Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter here--Boards Fantasy Premier league 2009/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Top of the league after yesterday's fixtures. That will all change after Monday night though. Rooney as captain did the business for me, along with clean sheet for Given and the backline conceding no goals either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

My 6 players from yesterday scooped me 50 points.
    My captain Rooney had a large part to play in that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

36 pts from 9. Have Kuyt and Torres (c) to try and drag me up to the 50 point mark

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

57th from 57 :rolleyes: ...can't get much worse anyway!! Toress with a hat trick tonight would go a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Last week for entries guys, so if anyone wants in please post ASAP.

Terrible result last night. I know its early in the season, but I'm starting to hope Raft goes at the end of it along with the yanks. I don't know why they sold the club to those yanks when there was massive interest from some big spenders from the middle east etc. So sad to see a great club going backwards. At the moment I can never see them compete with Utd or any other big European clubs again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

I made a huge gamble and brought in Saha instead of Anelka and had 4.5 left in the bank (mistake no.1). I then switched Saha to my captain instead of Berbatov (mistake no.2). Berbatov scored, Anelka scored and Saha missed a penalty. My sub cost me over 25points. PAOTF :mad:

I did something similar by swapping A Young and T Cahill as Everton were playing Burnley.
    Got stung for about 8 or 9 points with that boo boo.

49 points this week. 150 in total

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

1st time doing this boards thing, got 80 points this week. anyone beat that, got penailised by having half of my teams not playing last midweek and hit the rock bottom, but shot back up .

this is kinda fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

Did alright except made the inspired decision to swap Rooney for Robinho :o and made him captain, missed out on 18 points :mad:

• Advertisement

YULETIRED wrote: »
    1st time doing this boards thing, got 80 points this week. anyone beat that, got penailised by having half of my teams not playing last midweek and hit the rock bottom, but shot back up .

this is kinda fun.

you have 35 more weeks of this.... its can become very long and when its over your counting the weeks to the new season. Its always good fun when your running well.

Enzo Scifo wrote: »
    Did alright except made the inspired decision to swap Rooney for Robinho :o and made him captain, missed out on 18 points :mad:

I think Robinho is a waste of time and he only plays well during the spring months, once winter hits he disappears out of the team. Waste of 40 million if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

Disastrous 2 weeks - 32 points and 50 points and down we drop. From Top 10 after GW2 to 42nd after GW4. Back to the drawing board .....

Disastrous 2 weeks - 32 points and 50 points and down we drop. From Top 10 after GW2 to 42nd after GW4. Back to the drawing board .....

USE YOUR WILD CARD, actually everyone use there wild card...lol

The league is now closed to new entries, unless you want to join with a zero start score.

No matchs this weekend, what will I do...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

Had to use my wildcard after 1st Gameweek, would have scored sweet f all in Gameweek 2.

Taking a bit of a risk this week with 2 transfers, need the new signing -4 pts to do better than 2 of my other defenders for it to be a profitable move, i am happy enough if it breaks even!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

Ollieboy wrote: »
    USE YOUR WILD CARD, actually everyone use there wild card...lol

The league is now closed to new entries, unless you want to join with a zero start score.

No matchs this weekend, what will I do...lol

Too late, I'm afraid - managed to use that after GW2. Seriously messed up now, lol !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

Since entry's are closed now what way will the prizes be distributed........1st 2nd 3rd.......

bazwin wrote: »
    Since entry's are closed now what way will the prizes be distributed........1st 2nd 3rd.......

total number of players that paid up, (maybe Connie could confirm this when he gets a chance).

50% for 1st
    30% for 2nd
    20% for 3rd

I'm currently 3rd...yipee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

looks like 68 entries, so assuming that all paid up gives us:

1st $680
    2nd $408
    3rd $272

Feck it. I changed my captain to Defoe from Rooney thinking he would run riot against Birmingham but that didn't transpire so I missed out on 8 more points. The rest of the team were also poor so only managed 40 points. Went from 3rd to 24th lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

pkaces wrote: »

CLASSIC
    One of the funniest moments on match of the day.

I've set up a UEFA Champions League FF for the poker forum. No entry fee, just for $hitzngiggles

http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/

3104-972

Those who were in it last season will be automatically entered once they log on to site. Anyone else feel free to join

KevIRL wrote: »
    I've set up a UEFA Champions League FF for the poker forum. No entry fee, just for $hitzngiggles

3104-972

Those who were in it last season will be automatically entered once they log on to site. Anyone else feel free to join

Do you have a job/life etc....?...lol

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Do you have a job/life etc....?...lol

none of the above obv

KevIRL wrote: »

3104-972

Nice one Kev, will get a team in over the weekend.

Not at all sure about my team for the weekend, some very awkward fixtures, I brought in Upson and dumped Cahill who'd been shining my bench mostly up to now.
    My guess is this could be a relatively low scoring week in general just looking at the fixtures unless Gerrard or Rooney get a hatrick as they'd be captain for alot of teams.

Bah $hitty score of 48 sees me drop down from 3rd down to 11th :(

Meh, 45 points,that won't do at all.

• Advertisement

Reminder to do the CL FF

3104-972

Advertisement