night and they were announcing that it's a tenner in and €3 a drink all night. €10 isn't too bad to be honest considering I was charged nearly €15 the night I went out for my results night.

barcode on a wednesday???really??

uggh barcode! yuck....

what drinks did they say would be 3 euro??

RandomIrl wrote: »
    barcode on a wednesday???really??

uggh barcode! yuck....

what drinks did they say would be 3 euro??

Well everywhere is going to be open so it'd be a little stupid of them not to be open.

They didn't specify in any great length but they said "All drinks €3". So just take it as it is.

Well everywhere is going to be open so it'd be a little stupid of them not to be open.

They didn't specify in any great length but they said "All drinks €3". So just take it as it is.

not like them to give 3 euro drinks.. thanks dude ill pass it on to the ranks....

not like them to give 3 euro drinks.. thanks dude ill pass it on to the ranks....

Makes sense. They're hardly going to charge full price on drinks because they know themselves that students can't afford those type of prices they usually charge.

Have a good one anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That's not advertising, that's an opinion.

If, however, you had one post to your name, that would be advertising. :)

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    That's not advertising, that's an opinion.

If, however, you had one post to your name, that would be advertising. :)

Ah cool. Thank you.

*opens a cool bottle of Coke and slurps on the goodness* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

phasers wrote: »
    I would rather rip off my arms than hang out with my former school friends/ a large group of drunken school kids

I was going to follow this with a witty reply but it will more than likely get me banned;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Don't they have 3 euro Amstel on Thursdays? Never been on any other day so couldn't comment about any other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Secoundrow wrote: »
    I was going to follow this with a witty reply but it will more than likely get me banned;)
    cheeky :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

The Turks Head in Temple Bar are having Promotions that night!

I think I saw it on Facebook or something, I don't particularly like that bar though, it's a bit smaaaaaaall.

Are any of the pubs, rock bars having promotions? I wish they were! Damn nightclubs!

Silent Disco sounds good, but I wouldn't want to be there all night so €15 in is a bit much!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dec0512

Anyone heard anyting about Dandelion ??

Don't they have 3 euro Amstel on Thursdays? Never been on any other day so couldn't comment about any other time.

ah maybe dont drink it myself but they wouldnt be renowned for their drink promos at all at all..its more the letting in of underagers!
    anyway back on topic.....
    anyone hear any other nights going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Dec0512 wrote: »
    I'd avoid that place like the plague, very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I would rather rip off my arms than hang out with my former school friends/ a large group of drunken school kids

:rolleyes:
    Jammy wrote: »

Think it's the nightclub part of the Turks Head, called NICE.
    Dec0512 wrote: »
    Jello wrote: »
    I'd avoid that place like the plague, very expensive.

Expensive and over 21's afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Anyone else find that bouncers simply hate leaving certs grad night and end of leaving cert in galway most ware cnuts ..
    Lik just turning 18year olds away because they ware leaving certs
    (how they even new we ware leaving certs ill never know:rolleyes:)

hope wensday is better

oh and that whole
    how did you do??
    thing alnight from EVERY person you meet will be the ultimate sickner:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

:rolleyes:
    How witty.

Jammy wrote: »

I think I saw it on Facebook or something, I don't particularly like that bar though, it's a bit smaaaaaaall.

Are any of the pubs, rock bars having promotions? I wish they were! Damn nightclubs!

Silent Disco sounds good, but I wouldn't want to be there all night so €15 in is a bit much!

Everywhere is gonna be expensive getting in. But the thing is though they get away with it and people are prepared to pay over the odds to get into these places.

Fibbers on a Wednesday do €3 a drink AFAIK. Well the last time I was there they were doing it but that was last June.
    Give them a ring and ask them as I'm not sure cos it's been a while since I've been there of a Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I must agree, because I did transition year and half my friends didn't we all celebrated last year. I couldn't think of anythinng more painful than spending a night minding drunken "friends" in the bathroom of pubs after they used you for your I.D.
    Not fun, think I'll do something worth remembering with my real friends :D

Bondi, Barcode and supposely Break for the Border all have LC results parties on Wednesday, defo the first two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

just adding to that list...
    burn and club 92 also have nights on.Club 92 is sold out though.Its having a frat party that should be good fun,looking forward to it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I'll wait for my friend to tell me where to go. He's always the one who tells the rest of us where to go and stuff, the rest of us can never be bothered planning anything (except for girl who has free house regularly).

No matter what happens I'll be getting wasted, either to celebrate or to drown my sorrows, and I'm really not sure which it'll be.

Shame nothing is ever on near where I am, and I don't really like Wexford town that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Secoundrow wrote: »
    Muse Marley park 13th augest 2008 gates open 5.30pm:D??

Im looking at my ticket from last year now:p

I went with a bus load of leaving certs who just got there results last year;)

savage night got pit pases and all
    Saaame! Fuckin good concert!!

We need a good concert this year!

Bondi, Barcode and supposely Break for the Border all have LC results parties on Wednesday, defo the first two.

Everywhere will have LC nights on. If you're still in the dark as to where you should go then go into town early, get something to eat and walk about for a bit. There's always people giving out concessions for various night clubs.

Randomness FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I don't even know if I'm going out yet at all, If I get bad results I'll just want to go home and cry/sleep.

I guess we'll decide on the night but it'll probably be the usual haunts of either Crawdaddy or the Button Factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

If i'm happy with my results i'll definitely be going out. However, if i'm not happy, going out will be the least of my worries! Just stay in and cry myself to sleep! :O

If i do go out i hope i get in. Being 17 is a pain! The hassle of ID and all is just annoying. Ah well, it'll all work out hopefully!

Piste wrote: »

I guess we'll decide on the night but it'll probably be the usual haunts of either Crawdaddy or the Button Factory.

Is Antics still on, on this Wednesday or is the slient disco taking over the whole place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

johnk123 wrote: »
    If i do go out i hope i get in. Being 17 is a pain! The hassle of ID and all is just annoying. Ah well, it'll all work out hopefully!

I know I'm 17 aswell and I know I won't have a hope in hell getting in. They're going to be very strict. Don't drink myself but going out just to see all the leaving certs again. If I don't do well, then sure, whats done is done. Just gonna have to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Shame nothing is ever on near where I am, and I don't really like Wexford town that much.

WHUT!? Shhhhtores is a great place to go out!
    I'm thinking of heading there even, assuming it's open!

I' think we'd all agree that the Music Factory is to be avoided at all costs though.
    Piste wrote: »
    I don't even know if I'm going out yet at all, If I get bad results I'll just want to go home and cry/sleep.

I'm doing the same as yourself. People are texting me about plans for the day/ night and I'm just really REALLY not bothered organising something in advance.

Also, results etiquette, y'all.
    No matter how happy you are, there will always be a depressed few around.
    If you spend the night gloating, karma will eventually come around and bite you.
    I had to spend the day last year listening to my friends gloating away, drove me insane.
    Even though I actually did the same/ better than them, it was a real balls listening to their gloats and plans when I myself was prettttttty disappointed. Don't do it. Don't.
    I'm not saying don't be happy, I'm just saying- be careful who you show off to!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

i couldn't agree more about the boasting thing! i know sometimes if someone does really well the reason they boast is because they're in shock or they have serious self esteem issues but it's a horrid thing to do especially around anyone who's not so pleased with their results. i didn't get l.c results last year but i went out anyway and there was a guy who boasted to everyone regardless including the staff at burgarking. everybody hates him ever since and it has proved the point that you don't always have to be very clever to get 600 points! :p

Advertisement