Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no wonder Ireland is in the toilet

Options
  • 04-08-2009 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭

Was flicking channels and happened to land on Ireland AM, and i cant believe in this day and age in a recession with cutbacks job losses pension levies etc that there is a family in Ireland that is getting 3800 euro a month in benefits and believe this is not enough money for them, plasma screens in the house etc etc

It beggars belief that the welfare system is allowing them to get away with it while theres talks of cutting the dole for the ordinary joe soap

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

It seems like a lot but look at the number of kids they have, consider that a lot of this is rent allowance too - it's not as much as you would believe.

I personally believe that no-one should get money for nothing, there are plenty of schools etc to be built so let people work for the money but i do have an issue with media sensationalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

For a second I thought the title was meant to be self-referential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

shinzon wrote: »
    no wonder this countries in the toilet

Agreed. Until we learn the difference between plural and singular nouns we're never going to fight our way out of this recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

thats well above the average wage.... about 43000 grand or something a year! with no tax!! Unless she has more than 8 kids, thats a ****ing disgrace.

There are families struggling on alot less than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

recession smession, a mans gota live

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

In this country you have to be rich, or poor.

The normal Joes in the middle get screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

neil_hosey wrote: »
    thats well above the average wage.... about 43000 grand or something a year! with no tax!! Unless she has more than 8 kids, thats a ****ing disgrace.

There are families struggling on alot less than that.

I think they do have 8 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Why do poor spellers have the most reactionary opinions?

I'd love to see a study with some empirical data on this.

That said, the Revenue system does need to be overhauled. But don't get your opinions from Ireland AM, it's a really poor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Thats over 45000 in benefits... thats where the bloody problem is with the country! If the parents are willing to have that many kids they should be fu*kin made look after them themselves.. plasma screens indeed.

theres a wonan beside me got 22 kids wonder how much she gets, they knocked three houses into one for her but that still only gives them 10 bedrooms, before you ask there are three sets of triplets and three sets of twins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

fintonie wrote: »
    theres a wonan beside me got 22 kids wonder how much she gets, they knocked three houses into one for her but that still only gives them 10 bedrooms, before you ask there are three sets of triplets and three sets of twins.

With that many kids she'd need an extension onto her extension until the house goes around in a circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

before you ask there are three sets of triplets and three sets of twins.

thats 15 children :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

She's not the old one who lives in a shoe???

markok84 wrote: »

inter alia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

DamoDLK wrote: »
    inter alia

Ya I went interailing last summer, mighty craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Bloody hell, how could a person keep track?? I mean 22 kids, my dad has problems getting my name right and there is only 3 of us. :D That's insane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You think she might have given up at oh say...the 2nd set of triplets?

the rest were singles;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Agreed. Until we learn the difference between plural and singular nouns we're never going to fight our way out of this recession.

I miss full stops.

You think she might have given up at oh say...the 2nd set of triplets?

some people just love kids:eek:

I think she holds some sort of record she was on tv at some stage, a big tv of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

some people just love kids:eek:

If she's able to pay her way she can have 122 for all I care.

If we're paying her way then the word for the day is sterilised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    With that many kids she'd need an extension onto her extension until the house goes around in a circle.

Yeah it's not a great accomodation solution but you should have seen the shoe they were living in beforehand!

If she's able to pay her way she can have 122 for all I care.

If we're paying her way then the word for the day is sterilised.

as far as I know they get the oul cloth on the face regular nuff.

Ya I went interailing last summer, mighty craic.

lol! smart arse!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

theres a wonan beside me got 22 kids....

Ah for feck sake people, its a vagina not a clown car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 zGeek

mad statement. :eek:

dysfunct wrote: »
    Ah for feck sake people, its a vagina not a clown car!

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

shinzon wrote: »
    Was flicking channels and happened to land on Ireland AM, and i cant believe in this day and age in a recession with cutbacks job losses pension levies etc that there is a family in Ireland that is getting 3800 euro a month in benefits and believe this is not enough money for them, plasma screens in the house etc etc

It beggars belief that the welfare system is allowing them to get away with it while theres talks of cutting the dole for the ordinary joe soap

Shin

For someone complaining about unemployed people.
    I would be quite interested in why you were at home at that time of the day-considering it is the first working day of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 zGeek

KINGVictor wrote: »
    For someone complaining about unemployed people.
    I would be quite interested in why you were at home at that time of the day-considering it is the first working day of the week.

he's a low-life? :rolleyes:
    I would also be intrigued to hear why he was doing nothing all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

22 kids eh? 2 soccer teams. You think she could've popped out a few more to fill the subs bench?! Pfffttt!

Advertisement