Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Excuse you have?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I don't use excuses when I'm bored , I listen to them and have a great laugh.
    The amount of bull , like I know the statistics of some of these illnesses .
    Once I went into hysterics on the street with one of them , she didn't know what to do , "she went every three seconds someone goes blind ".
    Yeah I'm a sick bastard but what I imagined was a lot of people snapping there fingers , and people going blind .
    Didn't stop me again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

I've a young face so just a simple "Sorry, I'm not 18" and no one feels bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Was asked recently by a chugger if i'd like to sponsor a child in africa - i said sure - what's he doing, a sponsored swim/cycle/walk.
    Chugger didn't know what to say so i left it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

I used to do a bit of chugging for Goal and St.Vincent de Paul when I was in college. But it was only voluntary work, we didn't get paid. In fairness though all we had to do was hold a bucket and we got no abuse. Not sure I'd like to do it now though. The aggressive chuggers have pissed people off and I wouldn't like to bank on the general public knowing the difference between somebody doing a few hours of voluntary work and somebody whose main interest is self-serving commission sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lynnx

I was in town last week, doing a spot of shopping and got stopped 4 times by the same charity, just kept saying "no thanks" but they carried on with their speech so i walked away. getting pissed off the last time i just said "no i've no money" and surprisingly he said "no problem". he was the only bloke, rest were girls.... just goes to show ya.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

''I am the new face of concern'' all donations you collect will be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

bluto63 wrote: »
    I just say no thanks. A friend of mine did it for a day before quitting. He says he's never been called a cnut so many times in his life. People saying that is a little excessive, no? They're just doing their job

Depends what type of chugger he was, if he was the persistent type then I'd condone a bit of abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

I find a firm "Sorry, I'm in a hurry." Does it every time. As for the doorstep collectors....there's a reason why my doorbell doesn't work. :D

I give to charity....but on my own terms. There's no way I'm handing out my bank details to some kid in the street. But what REALLY annoys me is chuggers coming into pubs. That's plain out of order. :mad:

Jen ;->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Jenroche wrote: »
    I give to charity....but on my own terms. There's no way I'm handing out my bank details to some kid in the street.
    Jen ;->
    Now that's the bit that gets me ,like some kid expects you to sign up to some charity and randomly hand your bank details on the doorstep then the puzzled look :confused: they give you when you politley tell them your not intrested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

sbhatia wrote: »
    My excuse is that i am already Member ( which i am).

Why is that an excuse? You feel you're immune because your job just so happens to put some money towards charity (even though you get most of it in your pocket)?

Seriously man, I don't see why you shouldn't donate directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Seaneh wrote: »
    no sex was had.

Ah here, at least have the decency to make something up for us :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I say "oh sorry, I'm only 16."

I'm 19 and look older. So I run while they're confused.

Advertisement