Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you 'let out' your anger

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't get angry I get even!

I stubbed my toe on the bed there half an hour ago so I set the bed on fire, that'll teach that piece of **** bed to mess with me. Wrecked now though off to be... Bollix!!

easier to get rid of the toe then it would never appen again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I punch kittens.

Doc wrote: »
    I pounch kittens.

mmmmmmmmmm does it hurt you to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

fintonie wrote: »
    mmmmmmmmmm does it hurt you to do that

oh dear

Ill pounch you in a minute if you dont shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

I bottle my anger and sell it as aftershave, Anger the new fragrence for men. from AG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I'm a furniture kicker. I feel it coming on me like a wave and the nearest thing gets it. 3 good skelps and the anger is gone. I'd never hurt another living thing when I'm like that, I'm glad to say (obviously that doesn't include cats)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Anger.

I actually don't get angry too often. Usually I remind myself that the object of my potential anger wouldn't last a heart beat if I decide its time for retribution.

My victim would then have me charged with assault, when they eventually come out of their coma. Then I'd lose my job, and everything that entails.

And that folks, is the Gods honest reason I keep my anger under control.

the field the field run scream shout but ask the farmer first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I work it off by doing something physical like diy ,gardening , housework with some music in the background but I dont go looking for reasons to be angry .Some people will over react to something trivial and blow it all out of proportion .They are toxic .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I use this technique which was taught to me by a Zen Master.

Just sit back, relax, feel the tension leave your body ... picture yourself near a stream.

Birds are chirping in the crisp, cool mountain air.

Butterflies waft in the breeze.

Leaves rustle.

Nothing can bother you here.

Nobody knows this secret place.

You are in complete seclusion from that place called 'the world'.

The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

The water is crystal clear.

You can easily make out the face of the person whose head you are holding under the water.

There now........ doesn't that make you feel better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I vent my anger down in the field with a bucket full of cardridges,the oul shotgun and a clay pegion trap:cool: works wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Either by lashing out at a football or going ape shít on a punch bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I shoot things, bought a rifle a few years ago and even target shooting is an excellent stress reliever.

Driving range is also a good one, punching a pebbledash wall not so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

hulk smash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I use to stick a picture of a hated celeb or politician on a dartboard and throw away to my hearts content .You can of course choose from your own personal photo collection .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

beat my redheaded stepchild

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

i run....it releases the stress and activity releases endorphines so you feel good about yourself afterwards!

if you get a crisp bag and beat it up with aan empty coke bottle, green peace all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

beat my redheaded stepchild

I beat his redheaded stepchild

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

*high five*

Oh wait you are fry...

/beat

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote: »
    I beat his redheaded stepchild
    is your avator the face the redheaded child makes when beaten?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Isn't boards the perfect place to let out your anger? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I destroy something, kill a few prostitutes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

*SERENITY NOW!*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Shoot some zombies.

Well shooting anything really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

is your avator the face the redheaded child makes when beaten?

No, thats me when I'm going a little Craaazzzzzzzzy :pac:

KTRIC wrote: »
    No, thats me when I'm going a little Craaazzzzzzzzy :pac:
    so ya always try and replicate the :pac: smilie when you go crazy?! its like a perfect match

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

raah! wrote: »
    Apparantly it's less "healthy" to let it out than to keep it in. That is, people who release their anger more, are more likely to be more angry. Pseudo-scientific studies have 'proved' it. This information comes from an episode of "pen and teller's something or other" I saw last night, so perhaps it's not so reliable. But then neither are many of the findings of psychologists :)
    No, people will feel angry no matter what, whether they keep it in or what. Keeping it in isj ust more frustrating. Stupid psychologists.

jumpguy wrote: »
    No, people will feel angry no matter what, whether they keep it in or what. Keeping it in isj ust more frustrating. Stupid psychologists.

here here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

A game of Astro football. Kick the ball as hard as ye can a few times, and kick a few shins. A few lunging tackles, no malicious intent obviously. Aaaaah, thats better.

I sometimes have to lie down in bed for 30 mins to 'cool off'. My mind feels mangled and tangled and a lie down de-tangled my brain bits.

Kev.
    (In lovely form today, its sunny and I'm off work)

Advertisement