Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no wonder Ireland is in the toilet

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mr.Pong

Tthat family is no worse than the government and the rich hob-nobs taking money they don't need. if you've got 8 kids it's not exactly easy to find work anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

"The tears fall down Danielle Harte's face as she sits opposite her 50in Plasma TV screen. 'Sometimes I think I was put on this earth to suffer,' she says, her husband Ger nodding quietly in agreement.

To most it might seem as if Ger, 33, and Danielle, 31, have done a pretty good job. After all, they and their six children live in an eight-bedroom, €440,000 detached house in picturesque Ardnacrusha, Co. Clare. Not bad for a couple living entirely on welfare.

Danielle has never worked outside the home. Ger gave up his €420-a-week job in a cash and carry more than four years ago, because he figured he'd get more money in welfare benefits. He was right. Every month they take home approximately €3,800, courtesy of the taxpayer.

'We get €480 a week in dole for the eight of us; about €800 a month in rent allowance, and then child benefit of €1,144. That's what we have to live on,' Danielle complains.

Ger adds: 'I was offered a job but if I took it we wouldn't get the rent allowance, so it's not worth my while.

Even in the boom times, Danielle and Ger didn't work and they admit there is no incentive to get a job.

The couple once lived in a suite in Jury's Hotel for three months, paid for by Limerick City Council because no emergency accommodation was available."

I'm not one bit sorry when I say that these people are nothing but parasitic scum who deserve to be fcuked and broken as soon as possible. Cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

A girl I know has 2 kids and gets the full €1,200 of rent paid for a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

i know a couple they have 5 kids but not married haes on the rocknroll and working full time, and she gets full benifits for her and the kids as a single mum,

it gets better they get money from st vincent de paul every month to help pay bills and at easter and xmas get a massive hamper just in case they are having it tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

fintonie wrote: »
    i know a couple they have 5 kids but not married haes on the rocknroll and working full time, and she gets full benifits for her and the kids as a single mum,

it gets better they get money from st vincent de paul every month to help pay bills and at easter and xmas get a massive hamper just in case they are having it tough.

Another Roll of I know a couple...I know a woman etc anectodal stories.

While I would not condone the statements made by the man -that he quit his job because he was better off on welfare , no right-thinking,self -respecting person would want to live like that and especially considering he has 6 kids that look up to them as role models.

I am going to fault that story because they factored the Child benefit into the plus €40,000 they are supposedly getting which incidentally forms a sizeable part of the total.CB is a universal payment in this country,so it means Brian Cowen and all ministers with children get the same money...so do all the rich people in this country....which I think is absolutely laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

In that case:

Reporting possible fraud
    The Central Control Section of the Department of Social and Family Affairs accepts reports of possible fraud offered by members of the public in relation to the Department’s schemes.
    Reports are accepted by email, phone or in writing. All reports are dealt with in confidence. A member of the public may give details anonymously.
    Contact Details:
    By email: central.control@welfare.ie
    By phone: (01) 704 3000, ask for Central Control Section,
    By Post: Central Control Division, Shannon Lodge, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim.

(from http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Press/PressReleases/2009/Pages/pr210109.aspx)

el_weirdo wrote: »
    In that case:
    Reporting possible fraud
    The Central Control Section of the Department of Social and Family Affairs accepts reports of possible fraud offered by members of the public in relation to the Department’s schemes.
    Reports are accepted by email, phone or in writing. All reports are dealt with in confidence. A member of the public may give details anonymously.
    Contact Details:
    By email: central.control@welfare.ie
    By phone: (01) 704 3000, ask for Central Control Section,
    By Post: Central Control Division, Shannon Lodge, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim.
    (from
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Press/PressReleases/2009/Pages/pr210109.aspx)

they pay guys to do this let them earn there money i dont see no bounty

I presume, by that reasoning, that you would expect the Gardai to just happen to be driving past your house at the precise time you were being burgled...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

feck that sh1te.
    What ever happened to hand me downs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Yo dawg
    we heard you like to have kids
    so we put an extension on your extension
    so you can roide while you roide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CatacombKittens

markesmith wrote: »
    Why do poor spellers have the most reactionary opinions?

I'd love to see a study with some empirical data on this.

That said, the Revenue system does need to be overhauled. But don't get your opinions from Ireland AM, it's a really poor show.

I hate it, because it's style over substance, but it there is a correlation there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

are your taxes paying for their excess 'needs' ore are you on welfare too?

Also, if you believe that they are undeservedly receiving money from the SVP, why don't you speak to them? I'm pretty sure that they don't have paid investigators...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

That woman must be getting infertility treatment because having so many sets of twins/triplets is near impossible naturally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭granite man

are your taxes paying for their excess 'needs' ore are you on welfare too?

They aren't our taxes as the people who look after them consider them theirs. And they do whatever they fancy with them, generally having a very nice luxerious time on the way. Don't think you've any say in your taxes, cos you haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

When you exclude the child benefit they are getting the equivalent of a €43,700 pa salary (single income, married). I'd imagine there are other benefits on top as well. With child benefit it comes up to €65,000 but as pointed out, everyone with kids can get that regardless of circumstances. I can't blame them for not wanting to work, the system is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

In fairness I really think it's ridiculous, this system needs an overhaul, four tvs between 6 of them it said in the paper. Two cars too. Most of us sweat bullets for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Long Onion wrote: »
    It seems like a lot but look at the number of kids they have, consider that a lot of this is rent allowance too - it's not as much as you would believe.

I personally believe that no-one should get money for nothing, there are plenty of schools etc to be built so let people work for the money but i do have an issue with media sensationalism.

It translates to a €70k a year gross salary, roughly. Not a lot of people earn that; when you earn significantly less yet there people "struggling to survive" on state benefits giving them more, those people on benefits like that need a reality check.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Searches for the phonebook to get the number for local st vincent de pauls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Agreed. Until we learn the difference between plural and singular nouns we're never going to fight our way out of this recession.
    bloody nazi. And look! Most of the f**king third reich backed you up on on that one! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Here is my situation.
    Self employed, employ a few people but for the past few months, i had to borrow money to pay wages because 6 of my clients (builders) have gone into liquidation, and a lot more say they can't pay me because the banks won't release money. Now they won't give me some more to pay off the Revenue, as........
    Last week, i get a letter from the revenue giving me 7 days to pay 'x' amount of money including penalties and interest or else i will be ' named and shamed ' in the papers and the sherrif will be seizing my goods. First of all how the **** am i suppost to pay when i'm not getting any money in. I haven't had a full weeks wage in over 8 months, i don't want to be a burden on the state but it seems like i am such a ****ing idiot . I have a few kids and a wife that can't work because of serious illness, and even for that, we've tried to pay our way, any savings we ever had are gone as treatment was more important.
    So, what the **** am i suppost to do, anyone who tries to take any of my goods for whatever reason will get a bullet in the head, because i'm really on the edge after this. Looks like there is a much easier way, give up and draw social welfare, and give up being punished for trying to do the best for my family by working.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

KINGVictor wrote: »
    For someone complaining about unemployed people.
    I would be quite interested in why you were at home at that time of the day-considering it is the first working day of the week.

I Work Night shifts

:rolleyes:

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ireland is in the toilet alright, with all those ****heads in government. :D

galwayrush wrote: »
    Here is my situation.
    Self employed, employ a few people but for the past few months, i had to borrow money to pay wages because 6 of my clients (builders) have gone into liquidation, and a lot more say they can't pay me because the banks won't release money. Now they won't give me some more to pay off the Revenue, as........
    Last week, i get a letter from the revenue giving me 7 days to pay 'x' amount of money including penalties and interest or else i will be ' named and shamed ' in the papers and the sherrif will be seizing my goods. First of all how the **** am i suppost to pay when i'm not getting any money in. I haven't had a full weeks wage in over 8 months, i don't want to be a burden on the state but it seems like i am such a ****ing idiot . I have a few kids and a wife that can't work because of serious illness, and even for that, we've tried to pay our way, any savings we ever had are gone as treatment was more important.
    So, what the **** am i suppost to do, anyone who tries to take any of my goods for whatever reason will get a bullet in the head, because i'm really on the edge after this. Looks like there is a much easier way, give up and draw social welfare, and give up being punished for trying to do the best for my family by working.

my advice bankruptcy, go to your local dole office and sign on now the longer you leave it the more they will say, if your were not claiming social you were earning,

the country is not going to come back to itself for some time if at all, but once your social is set up you can keep your finger in your area of business if it still worth it,

if you are on the social any judgments made against you will have to take this into consideration, you were trying to do your best, its time for you to use whatever resources are there to get through this tough time,

I hope it works out for you, I know its tough now and believe me I do but it will get better, there a shower of bastards for letting it get this bad and then try to screw Joe public over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Ya think the government would give them some condoms instead of so much money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

and to think a lot of people consider fianna fail a right wing party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

it pays to have kids and not marry, everything is provided for you. Why work? :mad:

gurramok wrote: »
    it pays to have kids and not marry, everything is provided for you. Why work? :mad:

The solution to the problem is simples, decree that making baby's is now considered to be working and may effect your payments, then sit back and watch,

news flash, in maternity units throughout Ireland this year there were a total of 5 births.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

theres a wonan beside me got 22 kids wonder how much she gets, they knocked three houses into one for her but that still only gives them 10 bedrooms, before you ask there are three sets of triplets and three sets of twins.
    does she live in a shoe?

• Advertisement

does she live in a shoe?

be serious where would you get a shoe that size it would need to be a boot at least.

Advertisement