Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prometheus *SPOILERS FROM POST 1538*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Jump to 8:08:

Scott on the derelict spacecraft in Alien: "it didn't crash, it parked".

Sounds like a different ship. I mean, this doesn't look like it's "parking" to me:

prometheus-full-trailer.jpg

And according to a few sources, most of the film takes place on LV-223, not LV-426.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Its definitely not the same planet, LV-426 looks like it has a much more hostile and desolate atmosphere than the one used in the trailer.

I reckon theres a massive amount of mis-information floating about at the moment and its been spread by the cast and crew probably. The reason I say this is because so little has been released recently about the Dark Knight Rises which proves that the stuff can be controlled if they really wish.

So most people think they have some basic story figured out and hopefully we'll be proved wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

According to this the film still hasn't been submitted to the MPAA, so there's still hope for an R-rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

Ash

Bishop

Call

David

Going by that logic if there's another android featured somewhere down the line: Enda? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

bullvine wrote: »
    I reckon theres a massive amount of mis-information floating about at the moment and its been spread by the cast and crew probably. The reason I say this is because so little has been released recently about the Dark Knight Rises which proves that the stuff can be controlled if they really wish.

So most people think they have some basic story figured out and hopefully we'll be proved wrong.

What about that script floating about ? You reckon it's a fake ?

jcf wrote: »

didnt someone post a few pages back saying it was fake

jcf wrote: »

Which one? There's a few at this stage.

The one Harry Knowles read!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Its definitely not the same planet, LV-426 looks like it has a much more hostile and desolate atmosphere than the one used in the trailer.

We already know its not LV-426, its LV-442 or something like that, a planet not too far away.

Its not the 'same' ship, but another ship belonging to the same species - the Space Jockey's.

IMO the distress signal sent from the ship on LV-426 in Alien was meant as a warning to other Jockey ships to stay away.

• Advertisement

We already know its not LV-426, its LV-442 or something like that, a planet not too far away.

Its not the 'same' ship, but another ship belonging to the same species - the Space Jockey's.

IMO the distress signal sent from the ship on LV-426 in Alien was meant as a warning to other Jockey ships to stay away.

Are we sure its not the same Space Jockey ship, has that been confirmed? Seems bad luck for 2 ships to crash on similar planets called LV-????

I think it's safe to assume at this stage that they are different ships/planets.

Are we sure its not the same Space Jockey ship, has that been confirmed? Seems bad luck for 2 ships to crash on similar planets called LV-????
    I think it's safe to assume at this stage that they are different ships/planets.

It was confirmed in one of the interviews with Empire iirc

Thanks!

Found it - I got the planets designation wrong, but besides that I remembered correctly!

http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs/empire-states/post/p1219
    For example, we learned that the planet on which much of the action takes place is designated LV-223. Just a stone’s throw, astronomically speaking, from LV-426, home of Alien and Aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Some new stills

entry_01_02.jpg
    Thats no moon...

The script I am referring to is this one
    http://www.prometheusforum.net/fake-leaked-script.txt

Seems fake ..... Thanks Christ

HA ha just saw the name of the text file !
    Duh!!!

<snip>

EDIT: Nevermind, the source for this has since removed the rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

BFI IMAX tickets for London Waterloo are supposed to be on sale tomorrow, so i'm suprised there's no UK rating yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

I had a lad sit me down in a pub one day telling me that this movie is all a front for conspiracy theories and stone cutters etc.

Discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

eldwaro wrote: »
    I had a lad sit me down in a pub one day telling me that this movie is all a front for conspiracy theories and stone cutters etc.

Discuss.

Move along

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

red dave wrote: »

Discuss.

Move along

I'm not trolling. I saw the title and I remembered. I couldn't believe what he was coming out with but this movie was one of his notions. Either it was bull or talked to death. Just wondering. Sorry I posed the question is such trolly manner. I've had a strange day on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Discuss.

He obviously watched that Alex Jones babbling video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Vokes wrote: »
    BFI IMAX tickets for London Waterloo are supposed to be on sale tomorrow, so i'm suprised there's no UK rating yet.
    Annnnd .... booked :)

Rating is 15/TBC - so nothing definitive.

The rating is indeed confirmed to be 15 :D

Good stuff. Can't wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

The US don't have a 15 so still no indication of which cut it is. A tough pg-13 will get a 15 in the UK.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

15 isn't too bad, Alien(s) would probably get a 15 these days

Confirmed where? There's nothing on the BBFC website.

• Advertisement

Confirmed where? There's nothing on the BBFC website.

Sorry. Mis-read an article. It's expected to be confirmed as 15 when the next trailer is shown on Channel 4

Advertisement