Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Excuse you have?

Options
  • 31-07-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Ok so here it goes.
    Since this Morning i have been stopped by atleast 5 Various Charities workers and other Organizations.

My excuse is that i am already Member ( which i am).
    But just wondering what other people have to say about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

chugger : "can you stop and talk for just 5 minutes?"
    me: "no."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I just say no thanks. A friend of mine did it for a day before quitting. He says he's never been called a cnut so many times in his life. People saying that is a little excessive, no? They're just doing their job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

sbhatia wrote: »

My excuse is that i am already Member

That's a good one!
    Must remember it.
    Gettin tired of tellin' 'em to Fook off all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Smile and shake head or say "no thanks". If they persist, say you want to talk to their team leader. There's very strict rules on what they're allowed to do, they're only supposed to ask you to stop once.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I just say I talked to their guy back thatta way and point. gets em every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I got into a 'discussion' with one who tried to guilt me into giving one day, didn't give her anything because of her tactics, cheeky bitch. Now I just say no thanks or I'm not comfortable with giving over personal information if they push me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I just give them false details

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

bluto63 wrote: »
    I just say no thanks. A friend of mine did it for a day before quitting. He says he's never been called a cnut so many times in his life. People saying that is a little excessive, no? They're just doing their job

If I hired someone to go around randomly kicking people in the nuts and they got you would you still say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

ShooterSF wrote: »
    If I hired someone to go around randomly kicking people in the nuts...

I want that job :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

ShooterSF wrote: »
    If I hired someone to go around randomly kicking people in the nuts and they got you would you still say that?

Lol good one.
    bluto63 wrote: »

Yeah that's their job right, That's the only reason of me being Polite.
    Smile and shake head or say "no thanks". If they persist, say you want to talk to their team leader. There's very strict rules on what they're allowed to do, they're only supposed to ask you to stop once.

Didn't know this, Must remember this next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Utd4Ever

Usually don't stop and if they keep at me I tell them to p**s off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Headphones in head, head down. Avoid eye contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

super-rush wrote: »
    I just give them false details

I just give them super-rush's details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

My excuse is that I ignore them completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I pretend to be either deaf or foreign, or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I just say 'no, sorry' and keep walking, but my boyfriend and I got guilted into buying a €3 scratchcard yesterday for some alcoholic centre in Dun Laoghaire, didn't win of course. I actually wanted to give money to an animal charity person on Grafton Street, raging now that I didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Ignore them or just say NO if one of them manage to get in my way

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I just give them super-rush's details.

Insufficient funds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

None. A battery of swearwords or a comment about their hourly rate of pay is usually enough to thwart their advances...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

'I'm not 18 yet!'

Little do they know that I am in fact 18 and eligible to give them my bank details or whatever. Mwah ha ha ha!

Sadly my youthful looks ain't gonna last forever. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

"I'm not allowed to talk to strangers"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Level 1: "No thanks"
    Level 2 (They deliberately block my path): "Get the fcuk out of my way or you will be sorry"
    Level 3 (They are stubborn and refuse to move or try to block me as I side step them): They hit the ground hard and I make no apologies then or now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Biggins wrote: »
    Level 1: "No thanks"
    Level 2 (They deliberately block my path): "Get the fcuk out of my way or you will be sorry"
    Level 3 (They are stubborn and refuse to move or try to block me as I side step them): They hit the ground hard and I make no apologies then or now!

Wow, you're really cool

Wow, you're really cool

Cobblers. The last thing I am is cool.
    I can be a thick schite to those that are just rude and thick.
    If they are polite, no problem what so ever at all. The tiny minority that go overboard... they deserve what they get.

Reap as ye sow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

hourly rate of pay you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

They hit the ground hard and I make no apologies then or now!

:rolleyes:
    Yeah. fúcking. right.

SV wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Yeah. fúcking. right.
    I don't have the time to mess around with stupid thick fcuks that block my way.
    My time is precious. I deal with enough thick, usually armed fcuks in my line of work so if some stupid fcuk don't get out of my way after I request them to so, thats their hard luck in regard to the consequences.

If there is a lesson to be learned by the more aggressive chuggers, its that "NEVER judge a book by its cover" otherwise they end up paying for their stupidity.
    I've taught that lesson to a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

My time is precious. I deal with enough thick, usually armed fcuks in my line of work so if some stupid fcuk don't get out of my way after I request them to so, thats their hard luck in regard to the consequences.

If there is a lesson to be learned by the more aggressive chuggers, its that "NEVER judge a book by its cover" otherwise they end up paying for their stupidity.

You're trying to tell me you assault people in broad daylight because you deem them to be 'wasting your time' ?

Bullshít of the highest order.

SV wrote: »
    ...Bullshít of the highest order.

Aye, of course it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What do you do Biggins? It's always intrigued me.

Advertisement