Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you 'let out' your anger

Options
  • 03-08-2009 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭

Just recovering from a spell of anger myself, at this late hour, there's not much to resort to other than silently fuming. I need a better way a healthier way. I thought how do the people of After Hours reduce their stress (besides continuously fapping)? Your ideas are needed.

JUMPGUY WANTS YOU!

First person to say "I fap" gets lots of thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I fap.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I just ban a few people from boards. :pac:

Very therapeutic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

I take the kids to the pool!!!...if ya know what i mean!!! ;)
    take a dump!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I stick on a CD/MP3 (metalhead!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

smashey wrote: »

Very therapeutic.

were u upset earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

jumpguy wrote: »

First person to say "I fap" gets lots of thanks.

No, thats how i let out......ummm.....other stuff. Does anger come out of the end of yours???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

smashey wrote: »

Very therapeutic.
    Can I do that? Can I be a prison warden to taunt them? Please... :D

It's worth a jammydodger and a few pence for penny sweets for ya. :)
    lalee17 wrote: »
    I fap.
    Nobody likes a thanks-whore now do they? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Take a deep breath (breath out again obviously) and count to 10.

Different things work for everyone - you just have to find yourself the best way for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I don't really get angry anymore. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I post on boards to find angry people and then I go and kill them. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

You could always try a pointless YouTube arguement. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

fintonie wrote: »
    were u upset earlier
    I was. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭token56

You need to buy a punching bag, nothing better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

token56 wrote: »
    Better still, go to the shop and continuously punch the bag until you get thrown out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

token56 wrote: »
    Was thinking about that a while back but there's nowhere to hang it (inside anyway). Can you hang them in a shed or something? How much do they cost?

what really works empty room and just take a deep breath then open the mouth and yell as loud as you can using that one breath, a couple of nice deep breath after this and you will feel so much better, (also a couple of good shouts/roars a day is a good thing when your having a piss or just on your own for a minute, even if someone hears you and they come to you asking was that you or did you hear that you say no the effect is twice as good. Or ice pack on the neck to kill the bruising,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I find something highly marginal on the list of things that are ****ed in this country i.e Tesco self-service tills,and then start an ill informed campaign of hate against them on after hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I take my shotgun and i shoot stuff.Last thing was a bath in a quarry....:)
    Break bottles at bottle bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

shezer wrote: »
    I take my shotgun and i shoot stuff.Last thing was a bath in a quarry....:)
    Break bottles at bottle bank.

actually that'd piss me of no end!
    theres nothing worse than the morning after the night before,and going down to the bottle bank with the empties
    it's like each bottle breaking is a tiny chisel to the ear...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Apparantly it's less "healthy" to let it out than to keep it in. That is, people who release their anger more, are more likely to be more angry. Pseudo-scientific studies have 'proved' it. This information comes from an episode of "pen and teller's something or other" I saw last night, so perhaps it's not so reliable. But then neither are many of the findings of psychologists :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Briefly write down why you're angry, just the key points. Then try and write down some things you yourself may have done to bring about the situation e.g. saying something inconsiderate, intolerance, envy, egotism, that sort of thing. Look at it again in a few days and you'll feel silly to have beens so angry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

I don't get mad, i get even

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

imo - this comes from within..........you probably heard of cal-mag.

well get yourself a months supply of magnesuim , because your body may be getting too much calcuim.

give it a go ...................it works for me

raah! wrote: »
    Apparantly it's less "healthy" to let it out than to keep it in. That is, people who release their anger more, are more likely to be more angry. Pseudo-scientific studies have 'proved' it. This information comes from an episode of "pen and teller's something or other" I saw last night, so perhaps it's not so reliable. But then neither are many of the findings of psychologists :)

don't see how ur findings work, what u propose creates the mountain of anger leading to the guy/woman walking into that building letting go killing a lot of innocent people.

Briefly write down why you're angry, just the key points. Then try and write down some things you yourself may have done to bring about the situation e.g. saying something inconsiderate, intolerance, envy, egotism, that sort of thing. Look at it again in a few days and you'll feel silly to have beens so angry.

i think this is one of the better ideas on this topic, also gives you a chance to learn a lot about yourself.

don't see how ur findings work, what u propose creates the mountain of anger leading to the guy/woman walking into that building letting go killing a lot of innocent people.

Well they are not my findings, and neither do they have anything to do with what creates said 'mountain of anger'.

Also, I really love when innocent people get killed by things.

Well they are not my 'findings', and neither do they have anything to do with what creates said 'mountain of anger'.

Also, I really love when innocent people get killed by things.

:D no bodder but the mountain starts as a mole hill, so you r happy a lot of innocent people were killed by mountains

:D no bodder but the mountain starts as a mole hill, so you r happy a lot of innocent people were killed by mountains

I R indeed. Nah I'm havin' a laugh, you get in trouble here if you don't spell words fully, it's in the charter there.

I R indeed. Nah I'm havin' a laugh, you get in trouble here if you don't spell words fully, it's in the charter there.

:D oh the power of it all duly noted mon ami i got banned already today and it same first time here really, i used the f word spelt different of course but i got no reprieve, even though i weren't sure of the rules, live in learn aye infamy infamy they have it infamy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't get angry I get even!

I stubbed my toe on the bed there half an hour ago so I set the bed on fire, that'll teach that piece of **** bed to mess with me. Wrecked now though off to be... Bollix!!

Advertisement