Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭blade1

And it was a trip in the house that actually injured ya! :pac:

If only you knew me :pac:

11 broken bones and loads of other wounds including bottle smashed off my head,finger sliced into the bone with a broken pint glass, stabbed with some sort of a spike in the stomach, hands and fingers damaged with work machines/tools.
    Head on collision in a car.
    A few bike incidents, two bad ones.

I could go on all day.
    The stuff I have gotten away without injury is more interesting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

blade1 wrote: »
    If only you knew me :pac:

11 broken bones and loads of other wounds including bottle smashed off my head,finger sliced into the bone with a broken pint glass, stabbed with some sort of a spike in the stomach, hands and fingers damaged with work machines/tools.
    Head on collision in a car.
    A few bike incidents, two bad ones.

I could go on all day.
    The stuff I have gotten away without injury is more interesting :pac:

And he only went out for 1 that night.

zubair wrote: »
    And he only went out for 1 that night.

Where'd ya think they got the inspiration for Roadhouse from? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TheQ_Man

InitialG wrote: »
    Had a similar issue with a bike I sold recently. Bike would have fuel and spark. Could visibly see the spark and the plugs were wet but couldn't understand why she wouldn't fire. Bike would pop and backfire but wouldn't fire.

Turns out the engine was hydraulically locked. Too much fuel in the cylinders caused this. Had to be drained and turned over by hand and then it fired once everything was back together and fuel was fed back in.

Might not be the issue you have but something to keep in mind.

What you say actually makes sense.

Changing the fluid is worth a try.

Yeah I’ll give it a go once I find the time. A slave cylinder for that bike is €130 :eek:

• Advertisement

I suppose the stoppies done that.
    Landing from wheelies would as well but I only done around 10 of those.
    I'll say one thing, she's solid enough on one wheel at around 140mph :D

No shortage of stoppies on that tyre. :D

So that explains why the fork seals blew :(

Only 140? That was in second gear?

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    No shortage of stoppies on that tyre. :D

So that explains why the fork seals blew :(

Only 140? That was in second gear?

About 4th at that stage I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

550279.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,395 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

InitialG wrote: »
    Turns out the engine was hydraulically locked. Too much fuel in the cylinders caused this. Had to be drained and turned over by hand and then it fired once everything was back together and fuel was fed back in.

If it's hydraulically locked it won't turn over, you can't compress liquid after all.

A few people had this happen on GPz900Rs if the float valves were a little leaky and the vacuum fuel tap wasn't shutting off as it should, if unlucky it'd fire on one cylinder before the locked one hit TDC, which would result in a bent conrod!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Goose81

IMG-20210417-160256.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

https://imgur.com/a/I64tjyh

Tucked up in bed after 200km around Wicklow yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

https://imgur.com/a/I64tjyh

Tucked up in bed after 200km around Wicklow yesterday.
    A lot of bikes out n about in laragh / roundwood passed through about 1 pm on my 100km scoot

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Two bikers killed yesterday and eight in total since New Year. The hill of Howth was like IOM TT races yesterday (madness) with the power rangers in full leather . Slow down people.

Two bikers killed yesterday and eight in total since New Year. The hill of Howth was like IOM TT races yesterday (madness) with the power rangers in full leather . Slow down people.

I was out there with a mate, agreed it was madness. Don't know what leather suits have to do with anything though, you come off a bike and its the best chance you have :confused:

Goose81 wrote: »
    I was out there with a mate, agreed it was madness. Don't know what leather suits have to do with anything though, you come off a bike and its the best chance you have :confused:

I think the implication is that there are some who like the full leather and sports bike look for how it looks rather than how they drive and then you have the competence v capability & over confidence clash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Not sure why anybody on a sports bike would go to Howth in the middle of the day for a spin. Can't think of a worse spin on one!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

batman_oh wrote: »
    Not sure why anybody on a sports bike would go to Howth in the middle of the day for a spin. Can't think of a worse spin on one!

Particularly on a day with traffic worse than a sunny bank holiday Sunday ;). They arrive into Howth in bumper to bumper traffic, get coffee in Il Panorama while their girlfriends recover from having their knees around their chin on the back of the sports bike :D:D:D then fly up and over the hill.

Chatting to a lad who was with a massive group of bikers, it was their mate who died during the week and it was his favourite spot so they all went on a spin out there , that's why there was so many there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Be careful out there folks. Especially if you've been off the road for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

zubair wrote: »
    Be careful out there folks. Especially if you've been off the road for a bit.

And more especially when you come across those who've been off the road for a bit....

seasonal riders what what :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

20210421-110537.jpg

Fannin pass offaly.

What a day!

IMG-20210421-111439.jpg

What a day!

IMG-20210421-111439.jpg

Overlooking Dungarvan?

Overlooking Dungarvan?
    Yep.
    Down to kilmeaden, over to carrick on suir and back.

Yep.
    Down to kilmeaden, over to carrick on suir and back.

Nice spin. More importantly how’s the head with the lid on?

The amount of fresh blood was minimal. :)

that's always a nice thing to see a lack of when doing anything to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Was just thinking that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

332yb8KDJYpwjI.jpg

Took the Deau for a spin yesterday (brilliant weather). Found one of the narrowest roads in the Country.....Ballaghisheen Pass in Co. Kerry332yb8K

• Advertisement

that's always a nice thing to see a lack of when doing anything to be fair.

Well this morning was the first time I could have a proper shower where I could shampoo my hair.
    Came out of shower with less scab on wound and more blood than helmet yesterday.

So based on this, biking is safer than having a shower.
    Fact! :pac:

Advertisement